What's new

Match-up Discussion Ermac Matchup Discussion Thread

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Agreed ^ lol KL gives everyone a really hard time except maybe Raiden, Reptile....Ermac can give KL a rough time but that match up is still very much in Kl's favor unfortunately for Ermac.

Of late I've done a lot better then I used to against KL's, but if Ermac can't get it done I go to Lord Raiden :)

Ermac vs Mileena is 6-4 for ermac IMO
-Mileena teleport punishable with a full combo on block
-Ermac can force push her out of a roll.

Ermac vs Smoke is correct at 5-5.

MKF30

I'd say more 5-5 or 6-4 Mileena with that match up, Mileena is a pain for a lot of people, Ermac is one of the few who can nullify the bitch though...

Mileena's teleport is very punishable, her enhanced however not so much...you can punish it but it's not easy.

The Force push out of roll does work, but you have to guess right...he can't jump in on her with her D4 making her elude attacks while attacking...

Ermac beats Smoke 6-4 at least, a blocked teleport and he eats damage plus you can punish Smoke with a TK push after smoke bomb block or out of his smokey dodge move.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Ermac's wakeups are nullified by crossup pressure and if you do wakeup lift or push while she is within jump distance, you lose anywhere between 35-50%. I wouldn't say Ermac's wakeups own at all against a smart player.
It depends.You can wake up cross ups when the opponent is still in the air.Done it many times and the opponent kept raging about how OP that is.If he jumps and you wake up on reaction,which at least by me isnt that hard cause i m used to it,the opponent is screwed.

MKF30

Also, if you time it right and hit the commands for his TKP or TKS in the opposite directly you can wake up nail them out of the air while they're attempting crossover kicks on you. I've done it several times.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I don't see how the matchup is 6-4 in Ermac's favor against Kitana. She seems to take away his range game, her d+1 is so annoying and covers the recovery of her strings and her step foward launch-string (I'm sorry, dunno the notation) punishes TKP if she blocks it. Its fine if the Kitana player rushes you down, but if they stay defensive and on the range game it seems very difficult. But again, maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Someone mind explaining it to me?

QjonPL

Low Tier Fanatic
Crouch without block under fans, use iaTP on reaction to punish them ; D Also there's a sweet spot where you can nail her with TKP being out of her f2,1 range (mentioned tkp punisher).

MKF30

Kitana has the edge over Ermac but IMO I think Mileena gives Ermac more of a rough time then Kitana does...Unless the Kitana is REALLY solid and turtles well. But honestly, while it may favor Kitana more then Ermac I think a solid Ermac vs. solid Kitana can go either way honestly.

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
Ok after watching Devastation I've been wondering how would ermac fair in the kabal MU.I really dont know since I have yet to play a high level kabal.Just some scrubby online kabals thats about it ,but i havent played a good one yet offline.I think its possible that well timed teleports stuff IAGB and if your in range for TKpush.Now if Kabal gets inside it can get ugly with the pressure and mix ups kabal can dish out.If anyone has experience with this MU plzz share your knowledge

Creepy00

Noob
Now that you ask, i wonder that too. He does fairly against JC pressure, but Kabal ... :/
Dont see a way for Ermac to get out of his pressure

MLP715

Noob
Ok after watching Devastation I've been wondering how would ermac fair in the kabal MU.I really dont know since I have yet to play a high level kabal.Just some scrubby online kabals thats about it ,but i havent played a good one yet offline.I think its possible that well timed teleports stuff IAGB and if your in range for TKpush.Now if Kabal gets inside it can get ugly with the pressure and mix ups kabal can dish out.If anyone has experience with this MU plzz share your knowledge
ok when i read this it made me laugh and started to piss me off at the same time (the memories!!!). im (un)fortunate enough to play on a fairly regular basis with 1 of the best if not the best KABAL players in the US the dreaded...............WARDA LOL when we play it starts off kind of in a 50/50 in favor of neither but the second i make a mistake or get over confident erik goes into beast mode which is 5-10seconds into the match

Kabals rushdown pressure vs ermac is totally in kabals favor there's no way to escape it if he block strings your screwed heres why you can hear and predict when the dash cancel is coming in the string so thats pretty much your only chance to do anything now you can try and poke your way out d1 d3 d4 but thats really about it the second he backs of and you try to set up anything the ground saw is coming and when you crouch guard it then comes the dash cancel into the command grab then the block string starts again so the pressure then gets frustrating (for me atleast) now you can

1 eat the damage and breaker to give yourself some room but the block string starts all over again in this situation the match is
ERMAC 0 KABAL whoever many games you played now theres a 2nd type of kabal that erik plays which is much easier to deal with but still a pain

the zoning/minimal rushdown kabal

the way ive been able to deal with this and have very minimal sucsess is that when he starts zoning (usually when he needs to build meter) is to get in ermacs sweet zone (the edge of tkp or tkl) and anticipate the breaks in between ground saws and iafb or ground fireballs and lift then combo for as much damage as possible (your combo of choice) and either wait til he zones for more meter or try my own pressure to make him breaker but when you start attacking be careful theres en ex nomad dash coming and once you use your breaker and you will your screwed

so overall my games with him are as follows
erik 8-me 2 against his zoning kabal and
erik 10-me 0 against his rushdown

keep in mind this is my experience against a HIGH level kabal (WARDA's) against other decent meaning my level or slightly better kabals im 6-4 in their favor

