What's new

General/Other - Ermac Ermac MKX...What do you want to see?

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I just want to see him in the game.
They have a huge roster, he's one of the developer's favorite story as to how he came about (the whole error macro thing) and many ppl love the character. I'm more worried for some of the more unpopular characters

Glass Sword

Nobody
I want to see three VERY different styles they should all have a few staple telekinetic attacks, but this guy is many not one guy lets see some variety. I want to see an Axe style with an Axe throw maybe a meter burn version where he teleports to the axe or something. There defiantly be a telekinetic focused style and the third style I dunno go crazy.

Reactions: gdf
He'll probably be in given what we've seen. Stuff he should have across all variations-

Lift
Teleport

To me these two moves are what make ermac, and allow for all of his insanity. MK9 had a ton of great ideas for him, and I hope to see telekentic normals back across all forms. It wouldn't hurt for him to have one or two decent low options as well, that maybe don't transition well across all forms, but give him options for a more aggressive variant.

As for variants-

Zoner- MK9 style. Give him the push and the fireball. Really all he needs to complete the kit. Basic keepaway "murder you from across the screen" guy.

Deception ermac- Not that it ever worked in 9, but he did have the slam/air fireball/teleport mixup from his levitate stance. Giving him his levitate move and making it NOT suck would give him an interesting playstyle based more around stance shenanigans.

Aggressive- I'm not sure how they'd do this, or if they even would(you don't want one character who can do everything), but i'd love to see a more combo oriented ermac like his UMK3 variant. I think the easiest way would be something like scorps sword style(which seems to give him better normal strings), that gives him a legit low string, and a launcher for his old school combos.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Across all three variations I want:
-Better mystic float.
As in you can put in a command during your jump to hover in place. This would work like a stance in which he could do a different attack for each of the four attack buttons and then down plus a button to do the hover bomb(ground pound attack). You should also be able to fly forward or backward one time as well.

-Improved hover bomb. It was damn near useless in MK9, despite being unblockable, and needs some serious reworking. Preferably it should be able to be done at any time in the air like the air force blast and air tele. There should be a height requirement so people cant do it too close to the ground, since it's an unblockable attack. This let the player actually be able to set up and land the attack as well as combo with it instead of it just being a giant obvious and incredibly easy to dodge waste of a move.

-Force push.

My suggested variation:
-Offensive:
Ermac wields a large stylized battle axe that he uses to boost combos and controls with his TK for special moves.
It will look cool as hell to have Ermac going from slashing and chopping with the axe manually to having it fly out of his hands and continue combos in the air due to his TK.
One special moves would have him throwing the axe as a projectile then bringing it back with his TK to have it work with a boomer-rang like effect, similar to Wonder Woman's shield toss in Injustice.

Basically it would be similar to Kenshi, but with a big ass axe.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
He'll probably be in given what we've seen. Stuff he should have across all variations-
Deception ermac- Not that it ever worked in 9, but he did have the slam/air fireball/teleport mixup from his levitate stance. Giving him his levitate move and making it NOT suck would give him an interesting playstyle based more around stance shenanigans

It wouldn't hurt for him to have one or two decent low options as well, that maybe don't transition well across all forms, but give him options for a more aggressive variant.
Shenanigans is the key word here lol I love doing Ermac shenanigans with his Levitate (the only thing it was really used for) If they find a way for it not to suck, i wouldnt mind seeing it.
And I agree with the second statement....a nice overhead would be good lol No need to be able to combo off of it but at least one that isn't so freakin slow

[SIZE=4 said:
Pterodactyl[/SIZE]]
-Offensive:
Ermac wields a large stylized battle axe that he uses to boost combos and controls with his TK for special moves.
It will look cool as hell to have Ermac going from slashing and chopping with the axe manually to having it fly out of his hands and continue combos in the air due to his TK.
One special moves would have him throwing the axe as a projectile then bringing it back with his TK to have it work with a boomer-rang like effect, similar to Wonder Woman's shield toss in Injustice.
I FORGOT ABOUT HIS AXE!!!! That's actually an awesome idea!

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Ermac's X-Ray should just have him picking up his opponent with TK, then slamming them from one side to the other, with the camera zooming in and X-Raying every time they hit the floor.

Would be soooooooo sick!

Like this but from one side to the other repeatedly, and without an explosion at the end:

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
Yes! He needs to be in here!

3 variations:

1. Axe-Warrior. Ability to add weapon based attack, like the axe from what others have stated, and damage boost ability on certain weapon based combos.
2. Soul Reaper. Ability to "zone" and throw projectiles; ex version can be similar to Harley's "Play Doctor MB" that causes damage loss over time.
3. "Classic." All regular specials but adds armor and does more damage. Also, glowing eyes and hands.

