What's new

Match-up Discussion Ermac Matchup Discussion Thread

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Heyo. I fought a set with a f’ing serious Sonya for the first time ever, and got completely blown up. Whenever she got in I felt completely helpless.

What’s the best thing to do against her? Just keep blocking low and wait for a cartwheel? It’s -3 on block, so I guess you can D+1 to try and break momentum after that, or would that be a good time to jump out? I was trained to be scared to poke back after I blocked her because she’d just EX cartwheel through anything I did and juggle me. Is cartwheel being -3 enough time to safely make an attempt to jump away, or would another cartwheel knock you out of the air?

The more I played, the more I understood the match – only got about 7 games in, my first ever against a real Sonya – but I’d love some advice from anyone about it.

lazybird123

Purple Belt in BJJ, White Belt in MK
Heyo. I fought a set with a f’ing serious Sonya for the first time ever, and got completely blown up. Whenever she got in I felt completely helpless.

What’s the best thing to do against her? Just keep blocking low and wait for a cartwheel? It’s -3 on block, so I guess you can D+1 to try and break momentum after that, or would that be a good time to jump out? I was trained to be scared to poke back after I blocked her because she’d just EX cartwheel through anything I did and juggle me. Is cartwheel being -3 enough time to safely make an attempt to jump away, or would another cartwheel knock you out of the air?

The more I played, the more I understood the match – only got about 7 games in, my first ever against a real Sonya – but I’d love some advice from anyone about it.
You can jump out of another Kartwheel and even punish it if you time it right. You can safely block low if she MS Cancels at a distance from you, but if she has you in the corner she'll be able to get you with her overhead Throw.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Mileena imo is 6-4 against Ermac or 5.5-4.5 against Ermac, at least online...her ex teleports are safe as hell, and her pokes are fast, annoying and dodge his jump ins and JK's half the time. It's so annoying, the only thing in his favor is a roll or normal teleport when blocked she'll eat punishment, otherwise she's bs. I'm still a little shocked they didn't fix her hit box properties on D4, so stupid to me...

Sonya can be tough, but just keep her away. Blocked dart kick=easy punishment for Ermac IF there's no lag helping her out, otherwise just out zone her, keep her far and there's not much she can do.

Few others here I disagree with, but will save that for another time.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Mileena imo is 6-4 against Ermac or 5.5-4.5 against Ermac, at least online...her ex teleports are safe as hell, and her pokes are fast, annoying and dodge his jump ins and JK's half the time. It's so annoying, the only thing in his favor is a roll or normal teleport when blocked she'll eat punishment, otherwise she's bs. I'm still a little shocked they didn't fix her hit box properties on D4, so stupid to me...

Sonya can be tough, but just keep her away. Blocked dart kick=easy punishment for Ermac IF there's no lag helping her out, otherwise just out zone her, keep her far and there's not much she can do.

agree whole heartedly. Although I've had no problem doing d1~lift on exTeleport kick.

MKF30

Oh yeah, well neither do I normally lol only with laggy conditions ;) Offline forget about it, I DARE any Mileena to do that offline lol.

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one

I have no problem punishing mileena's teleport online.I just D1 lift.I usually get the punish everytime so I think the MU is 5.5.Also if mileena is spaming D4 punish with u4.Also poke her ass back ermacs D3 is godlike

MKF30

If the connection is good, neither do I but with lag or delay it's an issue...similar to punishing Rep's dash, it's totally different offline compared to online. U4 is too slow imo, they need to speed it up seriously lol I do use D3 and D4 often, buffered into TKP it's great for getting people off of you. Sonya's D4 is also annoying but imo not as much as Mileena

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
If the connection is good, neither do I but with lag or delay it's an issue...similar to punishing Rep's dash, it's totally different offline compared to online. U4 is too slow imo, they need to speed it up seriously lol I do use D3 and D4 often, buffered into TKP it's great for getting people off of you. Sonya's D4 is also annoying but imo not as much as Mileena
Yea i probably was exaggerating when I said Id get it every time.You'd be suprised how many people will fall for that overhead.Besides it may be slow but when U4 starts up mileena's D4 whiffs so basicially it goes right over it and connects and its safe so why not use it?

MKF30

Oh yeah, I like using it once in a while and it's safe, I just hate the speed of it. Like it's slow motion or something lol, wish it was faster. That is one thing they need to do if they patch/update the game more imo, I'm sure Ermac users won't mind lol. That's good that it has priority over her D4 though once it's past the start up frames. I'll have to try that out more, I've done it before but rarely just kind of forgotten about it.

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
Ermac is 6-4 against Kitana imo. Just spam fireballs all day and when she tries to get in you can push her away. Ermac always has meter from the special move spamming for breaker and 50% combo off of one bar. Maybe I'm biased because I only play the match online, but I never win as Kitana. I have more success with Sonya and KL.

