What's new

Ermac a Tournament winning worthy character

RedSpectre221

Ermac Apprentice
Im really starting to get sick of hearing about Ermac not being able to win Tournaments I personally Feel as an Ermac Player he can beat anyone he plays you just have to practice and Know your Match ups Whats your guys opinion.

Enenra

Go to hell.
This can be said for any and all characters, the right player just needs to come along. Work at it bud, I've never seen you play but if get it done with Ermac take yourself to EVO and show all the haters what's what.

Creepy00

Noob
Well, the thing about this character is tournament worthy actually depends on the skill of that player and the way he/she makes the best use of tools available to that character. Look SJ5 Cjdr won win Rain against character like Kabal, and kitana. Thing, is that character community needs to step up and show the mk community. I would like to see an Ermac player win a major, not evo necessarily. Will the happen, who knows, ermac has a tough time against rushdown.

RedSpectre221

Ermac Apprentice
Well ive played some amateurs but my first Big Event will be Final Round in March but here is me in my last tournament i played in I know i need alot more work but ive been playing Ermac since day one so i know pretty much all match ups.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
I watched the video and I have a couple critiques. Ima shoot it to the evo thread for more discussion!

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I've won one tournament with him, sure a smaller one but still had 28 people back in May of last year money prize tourney.

At any rate, there were a few good Cages, one good Cyrax player some stick players. I went thru everyone with Ermac all the way. That was PRE patch/nerf however, now it would no doubt be more difficult.

That aside, Ermac can win if used wisely not a doubt in my mind, the only problem is match ups...if an Ermac is going up against an equally solid KL, Raiden, Reptile etc Ermac's chances aren't as good but that's not to say it's in of the realm of impossible.

Not sure about Evo since that tourney has so many people and a lot of them will use the top guys to get far, but a smaller tourney I think Ermac can win. Look at last years SJ, CD jr won with Rain, I think a tourney of that size or smaller Ermac can win with patience and when played smart.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Look at last years SJ, CD jr won with Rain, I think a tourney of that size or smaller Ermac can win with patience and when played smart.
To be fair, Rain is generally placed higher than Ermac in the tier list and the level of competition at SJ was pretty heavy (and it was still 70-80 people I believe).

MKF30

To be fair, Rain is generally placed higher than Ermac in the tier list and the level of competition at SJ was pretty heavy (and it was still 70-80 people I believe).
That's why I said smaller, compared to Evo with what? 500 players? 70 people seems a lot smaller lol. But I hear ya. I'd probably disagree with the Rain being higher then Ermac considering showings in finals, semi finals etc. Rain won once, so far. Ermac hasn't won any major tourney yet but he's appeared way more then Rain has generally speaking down the stretch. So I think it really depends on what you're referring too also. If you want to say, which one has won more. Rain has a 1-0 lead on Ermac so far, if you want to go with appearances in tourneys Ermac has Rain beat there.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
So appearances in majors make him a better character? Lol Book Burning is like the only person who mains Rain right now and he hasn't gone to one yet. The character's tools are what makes a character good or not. But the level of competition is what matters the most. Sure, a good Ermac player could have a good shot at winning a local, but Summer Jam had almost everyone good in the Northeast plus a couple like THTB and Michaelangelo.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Cyrax is my best offensive character.
Sub-Zero is my best defensive character.
But there is no one in this game I have more fun playing than the Red Devil.

I am all for an Ermac renaissance before EVO.

MKF30

So appearances in majors make him a better character? Lol Book Burning is like the only person who mains Rain right now and he hasn't gone to one yet. The character's tools are what makes a character good or not. But the level of competition is what matters the most. Sure, a good Ermac player could have a good shot at winning a local, but Summer Jam had almost everyone good in the Northeast plus a couple like THTB and Michaelangelo.
Not saying a better character per-se but that Ermac has gone farther then majority of Rain players in tourneys/appeared in more top 10 finishes then Rain, was more so my point :) Better character? I think that's debatable. Both Ermac and Rain have their pros and cons.