If Ermac is in this game, he will be my day one main!

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I never liked the new lift, the old umk3 telekinetic slam was godlike, i know it granted relaunchers, but this could easely be fixed with the juggle system NRS introduced in mk9, NRS learns real quick, and they get a lot of input from the community, from the discussion stand point i got with juggs and others members and see the changes in the game based on positives input is what gratifies me the most, non tracking teleports are making me jizz, hoping ermac gets one too (if he gets in the game)

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
I would like a zoning or footsies (or both) variation of Ermac. Wouldn't mind armor.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
non tracking teleports are making me jizz, hoping ermac gets one too (if he gets in the game)
Non-tracking teleports would make him significantly more difficult to use when it comes to some combos. Although I feel like Scorpion's tele did track so I'm guessing all teles will probably track.

And why are ppl saying things like "I hope he's in the game" He's a pretty freaking popular character, he has a fun back story, he's also probably one of the more balanced characters...and he's awesomeness is uncanny.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Non-tracking teleports would make him significantly more difficult to use when it comes to some combos. Although I feel like Scorpion's tele did track so I'm guessing all teles will probably track.

And why are ppl saying things like "I hope he's in the game" He's a pretty freaking popular character, he has a fun back story, he's also probably one of the more balanced characters...and he's awesomeness is uncanny.
Scorpion tele doesn't track

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
Moves I would like to see return.
Force Push
Force Lift
Teleport (Tracking or not.)
Projectile.

I want those moves to be universal among his three variations. After that, I am game for anything.

Error

DF2+R2
It didn't in MKX? hmmm interesting then, Ermac will probably be non-tracking also
It wouldnt make sense to give some guys tracking and others no
Sure it would make sense, Scorpion and Ermac are two different characters.

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
He was already, in my opinion, the most balanced zoner in MK9. His needs and wants are slightly different.

Needs
  • An armored special
  • A King Jerrod skin/costume
Wants
  • A use for EX teleport
  • A faster overhead
  • An anti-wakeup option
Other than that, I wouldn't mind keeping him the same.

Last edited:

Error

DF2+R2
I never liked the new lift, the old umk3 telekinetic slam was godlike, i know it granted relaunchers, but this could easely be fixed with the juggle system NRS introduced in mk9, NRS learns real quick, and they get a lot of input from the community, from the discussion stand point i got with juggs and others members and see the changes in the game based on positives input is what gratifies me the most, non tracking teleports are making me jizz, hoping ermac gets one too (if he gets in the game)
Do you mean just the animation or are the hit properties different?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ermac's hover butt slam was rarely good but however, the hover is VERY good and has won me many close online matches fucking with people's heads...you can cancel it, tech it, do teleports, air blasts etc. Which were VERY useful.

I want him to have 3 styles, a zoning style(as he usually has) a more aggressive style(similar to UMK3) and a turtling style/defensive counter style.

Here's moves I'd like for him.

From my "What newer moves do you want thread"

But modified, NOTE: color coded highlighted moves refers to style and exclusive move to THAT style.
If it's white, it's universal move to every style or multiple ones.

Ermac:

Enigma (Aggressive style):

-Green hado fireball-Works same way as MK 9 and UMK3 fireball.
Green Hado Fireball:EX version is unduckable like MK9's, does more damage if hit and Ermac recovers faster from this version as well regardless of where he is on the screen.

-Telekinetic Lift-Same as MK 9 and UMK3, MK D etc juggle off of it.

TK Lift-Like MK 9, ex version smashes you twice against the ground then juggle for combos. This move has Armor.

-Teleportation reforming attack-Like MK 9 storymode where he forms from nowhere, bunch of souls. He would do the animation where you first see him in MK 9's storymode charging with his arms crossed he goes into that animation, teleports on the other side of you hitting you for a juggle combo if you don't block it.
EX version of this move second hit holds you down on second hit via a soul holding onto your legs for Ermac to free hit you.

-Edenian spirit blast-This move is similar to Ermac's air blast as far as animation but on the ground and has to be done up close(could be mixed in a chain) where it'll launch you, more or less a launcher special move. Of course would have limits if you've already done a juggle via another move like TK lift, etc It would look similar to one of his chains in MK 9 where he blasts you with a TK mind blow but instead bigger green blast and launchers you.
No EX for this move.

Chains should have a launcher some where. Like Smoke's in MK 9. Not as long as perhaps zoning style, but perhaps have a few launchers.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We are Many(Zoning style):

Green Hado Fireball:EX version is unduckable like MK9's, does more damage if hit and Ermac recovers faster from this version as well regardless of where he is on the screen.