QjonPL

Low Tier Fanatic
Ermac looses trades with fans (Kitana gains more advantage on hit, less disadvantage on block), so it's not a reliable tactic. ;)

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
Ermac is 6-4 against Kitana imo. Just spam fireballs all day and when she tries to get in you can push her away. Ermac always has meter from the special move spamming for breaker and 50% combo off of one bar. Maybe I'm biased because I only play the match online, but I never win as Kitana. I have more success with Sonya and KL.
her fans give more advantage than his fireballs

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
Unless you throw iaf as well as 16 and mr mileena you will make a mistake. Also, kit can't zone inside of the massive tkp range, and Iaf is harder at full screen

QjonPL

Low Tier Fanatic
She can throw standing Fans and she'll win fireball war. At TKP distance obviously noone would throw a fireball...

lazybird123

Purple Belt in BJJ, White Belt in MK
Its not that hard to dash, duck, and throw a Force Push while she's iaFing. It makes it hard for her to attack you with her F2 while you're coming in

Creepy00

Noob
Just wondering but how much of ermac s gameplay i m missing if i dont use his b12 setups or his corners combos?

zaf

professor
well his corner game is good, you can keep someone locked down if you have them respected tkp, they really cant do much to get out. especially at max tkp range. armor helps people get out though.

as for his corner combos, you still have 40%+ mid screen combos, corner are what 50s? maybe a 64% one? i think if you are playing the match the right, any 40%+ combo is devastating.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Sup Guys I would like to provide some insight on Kenshi vs Ermac MU

First of all I think off the bat Kenshi is 6-4 over Ermac for A lot of reasons.

Ermac has to take risks to get in w dash blocking high/low (avoiding threat of f3)

The Hover Move into teleport (D U ) is risky as well because if kenshi guesses right on a blocked teleport it's more than likely 35% and into corner where Kenshi wants you

Slow projectile (but fast recovery for ermac) gets easy reflect

Slower normals and the B2 mix game doesnt really work well when kenshi can stop the b2 or its mixups w a 6 frame d1 or 7 frame d3 (all characters have 7 frame d3 FYI)

Armor beats out tele push and tele lift and flash move (db 2?)

Ermac is best when he is directly on Kenshi, He cannot out zone him - it just wont work people. The start up frames of teleport are too slow to react on a tele flurry or overhead

Ermac has to be patient and completely out read Kenshi when he is in.

Most think AA and cross up AA is Kenshi's weakness. These players are bad kenshis because kenshi has one of the best defenses in the whole game from his specials to d3 hitbox to d1 6 frame jab to rising karma (RK)

Again ermac's best bet is to get in and stay in and shoot projectiles half screen outside shoulder.

Good luck

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Sup Guys I would like to provide some insight on Kenshi vs Ermac MU

First of all I think off the bat Kenshi is 6-4 over Ermac for A lot of reasons.

Ermac has to take risks to get in w dash blocking high/low (avoiding threat of f3)

The Hover Move into teleport (D U ) is risky as well because if kenshi guesses right on a blocked teleport it's more than likely 35% and into corner where Kenshi wants you

Slow projectile (but fast recovery for ermac) gets easy reflect

Slower normals and the B2 mix game doesnt really work well when kenshi can stop the b2 or its mixups w a 6 frame d1 or 7 frame d3 (all characters have 7 frame d3 FYI)

Armor beats out tele push and tele lift and flash move (db 2?)

Ermac is best when he is directly on Kenshi, He cannot out zone him - it just wont work people. The start up frames of teleport are too slow to react on a tele flurry or overhead

Ermac has to be patient and completely out read Kenshi when he is in.

Most think AA and cross up AA is Kenshi's weakness. These players are bad kenshis because kenshi has one of the best defenses in the whole game from his specials to d3 hitbox to d1 6 frame jab to rising karma (RK)

Again ermac's best bet is to get in and stay in and shoot projectiles half screen outside shoulder.

Good luck
Thnx Pig.

zaf

professor
Pig Of The Hut

would you mind telling us, what ermac does that makes you the most frustrated in this match up?
I know ermac has to get in close on kenshi, and that is always more in your favour, but if there is one or maybe two things he can do to you, that really bugs you, what is it?

even when ermac gets in close, how long can i stay there? your armor gets me out.
i need to out read everything you do, everything.
block every armor move, block every tkp
aa every single thing.
its like i have to play a 100% perfect game to get in and stay in.
even when im trying to get in i have to watch out for b2 and f32.

Pig Of The Hut

Pig Of The Hut

would you mind telling us, what ermac does that makes you the most frustrated in this match up?
I know ermac has to get in close on kenshi, and that is always more in your favour, but if there is one or maybe two things he can do to you, that really bugs you, what is it?

even when ermac gets in close, how long can i stay there? your armor gets me out.
i need to out read everything you do, everything.
block every armor move, block every tkp
aa every single thing.
its like i have to play a 100% perfect game to get in and stay in.
even when im trying to get in i have to watch out for b2 and f32.
Hmm well try to be more aggressive in your dash blocking and ducking while dash blocking (see my matches vs mr mileena kitana and watch how he moves w her) also the best way to get in is guess correctly on a one of your teleports because that a free in and then never give me anything or any holes to armor out.

it is very tough for ermac IMO

Pig Of The Hut

I played against Jimmy Von viti in a tourney in Grand finals at a local and he used ermac (his main w kang) in first match

This was the first time i brought him out publicly post NEC