What's new

Question Ermac, is this reset "blockable"?

I would say it is Storms ,because it's based off the same reset that Ryan(BigD) found.

Someone should write out the inputs for a more skilled Ermac player to test it. (I haven't even tried the one BigD found lol).

Edit:NJP,JK into other side,Teleport,D2,B1,2,F1,B2,B1,Lift,JK other side,Teleport,B1,2,F1,F2,2,2 Push

This is what the input is correct me if I'm wrong though.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I would say it is Storms ,because it's based off the same reset that Ryan(BigD) found.

Someone should write out the inputs for a more skilled Ermac player to test it. (I haven't even tried the one BigD found lol).
Well, having the dumby on auto-block and jumping... B2,1 does connect... but yeah, this needs to be tested. I suppose on some it may work... to those unsuspecting.

Well, having the dumby on auto-block and jumping... B2,1 does connect... but yeah, this needs to be tested. I suppose on some it may work... to those unsuspecting.
The risk/reward is definitely worth it if you ask me. I'm going to work on getting both of these "resets" down.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Computer AI in training mode has some dumb blocking scheme. You can have computer on block always and you can kept Supermaning with Raiden and it ill connect everytime.

You can have computer on always block with against cage and just kept F3 and it will connect sometimes. So im sure this can be blocked.

But one nasty ass reset.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
The risk/reward is definitely worth it if you ask me. I'm going to work on getting both of these "resets" down.
this reset seems hella easier compared to Big D 's but if we can find an easier way to use his it'd be a lot better.

This reset though, seems a lot easier but I haven't been able to land it yet.. lol

Didn't i already post this in the other thread? My Ermac/Kenshi Tag video at 4:20? You can clearly see it is blockable in my video.

Here it is again.

Have a good one, TYM.
So, you want credit for it right? While thats does show it ,its a tag combo video. It is not a video showing Ermac only. If you wanted credit that bad why didn't you post a video showing it in the Ermac forums?

Edit: I could care less ,but yes we all know it was shown in your tag combo video.

QjonPL

Low Tier Fanatic
Damn, I should post a video with my u4 overhead combo OTG, so I could also get on Ermac's reset hypewagon :D

So, you want credit for it right? While thats does show it ,its a tag combo video. It is not a video showing Ermac only. If you wanted credit that bad why didn't you post a video showing it in the Ermac forums?

Edit: I could care less ,but yes we all know it was shown in your tag combo video.
Absolutely i deserve "fame and recognition" for it. Why wouldn't i? Saying "it's a tag video" isn't a reason for not giving me credit for it. Obviously rising karma is low enough to the ground and in a certain amount of frames comparable to a lift where you post doesn't matter. There is no "variation of Big D's reset". it's the same fucking thing. The setup requires multiple hits to be done so that gravity scaling takes over and makes them fall to the ground faster after b2. That isn't hard to understand and there are no "variations" of it besides the amount of hits (which doesn't matter becaue it is a range of hits, not a specific amount) where gravity takes over and it becomes blockable.

But, maybe you know something i don't about the differences between Rising Karma and Ermac's lift? because they seem to hit on the ground. Maybe you know something i don't? Please share, because i'd love to hear how "this is only a tag video" when rising karma clearly hits as low to the ground as Ermac's lift, and within the same amount of frames.

Saying it's a tag video was an extremely lazy excuse not to give me credit. And to call it "a variation" is absolutely absurd when all that determines it is gravity scaling, which takes over after a certain amount of hits. If you do the reset before the first hit that would scale gravity low enough to the ground where it becomes blockable, then the special simply combo's into the existing juggle, because they haven't hit the ground yet. A true variation would be to get it unblockable before the first gravity scale frame where it becomes blockable. Not posting the same exact thing with a few less hits that mean NOTHING.

bye.

Absolutely i deserve "fame and recognition" for it. Why wouldn't i? Saying "it's a tag video" isn't a reason for not giving me credit for it. Obviously rising karma is low enough to the ground and in a certain amount of frames comparable to a lift where you post doesn't matter. There is no "variation of Big D's reset". it's the same fucking thing. The setup requires multiple hits to be done so that gravity scaling takes over and makes them fall to the ground faster after b2. That isn't hard to understand and there are no "variations" of it besides the amount of hits (which doesn't matter becaue it is a range of hits, not a specific amount) where gravity takes over and it becomes blockable.