-Telekinetic Push- Like his MK 9 version, he pushes you away from close to mid screen. EX version hits you twice/knockdown.

-Hado Floating souls-Not a normal fireball but kind of the same effect as Reptile's forceball, moves slow and if hit juggles you in the air for Ermac to combo also can be used as a "zoning move" tool, say Ermac does it and then he can run/dash or dash back for ground advantage. Can be blocked but just hurts you, punches and kicks you.
EX version Hado Floating souls he shoots it down through the ground and they can hold you in place similar to say Scorp's demon grab or Shinnok's skeleton hand move...this can be blocked also, HOWEVER if it hits stuns you for free combos/hits.

-New Move- Telekinetic Move Throw(like MK D's throw but updated) This time around unlike the TK push from MK9, more of a TK throw behind Ermac similar to MK D's. Nothing there, just like MK D and MK 9 just throws you around like a puppet. This move would replace his TK push/force choke move.

EX version--TK Throw, this version simply he smashes you twice for two hits against the wall behind him and then in front of him. If there's trees or interactables around though he can smash you up against them instead etc. This move has Armor!

-Levitate-Point of this move will be little different, instead of before this time you can't do an air blast or butt stomp, HOWEVER. You can still cancel it by hitting down, down or teleport. If you choose to stay in the air, you'll see souls around him recharge his health slowly. Risky but rewarding ;)
Levitate-EX Levitate similar to MK9 where it's faster if you do it, that's all really.

-Air Blast-Like the way it worked in MK 9, safe on block.
EX version-Air Blast: The EX version of this move will be updated, unlike before where it's blast radius was merely expanded a little. If you do this version of the move, Ermac shoots an air diagonal fireball a la Akuma style.

-Teleport-Same as MK 9 and UMK3, but perhaps few less frames make it faster.(NOTE:Can be done in air too)
Teleport/Air teleport-EX version this time unlike before few changes, ONE. This time it'll be safe on block, second two hits. If it hits Ermac is safe on block. It'll work like this he hits you with a kick or punch and then uses a TK push(MK 9 style) pushes you away on the second hit. If blocked, you get pushed back thus making him safe from counter attack. Essentially would work the same way as Scorpion's MK9 teleport does, instead of MK9's pointless EX tp which only hit you twice if unblocked, otherwise he was punishable.
Combos should have enders knocking you back across the screen a lot, and perhaps allowing set ups for these movies in this style.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ermac's Warriors(Defensive Style):

-Telekinetic Lift-Same as MK 9 and UMK3, MK D etc juggle off of it.
TK Lift-Like MK 9, ex version smashes you twice against the ground then juggle for combos. This move has Armor. Please for Pete's sake, GIVE him an ARMORED MOVE! lol

-Teleport-Same as MK 9 and UMK3, but perhaps few less frames make it faster.(NOTE:Can be done in air too)
Teleport/Air teleport-EX version this time unlike before few changes, ONE. This time it'll be safe on block, second two hits. If it hits Ermac is safe on block. It'll work like this he hits you with a kick or punch and then uses a TK push(MK 9 style) pushes you away on the second hit. If blocked, you get pushed back thus making him safe from counter attack. Essentially would work the same way as Scorpion's MK9 teleport does, instead of MK9's pointless EX tp which only hit you twice if unblocked, otherwise he was punishable.

- New Move-Telekinetic Butt Stomp Evade Attack. This would replace the MK 9 and MK D one where you have to levitate, then choose what you want to do. Instead it'll work like a combination of Ermac's butt slam combined with Dairou's tombstone but look kind of like Liu Kang's flip kicky move from MK 9 when he lands on his back, instead Ermac will just flip back and thus get away from you while doing an unblockable ground smash.

-EX version- It's just faster that's all.

-Evading Teleport evade: Remember Scorpion's MKT forward TP punch? Well, like that (will evade you close getting out of trouble, not behind you) Ermac will teleport away ninja tp style (not smokey smoke style)
EX version of this move hits twice first evading but going through the other side and second hit attacking, Safe on block but if hits you, will knock you back/knock down.

-New Move- Anti Air Telekinetic Shield, pretty much an AA move if you try to jump at him and he does it you get bounced back away from him. Think of it like Kung Lao's old spin from MK2 or Raiden's vicinity blast but larger hit box area so even if you're next to him you can still get hit. TK shield-
No EX for this move.

Combos should involve Axe weapon.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
It lowers his hitbox so that's one + for MK9 lift
What is the point if that only happens when he is lifting someone on hit?

I doentemente the startup, i mean the whole " i rise you, then i will slam you in the ground" animation, he doesn't need to slam