What's new

Match-up Discussion Eldriken's Doomsday Match-Up Chart

Dja_Homies

Kaz...... I'm already a Fiddle.
Agreed with the nw mu its very annoying for both characters. I need to play this mu more to completely say I've mastered it and I need to put an extra serving of d1s next time :DOGE

E

Eldriken

Agreed with the nw mu its very annoying for both characters. I need to play this mu more to completely say I've mastered it and I need to put an extra serving of d1s next time :DOGE
Just let me know when you want to play, dude. Your NW is fun to play. I actually don't get too salty while playing, LOL.

Maybe I'm just not familiar enough with the MU to feel that it's a winning MU for Doomsday. All of the Black Adams I've played that are worth remembering (this includes you) sure as hell don't make it seem like it's in my favor.

My number could certainly be due to a lack of experience against the character.
DD beats Adam for sure. This proves the matchup number

E

Eldriken

Only stages that come to mind are Watchtower, Metropolis and Asylum. And even then it's probably a slight advantage
Indeed. It's not enough to sway an overall MU number since you have to get those stages in a double random environment anyway.

But still, fuck his interactable control.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
Nah, the MU isn't nearly as hard as Flash.
It's her worst mu. Raven can play footsies with the flash. Midscreen there's literally nothing she can do to doomsday. Doomsday has to hover outside of lift range and react to anything Raven does. Raven whiffs a lift, whiff punish with shoulder, blocked soul crush gets punished by shoulder, f222 or b23 can be whiff punished by d1 or best case scenario, Raven blocks mb venom and has to make a guess, if doomsday has the life lead then he has no reason to take any risk so he just does a d1 check, if Raven back dashes doomsday is in no danger and back to ravens non existent footsie game, if Raven tries to d1 lift she eats 2% and doomsday can go for a throw or es or whatever he wants and his life lead continues to grow. Raven can't fwd dash and push buttons because d1 es and she can't jump because of air snatch. There is literally nothing Raven can do to doomsday mid screen. The only way she can open him up midscreen is if the dd player does something really stupid. Ravens trait is only relevant when doomsday has no meter and no trait, which is something that almost never happens. Ravens knockdown game also doesn't mean crap because air snatch beats all of her jumping knockdown gimmicks.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I'm down with the BG and WoWo numbers, shame I've no offline experience with Doomsday and too little online experience to make it look that way (boy am I free :DOGE)

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
DD beats Adam for sure. This proves the matchup number
BA is ironically is one if the matchups i fear too. The thing about BA is hes a floating character which can sometimes cause alot of problems for dd when it comes to continueing pressure. Raven also is too but she lacks the tools necessary to defeat dd. BA however has a good enough wakeup option to end dd pressure. I may not have enough exp in this mu either like eldriken, but i feel its 5-5 or possibly 6-4 BA'S favor.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
I agree in the sense that dd has no mu #'s worse than 4-6. Honest mu chart finally.
I personally think the AM mu is in DD'S favor but im aware that im alone on that one.

BA is ironically is one if the matchups i fear too. The thing about BA is hes a floating character which can sometimes cause alot of problems for dd when it comes to continueing pressure. Raven also is too but she lacks the tools necessary to defeat dd. BA however has a good enough wakeup option to end dd pressure. I may not have enough exp in this mu either like eldriken, but i feel its 5-5 or possibly 6-4 BA'S favor.
Black Adam does not not have good wakeups tho.

E

Eldriken

Black Adam does not not have good wakeups tho.
Lightning Cage, dude. We can't reverse it. We have to back up to bait it out so it whiffs or block it and punish on wake up. That kinda goofs Doomsday's pressure in the corner.

nj body splash? Still its better than what most characters have so yeah it makes the DD MIGHT ACTUALLY HAVE TO THINK INSTEAD OF JUST MASHING D1ES