What's new

General/Other - Ermac Ermac Render and 1080p 60fps Trailer Released

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
I like it. If anything, NRS are showing a willingness to take some chances with their designs and not just give us the same recycled models for twenty years. The fact that they will change it up gets me hype to see any potential reveal, just to see how they interpret the character for MKX. With most fighting games, you know 99.9% what a character will look/play like. This shows a passion for what they're doing, and not the rehash laziness of other companies.

I like it. If anything, NRS are showing a willingness to take some chances with their designs and not just give us the same recycled models for twenty years. The fact that they will change it up gets me hype to see any potential reveal, just to see how they interpret the character for MKX. With most fighting games, you know 99.9% what a character will look/play like. This shows a passion for what they're doing, and not the rehash laziness of other companies.
IMO, they didn't change his design enough. It looks too similar to his alt. in MK9.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
IMO, they didn't change his design enough. It looks too similar to his alt. in MK9.
What changes do you think would suit him? Although his outfit has some similarities to his MK9 alt, his character model/animation and overall impression is radically different IMO.

What changes do you think would suit him? Although his outfit has some similarities to his MK9 alt, his character model/animation and overall impression is radically different IMO.
I was referring to his outfit only. Everything else I really like.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I swear, after that Kitana/Lao trailer you guys have been acting like a bunch of whiney babies.

And that render costume is garbage, the one he has now is fine. That costume would look like shit in game and in motion anyway, you can tell just by looking at it.

---
The reason why I feel this is going to be his main costume is due to 3 reasons:
1 - It's already made and 3D render also
That means absolutely nothing.

2 - It was well received by most people
Some, not most.

3 - One of the boots released by Boon looks exactly like this
False.

The only two that even slightly resemble the boot in that picture are the first one which was confirmed as Quan Chi's, and the last one which was confirmed to belong to the bow wielder in another of Boon's tweets.

Last edited:

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I swear, after that Kitana/Lao trailer you guys have been acting like a bunch of whiney babies.

And that render costume is garbage, the one he has now is fine. That costume would look like shit in game and in motion anyway, you can tell just by looking at it.

---

That means absolutely nothing.

Some, not most.

False.

The only two that even slightly resemble the boot in that picture are the first one which was confirmed as Quan Chi's, and the last one which was confirmed to belong to the bow wielder in another of Boon's tweets.
Well then I guess I was wrong lol
So let me rephrase my statement:

The reason why I feel this is going to be his main costume is due to 1 reasons:
1 - I really like it and hope it will be
:D

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
If that costume isn't already an Alt in the game, then just pester Ed about getting it added as a DLC costume. You might luck out!

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
That's a scarecrow from Batman Arkham Knight
Better than a mummy lol
Honestly if they gave him a more metallic mask (like his alt costume in MK9), it should be fine. They can also smooth the edges of his hood and cool it with the shoulder pads. But that's nitpicking at this point.

I love his costume in the trailer, but I really hope they didn't change his gloves to green, or is that just an effect? It looks stupid as hell