But, maybe you know something i don't about the differences between Rising Karma and Ermac's lift? because they seem to hit on the ground. Maybe you know something i don't? Please share, because i'd love to hear how "this is only a tag video" when rising karma clearly hits as low to the ground as Ermac's lift, and within the same amount of frames.

Saying it's a tag video was an extremely lazy excuse not to give me credit. And to call it "a variation" is absolutely absurd when all that determines it is gravity scaling, which takes over after a certain amount of hits. If you do the reset before the first hit that would scale gravity low enough to the ground where it becomes blockable, then the special simply combo's into the existing juggle, because they haven't hit the ground yet. A true variation would be to get it unblockable before the first gravity scale frame where it becomes blockable. Not posting the same exact thing with a few less hits that mean NOTHING.

bye.
Please, lets not do this here. However I am welcome to talking to you in a private conversation if you have anything else to say. I want to keep this thread on topic and civil. I am not saying it's not civil right now ,but that I want to prevent that from happening.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Having the dummy on auto block is stupid indeed. You can also do 312 then dash and B2 charge abit and it will still connect. Ofc on a real opponent it is blockable. MK training mode ftw...

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
That first vid the guy is strickly in the corner and therefore situational.

Personally, wouldn't try any of these ermac resets in a tense match or online especially due to the timing being so precise.. occasionally I like doing the original reset, 312, F4, B2 cancel etc

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
That first vid the guy is strickly in the corner and therefore situational.

Personally, wouldn't try any of these ermac resets in a tense match or online especially due to the timing being so precise.. occasionally I like doing the original reset, 312, F4, B2 cancel etc
The original reset cannot be done now man. After F4 opponent has enough time to even cross over you if you attempt a B2 cancel, cause F4 recovers alot slower now on hit. The best way to B2 cancel is after a hit confirmed teleport or a hit confirmed 312.

EDIT: Also, and this goes to everyone who wants to maximize Ermac's damage. You MUST go for his most damaging combos in the corner or midscreen. The days of 31 lift jk tp 22 TKP are long gone.

MKF30

The original reset cannot be done now man. After F4 opponent has enough time to even cross over you if you attempt a B2 cancel, cause F4 recovers alot slower now on hit. The best way to B2 cancel is after a hit confirmed teleport or a hit confirmed 312.

EDIT: Also, and this goes to everyone who wants to maximize Ermac's damage. You MUST go for his most damaging combos in the corner or midscreen. The days of 31 lift jk tp 22 TKP are long gone.
I know, but you can still go in for a good mix up after the F4 stun hehehe. It works a lot lol since it puts them in a stun. One thing I love about that move lol. His 31 TK, tp etc, etc is still good for zoning and making them use their meter. I Prefer jump ins and using his 11B14, TKS etc, etc which does good damage too. I'm surprised more Ermac players don't take advantage of his buffers honestly...

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I know, but you can still go in for a good mix up after the F4 stun hehehe. It works a lot lol since it puts them in a stun. One thing I love about that move lol. His 31 TK, tp etc, etc is still good for zoning and making them use their meter. I Prefer jump ins and using his 11B14, TKS etc, etc which does good damage too. I'm surprised more Ermac players don't take advantage of his buffers honestly...
No thats the point you cant do that now cause B2 comes out alot slower that it used to be before they remove the reset. Its another thing landing 41% dmg and another thing landing 52% dmg without bars. Double jk tp combos must be implemented on any Ermac out there imo if you want to make your opponent fear your damage. And they do the same thing also. They send the opponent full screen.

MKF30

Obviously You can't do the reset but you can still go in for a 50/50 after a connectd F4 or 312 stun is what I'm referring to, damage I'm perfectly fine doing 47%-50% with one bar since I'll earn back that one bar easily with zoning fireballs, air blasts etc. I also haven't seen one Ermac(well a decent to good one) that doesn't take advantage of finishing off with a TK Push, to me as an Ermac player I want them far away from me, the father, the better lol. Some Ermac players like to hold their own up close and I can also, but prefer not to, know what I mean? lol

You can also use his tele the same way Smoke does to cross them over immediately after certain Knock downs..

