What's new

Ermac | Anti-Air Options

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Not sure if this known, but I'd figure I'd share it.

Standing 2s:
2, dash, 22~TKS, JIK~TP, dash, 12~TKP - 36%.
2, dash, 22~EX TKS, JIK~TP, dash, 12~EX TKP - 41%
2, dash, 22~TKS, Xray(must wait until they nearly hit the floor) - 44%
2, dash, 22~TKS, JIK~TP, dash, 1~Xray - 47%

D1s:
D1, dash, 22~TKS, JIK~TP, dash, 1~TKP - 32%
D1, dash, 22,~EX TKS, JIK~TP, dash, 1~EX TKP - 37%
D1, dash, 22~TKS, JIK~TP, dash, 1~Xray - 44%

(anyone finds out more, lemme know - happy to credit you and add it!) :ermac:

QjonPL

Low Tier Fanatic
Standing 4 is 20f, helluva slow so I'd never rely on that - by 20 frames I'd AA uppercut on reaction or even do aa standing 1 - twice ; D (not mentioning d1)

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Yea the only potential use I can see standing 4 for is a corner juggle. Even so Ermac has a great corner juggle with b1,2,f1. Standing 1 and 2 and crouching 1 or an AA uppercut would be best imo.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I really need to start using 1s and 2s as AA with Ermac. Everyone else in my team does it except me ! It makes me sad and angry at the same time :). But no his 2 is a very good AA probably better than 1 cause of the high hitbox. As for 4 as AA i wouldnt recommend it. Its very slow and risky.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Been using d1 to lift for a looooong time now m8. But its not safe all the time. Ermac's 2 is a great AA move also.
is the timing the same as standing 1? I noticed standing one has the highest probability of hitting your opponent right at the highest point of their jump

GNG Iniquity

Yeah, I've rethought standing 4's viability. The hitbox is huge though, so if it's from sweep distance, I'd argue that it's somewhat viable - but you may as well just go with a standing 1/2 or D1 into TKS.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Well maybe we can play the standing 4 like jc does his AA kick. When they jump at you backdash and go for it. Make sure you are in sweep like iniquity suggested. Lab it up, does it work?

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
is the timing the same as standing 1? I noticed standing one has the highest probability of hitting your opponent right at the highest point of their jump

No i dont think its the same cause you lower your hitbox and thus the opponents hitbox when doing D1 as an anti cross-up at least, especially against Quan Chi in particular ( when i m playing against Hidan its almost impossible to do D1 as an anti cross-up). Its pretty risky sometimes i get punished hard for not doing it right. I really need to use 1 and 2 as AA against a regural jump from now on but from what i ve seen in one of Zaf's recent vids he was doing D1 as a regular AA too which seems really useful.

QjonPL

Low Tier Fanatic
It's not exactly an AA, but timed (meh, even mashed hard :D ) d3 causes almost every j.P attempt to whiff (it lowers Ermac's hitbox a lot).

GNG Iniquity

How viable is D4 lift?
The D1 is faster, and easier to pull off. Just go with D1 or standing 2, certainly his best option outside of TKP - which personally I'd rather take the risk of landing D1 or standing 2 for that damage. 47% off an AA is nuts.

You can ghetto test this by setting the AI to expert in the trainer and continually hit select until they attempt to cross you up. This is only from sweep distance, however, so if you want to test from a closer distance you'll have to use a human.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
What do you better Ermac players think of using F2 as an anit-air?

And what are his best anti-air options?

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
Yea F2 isnt a good AA because its kinda slow and it moves him forward.

Ermac's AA:

1.TKP
2.TKS(sometimes)
3.Standing 1
4.Standing 2
5.Ive heard F1 was too but not too sure

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Ermac's AA

What Slim said plus D1 (and i mean as an AA not as an anti cross-up) D2 ofc, (duh). Once i even did B1 for AA. It was really crazy stuff. F2 is a good AA if the opponent jumps from a bit far away its not bad but it needs practice.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Dont forget uppercut
how good are ermac standing 1 or 2 as AA?
I normally use d1, and uppercut.
Well, more at combo-able anti-air... like Sindel's recently found U4 anti-air that she can combo off of.

That's why I suggested F2 because if timed right you can EX TKS in to further damage... but that would likely not be worth the risk and rarely connect/work.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Well, more at combo-able anti-air... like Sindel's recently found U4 anti-air that she can combo off of.

That's why I suggested F2 because if timed right you can EX TKS in to further damage... but that would likely not be worth the risk and rarely connect/work.

Ermac can combo from uppercut too Storms and from 1 or 2 and d1. For example from an AA uppercut he deals 40% dmg if he finishes it with TKP.

EDIT : The only combo in which EX lift is worth doing it is the 51% midscreen and the 59% corner combo.

EDIT2: There is also a 44% AA uppercut combo but it requires good spacing and it depends where the uppercut hits the opponent. Meaning that if it hits him far away then the combo wont work.

zaf

professor
Here are moves that ermac can combo off of as an AA.

-d1~ Lift.

Generally i use this one the most because it is the most reliable.

-d4~Lift

Same as the above, but lowers ermacs hitbox. More safer then d1, but trickier to land. Timing is strick and you need to hit confirm it, unlike d1
This also has a bid more range then d1.

-standing 1/2

both are good if the opponent is outside of sweep range. but d1/d4 are better in my opinion.

-uppercut
great for a higher damage punisher combo but very unreliable i find. You tend to get hit more often then you hit them.
But recently i have had more success using this as an anti-air by pressing down and 2 at the same time instead of crouching then doing the move.
This allows the uppercut to come out faster.

-f4.
You need to dash back and then do this to create the proper spacing. It will grab the opponent out of the air but sometimes it will just miss them.

Storms, generally f2 will be a bad anti-air option. Not that it actually sucks, but there are much better options then f2.
Even if the opponent is further, you can dash in and do a 1/2. Or just a straight up tks.

You can even use standing 4 as an AA, but just like f2 is suffers from slow start up.

I've done this a few times, but its also not reliable. When someone is at about sweep range and jumps in, i dash back and charge f2.
usually always connects, but risky against characters that can teleport in the air.

SpideR

Noob
cool...i try to use d1. its hard, i mean is not easy like scorpion d1. now i try to use d4 this time... i some case, i use jump back punch quickly and then lift.