What's new

General/Other - Ermac Ermac General Discussion Thread

Da Tac0

GT: C88 Taco
While you can combo into high 40% combo with your x Ray I would advise you save your meter strictly for ex lift and breakers. What's better three mid to high 30% combos or one high 40%? Now I'm all for closing out the match with an x ray. It's very situational on how you feel during the 1st round.

Also I perfer using the Telly mid screen and sometimes in the corner cause you can combo into f212 ect Downside is it's highly punishable. If i think I'll wiff then I'll use ex soul burst in the corner. Even that's not that great. My buddy likes to use it mid screen but if your getting rushed down i suggest Telly because you can catch them being overly aggressive. Hopefully your armor through and hit f3 into lift.
Another thing you should start doing if your get rushed down is use d1. It's extremely fast and really stops them in their tracks. And as for your corner I'm not sure if this will work as good for mystic as it does for Mos but you can hit a njp into a double uppercut or njp into b12 b321. In mos I net about 38-41% damage. I hope this helps mayun.

Error

DF2+R2
If you look in the Ermac forums there's a combo thread.

Off of f4 and B3 you can do either cancel into teleport or lift. Ermac is very unsafe

F4/B3xxteleport D1xx Tele-hang dash neutral jump punch f21d2 push for like 30% is ask that I remember.

For armor you have EX blast, EX force push and EX teleport of you're using it as a wake up move. Also, remember Ermac has a good d1 and a d3 that lowers his hitbox.

You can also try to learn to implement instant air blast into your pressure, it's a safe overheard.

Edit: Also, since you seem to play pretty aggressively, master of souls might be a better suited variation for you. Mystic is supposed to be more lame and defensive, so his tools don't really add anything to how you want to play except for maybe having a better armor move.

Last edited:
Thanks guys - this is really helpful. In fact, managed to armor through some pressure with this help already.
Instant air blast is something I have never used, so I'll start experimenting with that too!

I'll probably make the switch to Master Of Souls soon, I just feel like it'll be a re-learning process and I want to start learning how to hit some bigger combos consistently in a style I'm already comfortable with before switching over.

I just went into practice mode and have some further question:
- I'm having a hell of a time connecting hits after the teleport. D1 is the easiest for me to connect, but converting it into a lift is a 1/4 scenario. I realize this will only be attainable after lots of practice, but is it the kind of thing where I should wait for that to hit before inputting the lift? Or do I immediately do the lift after pressing D1? Or just press 'em all in advance?

Error

DF2+R2
Thanks guys - this is really helpful. In fact, managed to armor through some pressure with this help already.
Instant air blast is something I have never used, so I'll start experimenting with that too!

I'll probably make the switch to Master Of Souls soon, I just feel like it'll be a re-learning process and I want to start learning how to hit some bigger combos consistently in a style I'm already comfortable with before switching over.

- I'm having a hell of a time connecting hits after the teleport. D1 is the easiest for me to connect, but converting it into a lift is a 1/4 scenario. I realize this will only be attainable after lots of practice, but is it the kind of thing where I should wait for that to hit before inputting the lift? Or do I immediately do the lift after pressing D1? Or just press 'em all in advance?
Yes, cancel d1 into lift, that's the only way it'll combo as far as I know.

zaf

professor
Hey there @shawnoftheshred
Welcome to the ermac boards!!!

These sort of questions can always just be asked in the general thread. That is the purpose of the thread.
You do not need to make a new thread. Since you did write up quite a lengthy post I willl just merge it with the general thread.

Hey there @shawnoftheshred
Welcome to the ermac boards!!!

These sort of questions can always just be asked in the general thread. That is the purpose of the thread.
You do not need to make a new thread. Since you did write up quite a lengthy post I willl just merge it with the general thread.
Thank you! New to the forum and appreciate the etiquette help!

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
The easiest way to connect the TKL (lift) after D1 is like so:

Teleport > D1 > B1

By pressing "Back+1" right after D1, the game automatically assumes you did the input for the lift. You can add a right trigger to continue the combo like so:

Teleport > D1 > B1+RT

Works Extremely well and very consistent

Da Tac0

The easiest way to connect the TKL (lift) after D1 is like so:

Teleport > D1 > B1

By pressing "Back+1" right after D1, the game automatically assumes you did the input for the lift. You can add a right trigger to continue the combo like so:

Teleport > D1 > B1+RT

Works Extremely well and very consistent
Got one for soulball?

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Got one for soulball?
I wish lol
what i do for soul ball after the D1 is just swipe my thumb over the back and foward directions and press 2. Interestingly, you dont have to cover the entire d-pad. The game assumes that's what you want to do when stop like half way of the Forward direction

Add me on XB1! :D

Da Tac0

I wish lol
what i do for soul ball after the D1 is just swipe my thumb over the back and foward directions and press 2. Interestingly, you dont have to cover the entire d-pad. The game assumes that's what you want to do when stop like half way of the Forward direction

Add me on XB1! :D
Will do. I may be on this evening for a bit since I gotta be in early tomorrow. My Gt is the same as my user name. I'll most definitely be on Saturday night. Are you on the east coast?

Afumba

Noob
Can you please explain how I know my timing is right on the option select? I'm struggling so much I'd rather just hit confirm it but the option select would be much safer.
For the b124 one... you input b12~teleport, wait a split second and then input f, 4.
Basicaly you need to have a tiny pause between the teleport input and the rest.

Da Tac0

Does anyone else love your opponent's derp face at the end of head out? I know I can't be the only one.

Bombardier777

I'll bleed you, real quick.
We are many, you are but... Two . Lol
Love how much effort NRS got in this game. Anyway what I wanted to ask you guys is, which variation is better? Master of souls or mystic?

Da Tac0

one of yall please give ltg some tips
Start throwing f3 after f212 for increasing damage. Now as far a lao, why would you pick mystic? Bait the spin wake up and punish with what you see fit. That's where MOS comes in. High damage punishing. That said when Lao does the mid kick into the two punchs into hat spin (I can't remember the inputs off the top of my head) after the hat spin and you block hit him d1. And never use Mystic on scorpion. Scorpion players love their Telly. And we love our 222 soul ball.

Dope Dojo

The Bomb Diggity
So....did anyone else notice you get 2 completely different versions of Ex Teleport depending on if you're grounded or aerial?