What's new

General/Other - Ermac Ermac General Discussion Thread

Good stagger pressure by Big D. He does "A". So he pressures and goes into "A", then he staggers and goes into "B", where as you are still looking for a way to beat "A". Example, He does B124 into D3. It hits so he can go into continued pressure, he gets a knockdown. He does another string after this, 111, and instead of poking again he crosses you up and goes for continued pressure this way. You poked in this situation allowing him to get the jump and continue pressure. Also during his stagger pressure, he realised you were still stand blocking so he went for multiple B3's. All of which worked.
what advantage 111 has over 112?

zaf

professor
Honestly I forgot 112 existed. I never use it for anything lol
Its only real use is when you see that 1 or 11 hit and you want to convert into combo. You can do 112 run cancel B12 into combo
Other then that, you are just asking to be punished. Even in stagger pressure, 111 is much better then 112.
112 can be used on a hard read that the opponent will press after 11, but that is about it.

Noob
Its only real use is when you see that 1 or 11 hit and you want to convert into combo. You can do 112 run cancel B12 into combo
Other then that, you are just asking to be punished. Even in stagger pressure, 111 is much better then 112.
112 can be used on a hard read that the opponent will press after 11, but that is about it.
This seems comum as well as iv seen alot of ppl do it, but it feels really confurtable to do 11 into air FB pressure, even more than D3 AFB, i very rarely go for 112, or even 111 for that matter, i only do it if i see the opponent is pressing a lot of buttons... Its usually just 11 over head or low pressure, or ill just fish for something doing 11, stop briefly do another 1 into AFB or B32 or B3D4, it seems to work very well for me and keep ppl on their toes

Reactions: zaf

Dope Dojo

The Bomb Diggity
I've seen more people confirm 11 into soul ball then 112. But i see that having some use. It sucks Ermac can't relaunch an opponent considering he has like 3 strings that launch.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Ermac mains.

The community has chosen Ermac as my main for a week.

So i ask you all:

What do with this character?

What variation should i pick and how does he play?

Does he zone?

Noob
Ermac mains.

So i ask you all:

Does he zone?
Ermac Crash Course lol

This is a complicated character for starters in my opinion, best advise i can give you is check out Big D, Zaf and GGA Nikolass, see their matchs some are posted here, try to mimic some of their pokes and more basic combos... This is not an easy character to just pick up and start playing so good luck my friend. lol

methademic

UPR Methademic
Ermac mains.

So i ask you all:

Does he zone?
Haha, one of those ermac votes was from me, Good luck :)

jharris

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers
good look all ermac players who are going to evo! nikolass and big d i expect strong showings.

zaf

professor
@Rude i suggest either MoS or mystic.

Mystic is more straight forward. Play at the optimal range of max force push. Bait the opponent to move with instant air soul blast /levitate and hit them with push. Once they are conditioned for push, move in on them. Or continue to play a more footsie orientated game style and don't rush in on them.

Mos is more about pressure and usage of soul ball. You can get way more damage as MoS and generally only need to touch the opponent 2-3 times. Stick on the opponent while conditioning them with pokes and stagger to get a good payout with a 43% meterless combo.does not require a jump in to hit 43%, just a f4 and disciplined execution.

Spectral is under explored but on the surface there seems to be no reason to explore the variation.

Those are the variations in a nut shell. Ermac is complicated and not easy to pick up. He doesn't really have any useless strings outside of b2. Everything else has a purpose

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
zasaying t: 1822242 said:
@Rude i suggest either MoS or mystic.

Mystic is more straight forward. Play at the optimal range of max force push. Bait the opponent to move with instant air soul blast /levitate and hit them with push. Once they are conditioned for push, move in on them. Or continue to play a more footsie orientated game style and don't rush in on them.

Mos is more about pressure and usage of soul ball. You can get way more damage as MoS and generally only need to touch the opponent 2-3 times. Stick on the opponent while conditioning them with pokes and stagger to get a good payout with a 43% meterless combo.does not require a jump in to hit 43%, just a f4 and disciplined execution.

Spectral is under explored but on the surface there seems to be no reason to explore the variation.

Those are the variations in a nut shell. Ermac is complicated and not easy to pick up. He doesn't really have any useless strings outside of b2. Everything else has a purpose
So you're saying this character is ridiculously hard to pick up in a week.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Is it just me or does Kenjutsu Kenshi play kinda like Ermac? With emphasis on various tele lifts and slams it reminds me of how Ermac controls space. Have any other Ermac players tried to use him in a similar fashion?

I'm dabbling with him right now and I really like it. If they would have just done a reference to the fact that Ermac and Kenshi had a past I'd love them duoed together
yes exactly, i love their past and even made big emphasis on that in Master of Disorientation. unfortunately it was in previous timeline and it is uncanonical in this.

Afumba

Noob
Is it just me or does Kenjutsu Kenshi play kinda like Ermac? With emphasis on various tele lifts and slams it reminds me of how Ermac controls space. Have any other Ermac players tried to use him in a similar fashion?
I play him every now and then... And it makes me hate the Mystic Ermac NRS designer everytime i play Kenjutsu.
Its also one of the main reasons why i wont stop bitching about Ermac´s TKP till they adjust it :)

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
I play him every now and then... And it makes me hate the Mystic Ermac NRS designer everytime i play Kenjutsu.
Its also one of the main reasons why i wont stop bitching about Ermac´s TKP till they adjust it :)
That is exactly what I thought. Like almost word for word. Glad I'm not the only one