What's new

General/Other - Ermac Ermac General Discussion Thread

Dope Dojo

The Bomb Diggity
Honestly I never really stopped to think about it lol. I was always wondering why I never got Spirit Fingers off of air teleports, and just some little....pop up. lol.

jharris

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers
any matchups where mystic has an edge of mos? considering putting some serious lab time in with mystic but not sure atm

haketh

Noob
I prefer Mystic for the Sub-Zero MU because you get full meterless combos on Ice Clones in neutral and whenever you block the B2.

Okay I may avtually start learning MoS for Tanya lol. Mystic still fights her better than most cuz Ermac has good Jump Buttons and Teleport but the Air Soul Ball will be so nice to have.

Da Tac0

GT: C88 Taco
I prefer Mystic for the Sub-Zero MU because you get full meterless combos on Ice Clones in neutral and whenever you block the B2.

Okay I may avtually start learning MoS for Tanya lol. Mystic still fights her better than most cuz Ermac has good Jump Buttons and Teleport but the Air Soul Ball will be so nice to have.
Doing the air soul ball against Tanya is risky business. Believe me you better have a read on her or you'll get punished

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Got a question for you Ermac players, why is everyone using ONLY Master of Souls? Never seen anyone using Mystic or Spectral when I fight Ermac. Is Master of Souls that easy to use or something?

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Got a question for you Ermac players, why is everyone using ONLY Master of Souls? Never seen anyone using Mystic or Spectral when I fight Ermac. Is Master of Souls that easy to use or something?
MoS is more rewarding and damaging than Mystic or Spectral.

Mystic's TKP (bf2 move) is highly unsafe on block and thats pretty much the only thing he has on that variation. His regular lift has a free combo, but his damage out put is outclassed by MoS Ermac by far. Basically Mystic Ermac is what Kenshi was before the latest hot fix. A zoner who cannot zone.

Spectral needs to be scrapped and revamped from the beginning. Worst variation in the game IMO.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Id love to see this character get a Klassic Skin. Ermac looks so different nowadays and they should provide for the old school fans. Plus I think his moves would look cool as shit from a red ninja.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
MoS is more rewarding and damaging than Mystic or Spectral.

Mystic's TKP (bf2 move) is highly unsafe on block and thats pretty much the only thing he has on that variation. His regular lift has a free combo, but his damage out put is outclassed by MoS Ermac by far. Basically Mystic Ermac is what Kenshi was before the latest hot fix. A zoner who cannot zone.

Spectral needs to be scrapped and revamped from the beginning. Worst variation in the game IMO.
It's basically the only playable variation then? No wonder why there aren't threads for the other variations. Oh man, I'm messing around with Ermac in training mode and it is just clear that Master of Souls is the only playable variation.

jharris

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers
mystic is deffo playable, it has good meterless damage with lift but i just find the combos harder to pull off than mos. also the mos soul ball is amazing in trades and has great midscreen and corner damage

It's basically the only playable variation then? No wonder why there aren't threads for the other variations. Oh man, I'm messing around with Ermac in training mode and it is just clear that Master of Souls is the only playable variation.
For competitive only MoS is viable.
I play mystic in casuals though but it feels so weak

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Competitive wise, yes MoS is the only viable variation.

Casual wise, Mystic is fun to play with, but if you opponent knows what he is doing, it gets frustrating after a couple of matches. TKP is THAT minus on block. Everyone in the cast can punish it with something, or just run into your face for free pressure.

Dope Dojo

The Bomb Diggity
Basically what everyone else said. Somehow, K Frog managed to find a way of making use of Spectral for Mind Games. How far one could go in Competitive play is beyond me though.

Mystic has some use, but frankly, the damage output is just too low. I've only managed to hit about 36% in the corner and about 30% everywhere else without using meter. A standard combo in Master of Souls can do 35-40% damage, plus it gives you a great 50/50 mixup.

For Mystic to be viable TKP either needs to start up faster, or have the block disadvantage be vastly reduced. The move is like -45 or something and you can't zone very well with it when people can just do run cancel block and be up in your face with little effort.