What's new

Ermac | Anti-Air Options

Ruuku1012

Real Talker
Depending on the distance and the aerial attacking me, I'll either use 1/d1/d2/force lift/jump back punch.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
hey, i dont check the ermac boards so i apologise if this seems like a pointless / already known fact.

i was messing around with ermac yesterday and B3 seems to have a stupidly good hitbox, so i started having some matches against ketchup using ermac and i could anti air with it on EVERY jump in without fail, and you can also link a teleslam after you see it connect and follow it up with whatever.

was this already known or is it irrelevant?

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Yeah i ve known about this but its risky though. Better do AA 1 dash 22 lift jk teleport dash 12 TKP 34%.

Crathen

Death is my business
It's a decent anti air for close jumpins but kinda risky since it doesnt have a great orizzontal range unlike standing 1 or 2.

He can reach 37% off a AA b3 but it has to hit at a high height:

B3 Tp dash 2 dash 22 lift dash b12f1 dash TKP

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
oh b3 is part of a string? i didnt check, lol im an idiot, but still it anti airs like a dream

Yeah its one of his most useless strings in terms of combo dmg potential plus you can interrupt it with an armored move. Did it once against Nivek after jp on block. He blocked the jp and the B3 and during 4 he X-RAY'd me to death. Never used it again since then.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
i didnt notice any risk in it, it was working even if the foot didnt contact them haha, but if there are better alternatives then thats good :)

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
would you rather b3 or uppercut to AA? How height specific does the AA uppercut have to be to get a lift after?
Any AA upercut will give Ermac a free lift except if the opponent gets thrown far away which means that lift will whiff. But you can do TKP instead. If i have to choose between uppercut or B3 for AA i will def go for uppercut. Better hitbox and the dmg combo after that is insane. Also its his main anti-cross up option with d1.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
would you rather b3 or uppercut to AA? How height specific does the AA uppercut have to be to get a lift after?
i dunno bout everyone else but the only time I can really get an aa with uppercut is exactly after the pennicle of a jump thats going over you for a crossup. Because they are lifted the opposite direction now you can dash and get a lift to whatever in. also if they do it while your in the corner and the uppercut knocks them into the corner you can add 312 lift or 22 lift(not 100% sure). But because of the risk of dropping the combo I usually just standing or crouching 1 to lift then whatever I feel like (usually b2 b1 or if im still feeling lucky b12f1 corner loop) to ex tkp to set up shenanigans.

As for anti airs I fuckin hate trying to figure out what to use.. D1 or d4 is so inconsistant. I rarely do standing 1 or 2 because I dont know the proper height. I accidently pull off standing 3 sometimes which is ridiculous haha.. Same with b1. Something ive tried to do, and I brought it up to metz hella long ago is the use if b2. Baiting a jump and then hitting them with a fully charged or even 9% charged hit could definitely prove useful. Because b2 has a feint you could semi charge the feint they are while in the air, backdash then hit them with b2 or your aa of choice. Think about it, who wouldnt attack at someone sitting there charging? It looks like an easy jp to huge punishment.
Of course this is just theory right now.. But lab it up people! As soon as they take flight b2 feint into b2 or any other aa can work. The b2 feint makes you back dash faster too (as far as recovery into another back dash). But we should check frame rate and whatnot.. Lol does anyone see this as plausable?

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
i dunno bout everyone else but the only time I can really get an aa with uppercut is exactly after the pennicle of a jump thats going over you for a crossup. Because they are lifted the opposite direction now you can dash and get a lift to whatever in. also if they do it while your in the corner and the uppercut knocks them into the corner you can add 312 lift or 22 lift(not 100% sure). But because of the risk of dropping the combo I usually just standing or crouching 1 to lift then whatever I feel like (usually b2 b1 or if im still feeling lucky b12f1 corner loop) to ex tkp to set up shenanigans.

As for anti airs I fuckin hate trying to figure out what to use.. D1 or d4 is so inconsistant. I rarely do standing 1 or 2 because I dont know the proper height. I accidently pull off standing 3 sometimes which is ridiculous haha.. Same with b1. Something ive tried to do, and I brought it up to metz hella long ago is the use if b2. Baiting a jump and then hitting them with a fully charged or even 9% charged hit could definitely prove useful. Because b2 has a feint you could semi charge the feint they are while in the air, backdash then hit them with b2 or your aa of choice. Think about it, who wouldnt attack at someone sitting there charging? It looks like an easy jp to huge punishment.
Of course this is just theory right now.. But lab it up people! As soon as they take flight b2 feint into b2 or any other aa can work. The b2 feint makes you back dash faster too (as far as recovery into another back dash). But we should check frame rate and whatnot.. Lol does anyone see this as plausable?

