What's new

General/Other - Ermac Ermac Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i mean, not really..Joe's been playing nonstop like all week and has played ermac in every version of the game for like 14 years..obviously too early to say for real though

CliffP

Noob
So day 0 Ermac reporting.
Playing Master of Souls.

Ermac compared to everyone else day 0 tech is kinda lacking. Liu Kang has crazy strings (still blockable though). When I say he's lacking I mean, there's no way to deal with pressure except block and punish whereas guys like Kang and Sub have lighting fast wakeup options.
The Soul Trap into EX Force Slam is really wonky online, almost different timing entirely from offline and it's annoying.

I haven't found the vanish to be tremendously useful but it has some nice wakeup shenanigans for the aforementioned wake-up counters.

And EX teleport is high utility into nice damage.

I think I'm like 50-10 ish online mostly Ermac. I share LI Joes concerns though. It doesn't feel like he has as much as the other played characters. At least not in netplay.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
So day 0 Ermac reporting.
Playing Master of Souls.

Ermac compared to everyone else day 0 tech is kinda lacking. Liu Kang has crazy strings (still blockable though). When I say he's lacking I mean, there's no way to deal with pressure except block and punish whereas guys like Kang and Sub have lighting fast wakeup options.
The Soul Trap into EX Force Slam is really wonky online, almost different timing entirely from offline and it's annoying.

I haven't found the vanish to be tremendously useful but it has some nice wakeup shenanigans for the aforementioned wake-up counters.

And EX teleport is high utility into nice damage.

I think I'm like 50-10 ish online mostly Ermac. I share LI Joes concerns though. It doesn't feel like he has as much as the other played characters. At least not in netplay.
I started thinking about the fact that he may be lacking as they were revealing more and more characters. Of course he isnt flushed out completely yet but no characters are so for all we know Takeda, Kung Lao and liu Kang might be even more of a pain in the ass to deal with.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
I thought u did and I dont know why because "Do you even lift" is awesome
Wasn't me...must be a mod. I'm assuming for some very goofy reason. It happened to juggs thread too.

EDIT: I'm changing it back. Other threads still have their titles so...

Last edited:

CliffP

Noob
I started thinking about the fact that he may be lacking as they were revealing more and more characters. Of course he isnt flushed out completely yet but no characters are so for all we know Takeda, Kung Lao and liu Kang might be even more of a pain in the ass to deal with.
Funny, I played the Youtube guy Maximillion and he used Takeda. Half screen overheads into combos bruh.

We split two matches though.

Shark Tank

Funny, I played the Youtube guy Maximillion and he used Takeda. Half screen overheads into combos bruh.

Of the variations you played, which is the most versatile at a glance? How does mystic compare to MoS for controlling midscreen space?

CliffP

Noob
Of the variations you played, which is the most versatile at a glance? How does mystic compare to MoS for controlling midscreen space?
I haven't messed around nearly as much with Mystic, but I don't really see the point, the mid screen options are just as punishable for both versions but MoS lets me combo off free energy traps for 35%+.

Just from preliminary observation though. All moves and combos are shared amongst versions, except specials of course.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
so LIJoe thinks ermac is bad in this game, i usually trust his opinion on these things. lets see though
Play him yourself. You'' see Mystic is his only viable variation. The other two lack a key competent in his meter and keep away game. His force push. In Mystic combo damage is 5-7% less than MoS and Spectral (not sure on that one), but he has more tools and a AA Teleslam which grants the user a 23%+ punish combo for jump happy players.

Ermac isn't terrible by any means, although the game isn't even out yet and testing needs to be done, he seems pretty solid to me. Kenshi seems like a more fitting choice if one is trying to play a zoner with more options though, and I mean options in terms of combo options. Kenshi has a lot of those.

Last edited:

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem

Half screen overhead.....fuckin hell lol Yea I have a strong feeling Takeda will be a MASSIVE pain the ass.

- Have you (or anyone else) tried Ermac's pressure game? Is it better or worst than in MK9?
- And the question we all want to know....can you combo off a AA uppercut? :D

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Half screen overhead.....fuckin hell lol Yea I have a strong feeling Takeda will be a MASSIVE pain the ass.

