What's new

Ermac has an even less stable placement than the DLCs characters... Why?

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
He definitely has trouble against them, but he has tools and pokes to deal with it. Take a look at the Metzos matches where he fights Cage to see how its done. Once you know everyone's frames - everyone should know the frame data for your opponents most common blockstrings - you know your options for escaping the pressure.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I ve been telling Ermac is gold material since i joined this community. No one believed me then. They will believe me now...

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I ve been telling Ermac is gold material since i joined this community. No one believed me then. They will believe me now...
Ermac is a great character. When Ermac has full meter, at that point, he is the most well rounded character in the game.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Concerning Ermac not having armor to get pressure off him... he doesn't have to use meter for anything other than breaker. So you have the option of getting hit on purpose while Cage is blockstringing you to just get him off you. Ermac builds meter like a boss between his zoning and the amount of hits he can rank up on block. I feel like I also always have 2 bars.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Concerning Ermac not having armor to get pressure off him... he doesn't have to use meter for anything other than breaker. So you have the option of getting hit on purpose while Cage is blockstringing you to just get him off you. Ermac builds meter like a boss between his zoning and the amount of hits he can rank up on block. I feel like I also always have 2 bars.

Ermac's pokes are great to cut off pressure against many rushdown characters. You just have to know when to use them. If you want watch my matches against Cimmerian's JC and see if you get any ideas.

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
Swift you are king of the "mid-tier" characters. =P I've actually been thinking of jumping into Ermac as well, I thought about using him at first but a close friend of mine picked him up so I opted not to dup his character choice. He's since moved on though so....

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Swift you are king of the "mid-tier" characters. =P I've actually been thinking of jumping into Ermac as well, I thought about using him at first but a close friend of mine picked him up so I opted not to dup his character choice. He's since moved on though so....
Ermac would be a great character to go along with Nightwolf. They are VERY different.

The more and more I learn about Ermac and become adjusted to playing with him, I don't think he's just midtier. It makes me never want to play Sektor again.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
Ermac would be a great character to go along with Nightwolf. They are VERY different.

The more and more I learn about Ermac and become adjusted to playing with him, I don't think he's just midtier. It makes me never want to play Sektor again.
Perhaps it's also the concept of using someone else seriously? I think it's always good to keep around three or so characters for use to mix up the playstyle more and to round out the bad match ups.

Using only one character has to get boring eventually I would imagine....

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Perhaps it's also the concept of using someone else seriously? I think it's always good to keep around three or so characters for use to mix up the playstyle more and to round out the bad match ups.

Using only one character has to get boring eventually I would imagine....

I ve used Ermac since day 1 m8 and i can tell you for certain that ALL his matchups, good and bad ofc, are winnable if you know how to face them.

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
I ve used Ermac since day 1 m8 and i cant tell you for certain that ALL his matchups, good and bad ofc, are winnable if you know how to face them.
That can be said about almost any character, but having a pocket character for those bad match ups when there's more then just player pride on the line can only help. I've been playing nothing but NW in competitive play since Day 1 and can relate, but as Swifts says Ermac compliments him well. They generally have issues in different areas.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Well yeah I'm sure, I just have too much ADD to only stick with one person lul.

True but if you wanna play competively this is the only way to learn the character to the maximum. Now if you wanna play casually thats another matter :).

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
True but if you wanna play competively this is the only way to learn the character to the maximum. Now if you wanna play casually thats another matter :).
Playing one character is all well in good but it is not the ONLY way, tell that to Brady. Last time he was in one of our tourneys he used 3 or 4 different characters based on the match up, and I'm sure it goes without saying he played all of them at a very high standard. Yes he has his main, but for his bad match ups he would counter pick because he knew the other person would always go to their respective character.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Playing one character is all well in good but it is not the ONLY way, tell that to Brady. Last time he was in one of our tourneys he used 3 or 4 different characters based on the match up, and I'm sure it goes without saying he played all of them at a very high standard. Yes he has his main, but for his bad match ups he would counter pick because he knew the other person would always go to their respective character.

Well lets just say that i dont agree with that then. Why should i go and counterpick, knowing my character has the tools to win the MU anyway ? It doesnt make sense. And yeah i m willing to take that risk. If i get blown up so be it. I ll just learn from that and try to adapt next time. Winning is not everything. Learning is.

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
Gotta do what works best for you, but when money's on the line winning tends to take priority over learning. I have no doubt Ermac is capable of beating the entire cast and more power to you for doing so.

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one

If you main ermac u know hes not mid tier.People who say he is either dont play him or play him every once in awhile so they dont know how to use his tools that are essential for him to win with.According to some Im not gonna say any names he only has TKP

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
Ermac is "Top 3 ninja" ?

Let's see. Better than Sub-zero? Maybe. Better than Rain? I don't think so. Better than Smoke? Noup. Better than Scorpion? Nah. Better than Reptile? LOL.

I'm not saying that Ermac is bad, but gosh there's better ninjas for sure. And that's only taking in count Ninjas. I'm not considering Kabal, Jax, Sonya, Raiden, Kung Lao and such.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Ermac is "Top 3 ninja" ?

Let's see. Better than Sub-zero? Maybe. Better than Rain? I don't think so. Better than Smoke? Noup. Better than Scorpion? Nah. Better than Reptile? LOL.

I'm not saying that Ermac is bad, but gosh there's better ninjas for sure. And that's only taking in count Ninjas. I'm not considering Kabal, Jax, Sonya, Raiden, Kung Lao and such.

Better ? Maybe not. Equal with all of them ? Yes.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I think Smoke is the only male ninja that is unquestionably better than Ermac.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Their match ups and tier list placement.

IMO Ermac is better than Sub-Zero and Noob. Not as good as Smoke. Then Reptile, Rain and Ermac are pretty comparable.