What's new

General/Other - Ermac Ermac Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Ermac is solid. Try all his variations, but outside of Mystic he doesn't have force push. He loses a zoning tool, which is pretty lame. His damage is better in MoS. I've seen 37%, but one is forced to use meter since Teleslam doesn't hover the opponent outside of mystic. He's definitely solid, but I feel like he'll be mid like he was last game, unless other characters turn out to be better overall. I have a feeling this game will be heavily footsie based now that block dashing isn't really a thing anymore.

No one really. Not hitting netplay until a week after its official release. Going to wait till the servers unclog. Classy Sasquatch and I went to Queens to obtain our copies yesterday and spent a few hours bsing with characters. Lao is stupid by the way. Haha
Why isnt block dashing a thing anymore? And when you say stupid you mean he seems to be OP?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ermac is solid. Try all his variations, but outside of Mystic he doesn't have force push. He loses a zoning tool, which is pretty lame. His damage is better in MoS. I've seen 37%, but one is forced to use meter since Teleslam doesn't hover the opponent outside of mystic. He's definitely solid, but I feel like he'll be mid like he was last game, unless other characters turn out to be better overall. I have a feeling this game will be heavily footsie based now that block dashing isn't really a thing anymore.

No one really. Not hitting netplay until a week after its official release. Going to wait till the servers unclog. Classy Sasquatch and I went to Queens to obtain our copies yesterday and spent a few hours bsing with characters. Lao is stupid by the way. Haha
The lose of the push I'll admit at first is a little disappointing but they did give him the soul ball which stuns now (at times if he hits or trades with the 3 souls around him) between the faster tp that juggles and the move that pops them up off the stun soulball or on hit I think that kind of makes up for it. The force push he has in Mystic, but he loses the soul ball...so to me it's a tradeoff. I plan on using both, I have no interest in Spectral.

I do think the fact that his TKS doesn't juggle this time around is a bit lame, though he does have low starter and a launcher in MOS and finally armor this time around.

You're probably right about footsie gig, zoning may be tougher with the run but also risky for rushdown players as you can't just cancel into block like MK9 either. So should be very interesting to see match ups and how people alter their styles and adapt.

Are you the LI Joe guy? Just curious.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Why isnt block dashing a thing anymore? And when you say stupid you mean he seems to be OP?
If one were to activate the run in MKX one would need to double tap forward + bloc, or hit block while in mid dash. Using an attack while in the beginning or middle of the run animation cancels out of it which allows one to extend combos. Ermac has them. If one were to double tap forward for a simple dash and try to block to cancel it the run mechanic would activate. If you delay hitting the block button you will end up just canceling it at the end of the animation, so it's too slow to be useful. You'll get blown up.

Lao is just like he was in mk9, but with more tricks. I was watching somethings Classy was coming up with and I my response was simply this, "Lol.".

The lose of the push I'll admit at first is a little disappointing but they did give him the soul ball which stuns now (at times if he hits or trades with the 3 souls around him) between the faster tp that juggles and the move that pops them up off the stun soulball or on hit I think that kind of makes up for it. The force push he has in Mystic, but he loses the soul ball...so to me it's a tradeoff. I plan on using both, I have no interest in Spectral.

I do think the fact that his TKS doesn't juggle this time around is a bit lame, though he does have low starter and a launcher in MOS and finally armor this time around.

You're probably right about footsie gig, zoning may be tougher with the run but also risky for rushdown players as you can't just cancel into block like MK9 either. So should be very interesting to see match ups and how people alter their styles and adapt.

He has the soul orb, but when using it at first with all 3 souls it eats 2 out of the 3 souls. You can do it again, but it will not stun until you obtain the souls back from the attack. The cool down isn't bad, but it isn't good either. Also, one can just bait it, so I think the trade off sucks personally.

No, I'm not LI Joe. I'm no one important.

CliffP

Noob
Liu Kang is death =\

Hitoshura

Head Cage

Liu Kang is death =\
Our first impressions on Liu were very underwhelming. Hope that changes as time passes and the game evolves.

CliffP

Noob
Our first impressions on Liu were very underwhelming. Hope that changes as time passes and the game evolves.
I think he's pretty broken (using this word very loosely lol) personally. Safe strings that high low and combo into 30%. Zoning. The works. What made you guys underwhelmed?

At least, I haven't figured out how to beat him with Ermac. =(

haketh

Noob
I think he's pretty broken (using this word very loosely lol) personally. Safe strings that high low and combo into 30%. Zoning. The works. What made you guys underwhelmed?