Yeah i remember about that. Its not a bad idea but its very risky. Tried a couple of times against my friends here in Greece and got bodied. It requires extreme timing.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
yeah whiff punishable, but i guess i wasnt mistiming it, so what is ermac best anti air?
His best anti airs are totally 1 or 2 followed by jump kick~teleport combos (as described in my thread "maximize your Ermac damage")

For crossups D1~lift is his best.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Much like his other aas I can pull it off occasionally.. But I dont have anyone to lab it with so I cant for sure perfect it yet.. One thing I noticed, that im sure many others have too, is that a fully charged b2 can really fuck up a parry. Or maybe just a wake up parry, but the full b2 has beaten a wakeup parry from liu in the corner and kinda traded with csz.. I got frozen but csz too the damage and got knocked back(not down tho) <--now that im thinking about it it could have been an exparry.. But I still am almost positive he took damage

zaf

professor
B3 can work, there are just better AA.
There's always tkp and tks depending on the range of the opponent. However this game is dumb and this should be the best AA, but it's so damn unreliable.
Standing 1 and standing 2 are the most reliable IMO. Easy to land, easy to combo off of.

Another retarded thing about this game is the teleports. Someone can jump in, you can AA and punish. Your opponent can seem to have not adapted and jump on you again so you go to AA them, however they HAVE adapted and teleported. You miss your AA and get hit by the teleport. However:
- If the opponent does a jump in but then teleports you can recover from a standing 1/2. With b3, I believe you can not. You will get hit. This is just another reason why it is not used often.

You can use F4 as an AA, just dash back as your opponent is jumping and let it rip. Will usually catch them without you being hit and you get a reset.
I've tried using the b2 charge as an AA. You can get lucky and hit them as they land but it's not something you do often. Like I said above, people teleport during jump in attempts, this will get hit out.

You can try using F2. Two things will happen, you will either hit the opponent or you will go underneath them because this move pushes you forward.
B1 is unreliable, this gets hit out by jump in kicks.
Uppercut is better used for cross over attempts imo. It usually gets them all the time, where as just a regular Jip uppercut has been stuffed randomly.
D1 is also great for either cross overs or regular jump in attempts. You can link a lift after it.
D4 is also a good AA, you can link a lift after it, just dont use it for cross over AA. I will get hit more often then not.

Also, while it is not an AA, d3 allows you to lower your hitbox and completely avoid the jump in.

So in general, use uppercut and d1 for cross overs.
Use standing 1/2, d1,d4, uppercut for regular jump ins.
You can avoid jump ins with d3.
If you feel like your nuts dropped / have meter, just use lift.

Error

DF2+R2
I have seen some Ermacs online rushing in with B34, it threw me off at first because it seems to recover so quickly online.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Yea, if you block it high I think after the 4 it has really fast recovery. I noticed that the other day in training mode. So I would set up b34 d1 cuz it was super fast. But, if u block the 3 and duck 4 its super punishable. Honestly to the point where I wont use it often or at all really.

Error

DF2+R2
Has anyone here ever used standing 1 as an anti cross-over? I've done it a few times by accident, though the timing is weird, you have to do it before your opponent is fully over you.

zaf

professor
as an AA and cross over AA, i have been using standing 2 a lot this past week exclusively. I love this the most as my AA of choice now.
If you do it early, you usually have time to block the incoming jump in if you missed. (not always if they do a kick instead)
It's great for both short and further jump in distances. You have a lot of time to confirm for tks, so you don't have to worry as much as with d1. Uppercut is the most dangerous one to use but the most rewarding. I've done a very easy 35% reset combo off an AA uppercut right into a grab which is a total of 47% no meter. I've been using the standing 2 kind of like training wheels for AA uppercuts. landing more standing 2's has kind of trained me better for the timing for uppercuts. crossovers i kind of stick to standing 2 because this game is inconsistent and will sometimes miss with uppercut.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
I've been getting pretty good at timing his uppercut lately. It does require either fast reactions or careful anticipation, but it seems to work well against crossup JIPs and I'm always able to get a TKS juggle afterwards.