MLP715

Noob
now that i think about it ERMAC has alot of bad matchups that dont favor him at all tell me what you think ,against

sektor 6-4
cyrax 6-4 maybe 7-3
kitana 6-4
raiden 6-4
sonya 6-4
kabal 7-3
this has been my overall experience since release this includes the nerfs an buffs taken into account it changes dont get me wrong but these characters always seem to level up faster than ermac. ermac is still played at the early stages of his development in that the way he was played at games release he is still played pretty much the same way overall

zaf

professor
Mileena 5:5
-Her pokes are fast and can stuff tkp/tks if you try to do them to catch the pokes. In general I would suggest blocking low, it's not hard to fuzzy block the overhead and anything else she is going to do is going to be a low or can be blocked low. Be weary of grabs always, just like any other match up. If you get the read in and she does something, TKS will grab her. If it doesn't, it's only because this game is inconsistent lol.
To punish ex-teleport stand block the first hit, crouch block the second hit since the first does not jail you. After the first hit she can do nothing and land or do a sai. If she does nothing D1 right away from your crouch position and link a tks after that. This will hit her in the air before she lands and grab her. If she does sai afterwards, you can d1 after the sai and do the same punishment. I think it is after the said, not during im not sure i just punish it. I will test this again and give direct information. You can also do a d3 to punish her as well but there is no combo, just a poke and a follow up. The d3 poke goes directly under the sai after ex-teleport so you can start doing this at anypoint.Since mileena is so small, 3,1 frame traps do not work on her well. She can poke you as soon as she blocks the first 3. Not to say she is the only character that can do this, other characters, if not all of them can punish this string but for mileena this is way easier.

What I have also started to do against mileena is; when I read d4 pokes, or just want to be aggressive I just jump in on mileena and use a very deep ( almost at the last possible moment deep) jump kick.
-It will hit her crouching if she is crouch blocking
-This will hit her if she is doing a d4/d3
-If she blocks this you can try for a grab or a poke afterwards

Against Kitana. I play this like any other rushdown character ( IE cage )
I zone the shit out of her and I do not care about trading projectiles.
Try to get into tkp range and grab her before she can get a projectile out after i block one.
You can teleport her projectile on reaction, and just duck under them as well to avoid them.
I do not have as much information on playing her as i do against mileena, but I like I said I play a hard keep away game and punish her accordingly. I've yet to have a kitana problem.

Against sonya, shes another character I just zone hard against.
She has her ways in, just like cage, but just play a hard keep away game and don't play upclose with her.
If you find yourself playing too much footsies, get out and zone her. Against chars like zonya and cage you zone and keep away and bait a mistake, punish them hard and camp on that life lead.

Sektor and cyrax i'll write up some info later. Same for the thunder god. Which is kinda straight forward really.

But against kabal, I can deal with his zonig, as ermacs is better IMO. You can duck under iagb and tkp punish. Trade fireballs as there is no shame in that, Ill take some fireball damage as long as he is too. Just block the saw who cares. Up close kabal is hard yes, but he does no damage. I let him do his block strings and I will try to interrupt after the dash cancel if I read him right with a d1 or d3. You can even tks if you know what he's doing. Ermacs d1 is 5 frames. This saves his ass so often. Even if kabals saw or command grab hit, its not much damage. Yes it all adds up, but one combo from ermac and everything is tied back up.

Pretty sick you get to train with warda =]

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
Ill post some vids of me against a really good sektor player that finished 3rd place at ART4 really soon.It should help some people with that match up

Chady

Noob
Guys, I see that the Reptile match up is 6-4 and I assume that it's in Reptile's favor.

Any advice on how to do deal with this match up? I'm having trouble with how to deal with his Elbow Dash.

The problem with zoning Kitana is that if you do a blocked lift or tks, Kitana can easily F21 you, so mashing on that lift is almost never going to work. Ermac has no good projectiles to keep her away, and if kitana dash blocks her way to ermac, ermac pretty much has no options except take a high risk and teleport, throw another tks, or start rushdown. But by that time, 40% of ermacs health would be gone.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
I played a few casuals against reo at dev and I do think that kabal does have the match in his favor. But I believe if you are smart and play DEFENSIVE you can frustrate a kabal. Punish every mistake and punish his iagb! You can teleport and hit them out of that rhythm into a good 30-38% combo.

RedSpectre221

Ermac Apprentice
Question Im having a hard time trying to punish Reptile's Dash rush game im getting blown up every time can some one help me with some tips

Owerbart

I miss you
Ok, don't quote me on this but I'm not sure if JC is that much of a problem. I mean, few times i have trouble zoning him.

Cheers