What's new

General/Other - Ermac Ermac Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Just happy he finally has a good overhead and fucking armor this time around. This alone is a big improvement.
And a faster teleport and I think I recall a low starter but I might be wrong :D
All we are missing is a full screen Xray that's unblockable....we earned it by putting up with years of no armor, no lows or overhead combos and a shit levitate move.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
And a faster teleport and I think I recall a low starter but I might be wrong :D
All we are missing is a full screen Xray that's unblockable....we earned it by putting up with years of no armor, no lows or overhead combos and a shit levitate move.
Yeah true, oh his Xray is unblockable? Oh I hope that's true man lol. But yes, true indeed! Ermac will be higher this time around no doubt about it! That low starter combo you speak of is pretty fast too which is awesome!

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
I don't mind the change in appearance....gives him some individuality.

But that being said the design could have been perfected slightly more. His face seems a little funny to me and all too revealing....kinda destroys some of that mysteriousness.

I like his variations though. His fatalities were awesome (think we peeped 2). Overall a pretty damn good reveal.

Funny?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I do agree with you. It does kill some of the mystery. I really hope he has a masked alternate costume

@MKF30
His XRay is blockable, I was joking :p
lol oh for a second thought you were serious haha because I rewatched his streams and noticed are these guys blocking or just missing? or is it unblockable lol.

hi. do you think its worth it to learn/work on ermac combos/setups in mk9 for the week before the game comes out (have a copy of mk9, just never really got into it hardcore) or does it not matter? how different is he?

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
hi. do you think its worth it to learn/work on ermac combos/setups in mk9 for the week before the game comes out (have a copy of mk9, just never really got into it hardcore) or does it not matter? how different is he?
Pretty different, it'll help you get used to the MK engine but that's about it really..

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Some characters have their buttons changed since MK9. Iconic moves like Scorpion's spear has different inputs. With the variation system and all the screenshots we've analyzed of the move lists and what not, it seems more feasible to actually go into MKX fresh than to possibly confuse yourself by playing MK9 in the hopes of carrying certain setups over. With run combos, moves being taken away in certain variations etc. it seems muscle memory isn't necessarily going to be as prevalent. Not to mention certain move motions seems to have been done away with completely.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
fair enough. who you playing in this game ricky? theres no killer frost :DOGE
Frost (MK Frost)might actually be in the game as a hidden character due to her model showing up in the mobile game. Not to mention Sub Zero is here and he's got a slide. In any case, I can use my influence to convince Ed Boon to add her in the game as a guest character.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
im just going to leave this here.
And I'm just going to leave this here:

And I like dis! Very nice combos, the first looks like a good BnB if you change the Xray to a special move (~40-42% maybe)
and the second also without a Enhanced force lift could give maybe like 40%
I CANT wait to see what combos come out.
I wish we can combo off his uppercut in MKX also:DOGE

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
Ermac bio from MKX Minor spoilers

After the defeat of his creator, Shao Kahn, Ermac was commanded by the rightful heir to the throne, Mileena. A portion of the deceased Emperor's soul, which had entered the warriors’ body moments after his defeat by Raiden, fused with Ermac and made their telekinetic power increase significantly. A battle for dominance began inside the warrior--a battle that began corrupting all of the souls within’ causing Ermac’s body to slowly decay. The corruption led Ermac to begin acting irrationally, leaving him to side with Kotal Kahn and assist the Osh-Tekk in ousting Mileena as Empress of Outworld.

So like basically Ermac has this whole plot point of Shao Khan living inside him, and taking the conceptual aspect of his ladder ending canon. So I'm pretty sure they're setting up for some type of Khan's souls vs Edenians souls
Major spoilers below
Of course it gets ignored in MKX story completely so...MK11? Ug, the jobbing, it hurts

Last edited:

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Ermac normals:

Input= start-up/Block Advantage/Hit Advantage
s1 = 10, 0, 8
b1 = 10, -9, 7
d1 = 5, -9, 10
s2 = 31, 0, -4 (soul charge)
f2 = 12, 0, 5
d2 = 7, -14, 25
s3 = 12, 0, 17