What's new

Combo List - Erron Black Erron Black Combo Thread (Updated 15.05.15)

NQuad1Zero

Hidden Fraud
I dont really get why would you end in 21122 ct as most people for some reason can just techroll and poke , is there an actual good reason ? I mean i know its better than dbf2 but why are they able to techroll out of it ;-; i jus try to end with f24 ct most of the time ( im talking strictly bout marksman and gunslinger)
21122 special cancel doesn't leave you as plus as F24 special cancel does (iirc it's somewhere in the +40s), The main reason being 21122 does more damage and is faster (and hence easier) to connect, being a frame 9 starter (as opposed to F2 being somewhere in the low 2 digits). Very minor differences, but even I have the habit of doing 21122 enders off muscle memory because it's more reliable to connect. Also iirc I havent been able to connect F24 enders as consistently because if you've comboed them long enough, your kick after F2 may whiff entirely due to the opponent's gravity scaling being very very fast.

Also, I'm fairly certain that you should be able to still block their techroll lowpoke in time (as you can still block subzero's EX slide for example) which makes them ever so slightly negative against you. But this does mean that if they know you're gonna block and respect them you may have to eat THEIR mixup instead, stuff like that.

21122 special cancel doesn't leave you as plus as F24 special cancel does (iirc it's somewhere in the +40s), The main reason being 21122 does more damage and is faster (and hence easier) to connect, being a frame 9 starter (as opposed to F2 being somewhere in the low 2 digits). Very minor differences, but even I have the habit of doing 21122 enders off muscle memory because it's more reliable to connect. Also iirc I havent been able to connect F24 enders as consistently because if you've comboed them long enough, your kick after F2 may whiff entirely due to the opponent's gravity scaling being very very fast.

Also, I'm fairly certain that you should be able to still block their techroll lowpoke in time (as you can still block subzero's EX slide for example) which makes them ever so slightly negative against you. But this does mean that if they know you're gonna block and respect them you may have to eat THEIR mixup instead, stuff like that.
Yeah basically i just changed abit in the bnbs abit so i could fit the f24 ct when i needed it for example (marksman) starter xx ex sg njp f3 db2 f24 caltrops it nets you around like 33% ? Idk but i always prefer hard knockdown.

NQuad1Zero

Hidden Fraud
Yeah basically i just changed abit in the bnbs abit so i could fit the f24 ct when i needed it for example (marksman) starter xx ex sg njp f3 db2 f24 caltrops it nets you around like 33% ? Idk but i always prefer hard knockdown.
33%? You realise doing that with an EX sandgrenade starter loses you 7-12% damage in the corner (which is about the damage caltrops do). I posted a video on it before but after EX sandgrenade in the corner, you go 4 db4 f3 db2 (although f3 is a VERY tight link, replace this with b1 or b2 for an easier combo for 1-2% less damage) 21122 sandtrap. If you used the low starter (B33) and used the F3 db2 link that's 45% and the overhead starter (F12/3) thats 43% using the F3 db2 link. If you hate the command grab ender that's when you can go for the caltrops but against smarter opponents (or even ones that know you can tech roll after 21122 enders) it's a 3-way mixup between continuing pressure, blocking their lowpoke/armoured reversal or lowpoking their attempted mixup back on you (which is sort of also continuing pressure). Just another suggestion is all.

is it possible to get a f13, swing, 21122, command grab?? i can't seem to reach the 21122 after the swing, tried the run cancel but its so hard to pull, is it possible? is there another combo that starts overhead and doesn't require rifle cancel to b3 launcher? a meterless combo?

33%? You realise doing that with an EX sandgrenade starter loses you 7-12% damage in the corner (which is about the damage caltrops do). I posted a video on it before but after EX sandgrenade in the corner, you go 4 db4 f3 db2 (although f3 is a VERY tight link, replace this with b1 or b2 for an easier combo for 1-2% less damage) 21122 sandtrap. If you used the low starter (B33) and used the F3 db2 link that's 45% and the overhead starter (F12/3) thats 43% using the F3 db2 link. If you hate the command grab ender that's when you can go for the caltrops but against smarter opponents (or even ones that know you can tech roll after 21122 enders) it's a 3-way mixup between continuing pressure, blocking their lowpoke/armoured reversal or lowpoking their attempted mixup back on you (which is sort of also continuing pressure). Just another suggestion is all.
That was an example , i do 4 db4. B2 db2

ryublaze

Noob
New Marksman BnBs:

Midscreen:
2112 gc 2112 db2 21122 sand tackle 34%
2112 gc 2112 db2 run 11 21122 sand tackle 35%
f13 gc 2112 db2 run 11 21122 sand tackle 35%
b33 gc 2112 db2 run 11 21122 sand tackle 37%

Corner:
2112 gc 2112 db2 b33 db2 21122 sand tackle 39%
f13 gc b33 db2 b33 db2 21122 sand tackle 42%

ryublaze

Noob
New Marksman 1 Bar Combos:

f13 ex sand grenade f3 db2 run 21122 sand tackle 39%
2112 mb db2 run f3 db2 run 21122 sand tackle 42%
f12 mb db2 run f3 db2 run 21122 sand tackle 43%
b32 mb db2 run f3 db2 run 21122 sand tackle 43%

Might be worth it to spend meter in combos now.