At least, I haven't figured out how to beat him with Ermac. =(
He has no Overhead starting string that leads to damage, not saying he isn't strong but his mixup is a bit lacking.

CliffP

Noob
I'm still using Ermac regardeless of who says or thinks Ermac may suck or is disappointing, every player regardless of level has a mindset of how that characters should play. I'm sure with determination, Ermac will be good in this game especially when he has better tools to use in this game than MK9. I'll find out tomorrow night at the GS tourney we'll get to play the game 4 hours earlier yayy lol.
For sure, F that noise that he's straight up not good. If you're good, you'll win the majority of your matches and he's so fun to play.

Currently trying to hold it down for Team Ermac online.

CliffP

Noob
He has no Overhead starting string that leads to damage, not saying he isn't strong but his mixup is a bit lacking.
113 is overhead that ground bounces, very easy to block though.

And his B2 is a stupid fast overhead from a distance where most characters normals can't touch him, which is why I've been having trouble as Ermac. That mindgame combined with the low fireball and low starters is difficulty to play around with no get off me moves.

Edit: Unless you meant his straight up first attack overheads don't lead to combos, then yes, my bad lol.

Double Edit:Raw bicycle kick MIGHT be an overhead if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

MKF30

If one were to activate the run in MKX one would need to double tap forward + bloc, or hit block while in mid dash. Using an attack while in the beginning or middle of the run animation cancels out of it which allows one to extend combos. Ermac has them. If one were to double tap forward for a simple dash and try to block to cancel it the run mechanic would activate. If you delay hitting the block button you will end up just canceling it at the end of the animation, so it's too slow to be useful. You'll get blown up.

Lao is just like he was in mk9, but with more tricks. I was watching somethings Classy was coming up with and I my response was simply this, "Lol.".

He has the soul orb, but when using it at first with all 3 souls it eats 2 out of the 3 souls. You can do it again, but it will not stun until you obtain the souls back from the attack. The cool down isn't bad, but it isn't good either. Also, one can just bait it, so I think the trade off sucks personally.

No, I'm not LI Joe. I'm no one important.
lol it's all good, I like to think we whole as the MKC are equally important. I think we all contribute to MK, because let's face it without the millions of fans, there would be no MK, you know? ;) And that's regardless of kind of player you are. :) But anyway sometimes known people or developers use different usernames, so I figured I'd ask that :cool:

But yeah I know that about the soul ball, just saying when you can trade with the 3 souls you can get free damage even if you're not near them via the tp. :D I don't mind dealing with the small cool down, no doubt they did that for balance. I look forward to using him.

@CliffP Agreed. I mean I had a friend on Xbox who I played with on MK 9 @CRKFIEND who had arguably the best Stryker, who was low tier yet used him to the max. So I definitely agree and don't buy that "Ermac sucks" bs, especially if he's a mid? Pfftt mids can be deadly in the right hands.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
lol it's all good, I like to think we whole as the MKC are equally important. I think we all contribute to MK, because let's face it without the millions of fans, there would be no MK, you know? ;) And that's regardless of kind of player you are. :) But anyway sometimes known people or developers use different usernames, so I figured I'd ask that :cool:

But yeah I know that about the soul ball, just saying when you can trade with the 3 souls you can get free damage even if you're not near them via the tp. :D I don't mind dealing with the small cool down, no doubt they did that for balance. I look forward to using him.

@CliffP Agreed. I mean I had a friend on Xbox who I played with on MK 9 @CRKFIEND who had arguably the best Stryker, who was low tier yet used him to the max. So I definitely agree and don't buy that "Ermac sucks" bs, especially if he's a mid? Pfftt mids can be deadly in the right hands.
The only thing I'm worried about is his zoning. In general zoning seems to be a bit more punishable this time around. Force push has 36 frames of recovery on wife and is -24 on block (Keep in mind I lack knowledge of Ermac's frame data from MK9.). With this new dash mechanic I feel as though people can possibly get in on other players a little more easily now, but this is all theory of course.

MKF30

The only thing I'm worried about is his zoning. In general zoning seems to be a bit more punishable this time around. Force push has 36 frames of recovery on wife and is -24 on block (Keep in mind I lack knowledge of Ermac's frame data from MK9.). With this new dash mechanic I feel as though people can possibly get in on other players a little more easily now, but this is all theory of course.
Yeah the run mechanic makes things faster but at the same time at least they can't cancel constantly into block, also a thing a lot of rush down players loved to do. I think zoners will adapt and pokes/low poke kicks D4 seem to help against running with a good footsie game I noticed but I guess time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.