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Obviously You can't do the reset but you can still go in for a 50/50 after a connectd F4 or 312 stun is what I'm referring to, damage I'm perfectly fine doing 47%-50% with one bar since I'll earn back that one bar easily with zoning fireballs, air blasts etc. I also haven't seen one Ermac(well a decent to good one) that doesn't take advantage of finishing off with a TK Push, to me as an Ermac player I want them far away from me, the father, the better lol. Some Ermac players like to hold their own up close and I can also, but prefer not to, know what I mean? lol

You can also use his tele the same way Smoke does to cross them over immediately after certain Knock downs..
After TKP tp is unwise cause it can be blown up by wake ups. After EX TKP though is better to tp for pressure or baits. What are you saying ? Every Ermac i ve seen takes the advantages after a TKP. Simply either projectile them or dash in and do another TKP to OTG them if they are staying down. And i m telling you that after a F4 if you even try and do a B2 charge cancel you will get blown up. After a 312 yes you can, without even a jump in. Why should i use a bar if i can achieve the same damage without bars ? I really dont understand your logic. And dont tell me cause its "unsafe" or anything like that, because its not. If you practice the combo you can pull it off in an actual match. Ofc nothing of these things matters online. Online is a diferent game. You were telling me the same things back when i joined the community when i mentioned my 63% corner combo with one bar. That it was only good for an eye candy and stuff, but i m pulling off this combo in casuals and in tournament matches. Ermac's meterless damage output is the strongest in the game and every Ermac player should take advantage of that imo.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Metzos what would the most damaging mid-screen combo be to do?I still feel attached to doing 3,1,Lift,JK,TP,2,2,TKP.
Without meter: jp B2 (charge till 7%)B1 lift jk tp jk tp d1 TKP. Does 52% dmg.
With one bar the above combo mentioned but use EX lift instead of the regular one. It does 54-56% dmg.
With X-RAY: jp B2 (charge till 7%)B1 lift jk tp dash 22 X-RAY. It does 63% dmg.

MKF30

After TKP tp is unwise cause it can be blown up by wake ups. After EX TKP though is better to tp for pressure or baits. What are you saying ? Every Ermac i ve seen takes the advantages after a TKP. Simply either projectile them or dash in and do another TKP to OTG them if they are staying down. And i m telling you that after a F4 if you even try and do a B2 charge cancel you will get blown up. After a 312 yes you can, without even a jump in. Why should i use a bar if i can achieve the same damage without bars ? I really dont understand your logic. And dont tell me cause its "unsafe" or anything like that, because its not. If you practice the combo you can pull it off in an actual match. Ofc nothing of these things matters online. Online is a diferent game. You were telling me the same things back when i joined the community when i mentioned my 63% corner combo with one bar. That it was only good for an eye candy and stuff, but i m pulling off this combo in casuals and in tournament matches. Ermac's meterless damage output is the strongest in the game and every Ermac player should take advantage of that imo.
It depends on who you're facing and which character they are. If you're fast enough depending you can also bait a wake up and punish it, I personally do it with both enhanced and normal TKP's and it usually works. Yeah, I'm saying every Ermac does it which is good. But one thing a lot of Ermac players seem afraid or don't want to do is buffer one move after another, it works great if you space yourself well.

I'm not sure you're understanding what I'm saying concerning F4 aftermaths, I'm not saying go for B2 or reset as like you said they patched it, but rather you can still go in for good mix ups. Hell, there are times they just block thinking you're going to do F4 or 31, and you can just throw them...lol or simply poke them with D4 or D1.

lol, I'm not saying don't do your combos, I'm saying mid screen Ermac on average has good 40%-47% with one bar or no bar which is sufficient enough. Just think, if I do that to you twice that's already 80% you're down, the rest I'll just get you with throws or chip damage. To me it's not what you do when you play, it's HOW you play...if I do a normal combo they will break it regardless besides I prefer to use bars for enhanced TKP's if not for timely breakers.

I'm sure you are pulling it off at your tourneys, although from what people tell me the comp in europe is not as tough as the comp here in the USA. But like I said, that's what I've heard from several people when I asked about it.

All I know is as an Ermac player, while he does have great punishing combos and combos in general, he's ultimately meant to zone and turtle. Someone once said "you can rush down with Ermac" not really lol, you can a little but just block low since he has no good overheads...outside of Up+4 which is so slow...

MKF30

Metzos what would the most damaging mid-screen combo be to do?I still feel attached to doing 3,1,Lift,JK,TP,2,2,TKP.
I agree, or you can do enhanced TKP.

These charge B2 combos to me are unpractical, more flashy then safe. I prefer safe lol personally. If you jump in do 1, B1, 4, TKS, dash, JK, teleport, dash, 2, 2, enhanced TKP that's nearly 50%