- Have you (or anyone else) tried Ermac's pressure game? Is it better or worst than in MK9?
- And the question we all want to know....can you combo off a AA uppercut? :D
Uppercut combos do not work. Ermac's uppercut recovers right before they hit the ground if aa'd. I tried teleport punching, but no success. I'm sure there may be a way, but I doubt it. I haven't played any matches yet, but I assume his pressure is the same. He has some nice setups for a high/low mixup, but they are small in numbers. Just got to mess with your opponents mind to get stuff rolling.

Last edited:

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Uppercut combos do not work. Ermac's uppercut recover right before they hit the ground if aa'd. I tried teleport punching, but no success. I'm sure there may be a way, but I doubt it. I haven't played any matches yet, but I assume his pressure is the same. He has some nice setups for a high/low mixup, but he has one good high and one good low. Just got to mess with your opponents mind to get stuff rolling.
Damnit, Uppercuts in MK9 were huge for ermac, safe on block and could lead to massive dmg. They were my "Holy-shit-i'm-about-to-die-start-paniking" move

How good are his pokes though? I'm thinking about the times I need to try to get out of liu Kang pressure or something

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Damnit, Uppercuts in MK9 were huge for ermac, safe on block and could lead to massive dmg. They were my "Holy-shit-i'm-about-to-die-start-paniking" move

How good are his pokes though? I'm thinking about the times I need to try to get out of liu Kang pressure or something
His d3 is your go to poke. Has great range, hits low, -5 on block, however, from a distance it would be hard to punish due to it's quick recovery. Be careful of his d1. Range is decent, but up close the block advantage will kill you. -9, hits mid, probably get blown up. His uppercut is -12. He has a f4 which is his overhead and it's fast as shit too. It starts up in 11 frames. Average standing poke is 10. He also has b3 which is a low starter and starts at 12 frames.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'm still using Ermac regardeless of who says or thinks Ermac may suck or is disappointing, every player regardless of level has a mindset of how that characters should play. I'm sure with determination, Ermac will be good in this game especially when he has better tools to use in this game than MK9. I'll find out tomorrow night at the GS tourney we'll get to play the game 4 hours earlier yayy lol.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
His d3 is your go to poke. Has great range, hits low, -5 on block, however, from a distance it would be hard to punish due to it's quick recovery. Be careful of his d1. Range is decent, but up close the block advantage will kill you. -9, hits mid, probably get blown up. His uppercut is -12. He has a f4 which is his overhead and it's fast as shit too. It starts up in 11 frames. Average standing poke is 10. He also has b3 which is a low starter and starts at 12 frames.
-9 damn lol
Who has been giving u a hard time thus far?

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I'm still using Ermac regardeless of who says or thinks Ermac may suck or is disappointing, every player regardless of level has a mindset of how that characters should play. I'm sure with determination, Ermac will be good in this game especially when he has better tools to use in this game than MK9. I'll find out tomorrow night at the GS tourney we'll get to play the game 4 hours earlier yayy lol.
Ermac is solid. Try all his variations, but outside of Mystic he doesn't have force push. He loses a zoning tool, which is pretty lame. His damage is better in MoS. I've seen 37%, but one is forced to use meter since Teleslam doesn't hover the opponent outside of mystic. He's definitely solid, but I feel like he'll be mid like he was last game, unless other characters turn out to be better overall. I have a feeling this game will be heavily footsie based now that block dashing isn't really a thing anymore.

-9 damn lol
Who has been giving u a hard time thus far?
No one really. Not hitting netplay until a week after its official release. Going to wait till the servers unclog. Classy Sasquatch and I went to Queens to obtain our copies yesterday and spent a few hours bsing with characters. Lao is stupid by the way. Haha

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Hows uppercut for AA. What's his best AA normal? Special?
I stated before that AA uppercut combos aren't a thing. I haven't tried aa normals yet, but Teleslam aa's if timed right and leads into 23%+ damage. If you wish to check out the combo thread, I posted a few combos I found if you want to give them a whirl.

Shark Tank

I stated before that AA uppercut combos aren't a thing. I haven't tried aa normals yet, but Teleslam aa's if timed right and leads into 23%+ damage. If you wish to check out the combo thread, I posted a few combos I found if you want to give them a whirl.
Well aside from combo ability is it decent on reaction? Does it have "priority" or does it get stuffed. Good for blowing up jump overs?

This just a quirk thing I want to Know(uppercut I mean)

Status
Not open for further replies.