I was talking about the guys who attend like every offline gig also. I main Ermac as much as anyone right now, I'm in the same situation atm. I just don't go to offline events really. I'm just saying a good player with any character potentially. SJ didn't have REO to my knowledge among a bunch of online guys from the east coast who are very talented also besides those two. I thought Michael retired or took a break from MK for a while?

P.S. you're in NYC? Just realized that, which part?

gdf

Noob
I was going to argue against the idea of winning tournaments, but it seems MKF already said so.

Pig of the hut also won Southern Kombat with Ermac.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Not saying a better character per-se but that Ermac has gone farther then majority of Rain players in tourneys, was more so my point :)

I was talking about the guys who attend like every offline gig also. I main Ermac as much as anyone right now, I'm in the same situation atm. I just don't go to offline events really. I'm just saying a good player with any character potentially. SJ didn't have REO to my knowledge among a bunch of online guys from the east coast who are very talented also besides those two. I thought Michael retired or took a break from MK for a while?

P.S. you're in NYC? Just realized that, which part?
MKF is back

........awesome......

MKF30

Yep, it's awesome MKF is back.. I won't be posting as much, no worries^ really only in Ermac and GG's topics pighut.

Ermaculate, what's going on? Happy New Year.

Downtown Manhattan.
Neat, you play on xbox? We should play sometime, I played the want to be revolver lol few times. I'm out in Staten Island.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Neat, you play on xbox? We should play sometime, I played the want to be revolver lol few times. I'm out in Staten Island.
Wanna be revolver? I thought there was one. People have been accusing me of shit online that I have no idea about. My gt is rev0lverr

MKF30

Wanna be revolver? I thought there was one. People have been accusing me of shit online that I have no idea about. My gt is rev0lverr
There was this dude named Revolver something or other, not just Revolverr he picked Mileena and Kitana against me and winded up rage quitting few months back. I remember mentioning it in the GG forum, but you confirmed it was not you so must have been someone else. Other people have mentioned this person too? Haven't seen him in a while when I room hop though.

Pig Of The Hut

Yep, it's awesome MKF is back.. I won't be posting as much, no worries^ really only in Ermac and GG's topics pighut.

Ermaculate, what's going on? Happy New Year.

Hmm we have never played but I challenge u FT10 or ft5

U pick

MKF30

FT? What's that mean? I'm not familiar with FT. BTW, I don't just use Ermac, he's just my fav guy to use. I also use Scorpion, Smoke, Sektor, Raiden, Rain and Kabal a little bit. I've watched some vids of you, you seem to have a solid C. Sub-Zero and known for him apparently.

EDIT, you mean first to? lol. I've played your boy Fly's NW, he's definitely not bad with him. Not many good NW's out there.

Pig Of The Hut

FT? What's that mean? I'm not familiar with FT. BTW, I don't just use Ermac, he's just my fav guy to use. I also use Scorpion, Smoke, Sektor, Raiden, Rain and Kabal a little bit. I've watched some vids of you, you seem to have a solid C. Sub-Zero and known for him apparently.

EDIT, you mean first to? lol. I've played your boy Fly's NW, he's definitely not bad with him. Not many good NW's out there.
That's cool man, pick whoever

And yea FT = first to

I expect to see an add request tonight

I'd say CSz is my worst character out of the 4

RedSpectre221

Ermac Apprentice
Yo MKF i played you once i think hit me up on xbox live we can spar if you want. And also Pig do u still play Ermac ?

CompletelyJaded

Whiffmaker
I'm sick of hearing that "it's only a matter of skill" when some characters have the same advantage without the disadvantages and then even more advantage mounted on them while some characters just get the stick for no reason.
Sindel able to win tournaments? No. Her tools are lacking.
Jade able to win tournaments? No. Her frames are horrendous.
Baraka able to win tournaments? No. He has virtually zero for mixup.

Why? Because these characters are weak.
However, Ermac is up there with Raiden in the list of horribly OP characters.
I main Jade and I get frustrated each time I play an ermac player who has just half the games I do with Jade. I can sit and get blockstringed or not block and get force lifted. All I can choose is which way I'll be beaten: blocking like a bitch or beaten like a hooker.
gg thanks.