EDIT: The mb db2 combos might be a bit hard. Probably not BnBs.

Last edited:

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
New Marksman 1 Bar BnBs:

f13 ex sand grenade f3 db2 run 21122 sand tackle 39%
2112 mb db2 run f3 db2 run 21122 sand tackle 42%
f12 mb db2 run f3 db2 run 21122 sand tackle 43%
b32 mb db2 run f3 db2 run 21122 sand tackle 43%

Might be worth it to spend meter in combos now.
Not to be a downer but none of these meterless or metered bnbs are new. The metered ones you never saw because exSG was so attractive for pressure, but now that it's pretty useless it might be good to start using meter in combos again.

ryublaze

Noob
Not to be a downer but none of these meterless or metered bnbs are new. The metered ones you never saw because exSG was so attractive for pressure, but now that it's pretty useless it might be good to start using meter in combos again.
He could combo off of the last hit of 21122 with cmd grab before the patch? I can't remember because this thread never gets updated. Also I don't think ex sand grenade is useless.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
He could combo off of the last hit of 21122 with cmd grab before the patch? I can't remember because this thread never gets updated. Also I don't think ex sand grenade is useless.
I thought he could, I could be totally wrong though because for months it has been better to just slide after for oki. How are you using exSG now?

ryublaze

Noob
I thought he could, I could be totally wrong though because for months it has been better to just slide after for oki. How are you using exSG now?
I think was mentioned in another thread but u can still run up and check them with a d1. The pushback also makes it so you can whiff punish pokes with f13. EX Sand grenade is good when u don't have stamina and after f13 to keep continue pressure.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
hey guys i don't really play erron so idk if this is known and ifvitvis oops BUT if u do SOS 3 at about match start distance there's no gap in it, it becomes a true block string. so if you can space it right after a hdk you get a guaranteed 8% armor breaking special on someone's wake up

Kakarot

PSN: KonquerorSpirit
hey guys i don't really play erron so idk if this is known and ifvitvis oops BUT if u do SOS 3 at about match start distance there's no gap in it, it becomes a true block string. so if you can space it right after a hdk you get a guaranteed 8% armor breaking special on someone's wake up
Yeah this is known. If you end a combo in a slide and immediately run in and SOS 3 then there's no gap. You have to time it right though or you could get blown up. You just can't do this against characters with fast armored wake ups

Noob
Same with sand trap and ex-sand but its risky since the first two shots miss usually.

You can also do it in the corner, F24 -> backdash -> SOS3.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Generally speaking, the combo system works like this
Starter/Launcher - filler - ender.

Starters
F1 string variations
B3 string variations
11 string variations

Launchers
* 112 (8 frame punisher, launches at an angle - requires Run Cancels)

* b32u1 (low starter, "normal" pop up)

* Db4 (Marksman and Gunslinger only; in Outlaw, this move is replaced with Sand cloud that acts as a combo extender)

* Db2 (Marksman only, AA launcher )

* b2 (slight angle [can follow up without running], raw standing launch, relaunches, great in corner)

* EX sand grenade (great mid screen combo extender in all variations, can follow up without Run cancels)

Enders:
21122 (put em up)
2112xxdbf2 (above combo into sand tackle)
F2xxdbf2
121 (last hit is overhead, smashes opponent straight down, potential for oki set ups)
F232 (last hit shoots opponent full screen)

Here's a selection of Kombos from the thread so far.

Universal Kombos (WIP)
b32u1, f2,4, dbf2 (26%)
B32u1, njp, ji3, b12xxdbf2 (31%, corner only)
B33 xx EX sand grenade, njp 1, f12 xx dbf2 - (36%, 1 bar)

Gunslinger Combos:

Marksman Combos:

Outlaw Combos:
Mid screen

B3,2,U1, NJP, Dash, F3, 2+4 (26%)
starter~db4, walk forward, b32u1, njp, dash, f24, 211~dbf2 (30%)
starter~db4, walk forward, b32u1, njp, ji4, f24~close caltrops (26% + hard knockdown on DoT setup)
jip b33 Sand Toss jip b32u1 njp run b33 Tarkatan Stab (40% or 45% ending with EX T.S)

Corner only:

jip b33 Close Sand Shot Uppercut 11 b33 EX TS: (51%, 2 bars)
Does F13 BF3ex in the corner not work on females???
EDIT: lol I'm so dumb

Last edited: