What's new

General/Other - Ermac Ermac MKX...What do you want to see?

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Out of curiosity, what do Ermac mains want to see with this character? What kind of styles should he have? What kind of moves and buffs/nerfs would you like to see?

- I'd like to see him with some armor on some of his specials
- Maybe have a rushdown-centric Style and a zoning-centric style?
- And of course, more importantly than all, a 2 frame recovery on his TKP & 95% resets with an unblockable XRay :DOGE

gdf

Noob
I like the telekinetic portions on his normals in MK9, whoever thought of that in NRS deserves a drink, because that was very badass.

His variations should most likely be weapons, ninja, and telekinesis.

The telekinesis variation would probably be most like MK9 Ermac, I haven't seen enough of the game to know if combo starters have armor in MKX, or just enhanced knockdown specials have armor for his telekinesis, so we'll have to wait and see for that. Not expressly his zoning moves, I think NRS has the foresight to not give armor to zoning moves.

It'd be cool to see him use telekinetic weapons, I could see them taking influences from Ares, Green Lantern, and Sinestro in that department which would also look very cool.

To be honest, I haven't really seen Ermac be like a ninja, so I just assume ninja focused form has better frames on his normals.

Basically, I half-expect/half-hope that being a character loyalist also means you can choose your favorite characters in terms of lore and looks, without being pigeon-holed into a particular playstyle.

Last edited:

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Yeah his specials need armor, I like the TKP I didnt mind it at all, just that when he does his teleport his EX teleport should have a similar punch to Scorpions tele, or at least an automatic command grab so it wont get punished as much.

Error

DF2+R2
Ermac was almost perfect in MK9, I'm not going to mention normals since I doubt they'd be the same in MKX, but I'd like most of his specials to return save for his levitate. Maybe just give him an unblockable stomp as it's own stand alone special.

One of his variations could even have Raven's pillars.

gdf

Noob
I'd actually want him to be more like Raven from Injustice. He could have fantastic safe normals and great zoning, but lacking reliable mixups.

I might just be saying that because I'm a Raven main lol.
I'll be completely honest, I wouldn't mind giving Soul Crush to Ermac. Actually a couple of moves I'd like to see, without having to change forms mid-fight though.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
What if Ermac absorbs the souls of the majority of the dead characters from Mk9?

Thatd be a pretty good tie in for him in MkX.

Espio

Kokomo
People shouldn't be asking for armored zoning moves lol.

My hope for Ermac is that he's a very footsie based zoner in MKX if he returns, I really enjoyed his MK9 design. I'd like to see a classic style for him more akin to the old games plus one more akin to his more recent style.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Oh I completely forgot about his Lift...yea I say replace that shit. It can be used in MK9 for some full screen mind games but really not worth keeping.
I'm curious, what is this Raven's pillar?

Error

DF2+R2
Oh I completely forgot about his Lift...yea I say replace that shit. It can be used in MK9 for some full screen mind games but really not worth keeping.
I'm curious, what is this Raven's pillar?
I'm assuming that by lift you mean levitate lol, because his telekinetic lift is his most iconic move.
Raven's pillars are like Quan Chi's EX Rune in terms of hitbox but they are blockable and safe on block. The EX version allows her to grab you with her versions of TKL or TKP. Basically they're a great space control tool and can be made to either hit close, mid, far or fullscreen.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
As long as they keep lift. The original TK Slam nyagguhs.

As far as anything else, well I've had my ideas. You can do a lot of shit with telekinesis so my only hope is that if he is they get creative with it.

His normals, aside from forward+hp, I didn't care for too much so if they change it which I expect so be it.

I don't lean toward any particular archetype right now, aside from not wanting him to be 100% keep away. But if he is I'll live with it.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I'm assuming that by lift you mean levitate lol, because his telekinetic lift is his most iconic move.
Raven's pillars are like Quan Chi's EX Rune in terms of hitbox but they are blockable and safe on block. The EX version allows her to grab you with her versions of TKL or TKP. Basically they're a great space control tool and can be made to either hit close, mid, far or fullscreen.
lol yes Levitate sorry about that

Is there a video somewhere for her pillars because i was trying to get a visual example but I couldnt find any. From your description they can be a great tool for ermac for sure

n9195v

Noob
I hope they do something cool with him. Like maybe one of his variants could have him with less souls so he'd be missing a limb or two? Maybe that would be cool. I really don't want to see his axe and if it does show up I hope they tone it down a bit. I was a huge fan of his eel projectile I hope that comes back. I hope he's a heavy hitting zoner like he was in mk9.