What's new

Ed Boon's recent tweets analysis

https://testyourmight.com/threads/did-ed-boon-just-confirm-jax.67930/
Since this thread hasn't been locked or anything, I think it would be interesting to see it on a bigger picture (not only one tweet but all of his recent tweets the past 4-5 months).
My conditions are:
- No retweets, only his own tweets
- All include unconfirmed characters (unlike the first one below)
(I also excluded extremely likely characters like Kitana, Liu Kang and Kano)
And added bonus if:
- The use of the hashtag #CharacterNameConfirmed (or its variants)
- The more tweets about them, the better

So here is what I found:

An interesting tweet about Baraka, months before the game got announced

Several characters appear in this video but his tweet is only about Jax (and Sonya)

and yes, this tweet again

He tweeted a lot about him in a short period of time in December

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/1087427963564552192 (tweet about Nightwolf because I'm limited to 8 images per post)

I've seen many retweets about Jade though.
Also, all things considered, he hasn't tweeted about that many unconfirmed characters.
So the characters appearing on his twitter are:

Baraka (already confirmed)
Jax
Kenshi
Shang Tsung
Reptile
Nightwolf

and a good mention for Jade

Obviously, that could mean absolutely nothing, but except maybe Nightwolf, they all seem likely in this game.

Last edited:

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
Oh, the beautiful times when we would dissect clues on Noob.com... How do I miss them.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I wish I could snap my fingers like Thanos right now, but instead focusing on having people who make up these shitty memes disappear forever...

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I personally think Nightwolf and Jax WONT be in the game.

Reasoning:

In his post about Nightwolf he straight up says "#NightwolfConfirmed" jokingly.

I really don't think he'd just flat out say that if he was actually in the game.

It sets up for disappointment too blatantly. It's just not like him.

He's a huge troll, but call it a good hunch.

A few days later he goes about the BossLogic pic of Terry Cruz and says "IF Jax is in the game #DontSayJaxKonfirmed".

This just screams to me that Jax isn't in the game because it sets up for disappointment if Jax isn't Terry, and he obviously isn't. Again, a hunch.

He flat out puts "#KitanaNotKonfirmedOrDenied".

We all know for a fact that she's going to be playable because Cassie Cage says intro dialogue against her in the Behind the Scenes video we were shown.

The wording on "NotKonfirmedOrDenied" is more on track with his way of teasing something that will be in the game opposed to how he is speaking about Jax and Nightwolf.

Sorry, Jax and Nightwolf fans. It's definitely just a hunch of mine, but I really do believe it.
I main Jax in MKX so I feel it too, but this game is looking so good that I'm sure I'll end up being crazy over whoever I end up maining for months just the same.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
If you look at the reptile tweet he was clearly trolling. That alone makes me stop looking for meaning in the others. I’m all for speculation topics but Boon likes to fuck with people, we can’t ignore this lol.

He showed that lizard at the presentation, getting squashed by a Baraka intro. Like the dreams of anyone thinking reptile was playable in mk11. Thats the way I took that, Baraka took reptiles spot. They are kinda the same role wise.

SenSx

Noob
If you look at the reptile tweet he was clearly trolling. That alone makes me stop looking for meaning in the others. I’m all for speculation topics but Boon likes to fuck with people, we can’t ignore this lol.

He showed that lizard at the presentation, getting squashed by a Baraka intro. Like the dreams of anyone thinking reptile was playable in mk11. Thats the way I took that, Baraka took reptiles spot. They are kinda the same role wise.
And Baraka has the exact same VA and voice.
The actor did not even try to alter his tone slightly, it's the same.

Reptile is out for me, and him killing a lizard during his intro just symbolizes it.

It does not mean Ed Boon's tweets always confirm or deconfirm characters, but they are very missleading, and sometimes mean nothing.
I've stopped paying attention to them and trying to analyse them after MKX.

stokedAF

casual kahnage

Reptile is out for me, and him killing a lizard during his intro just symbolizes it.

It does not mean Ed Boon's tweets always confirm or deconfirm characters, but they are very missleading, and sometimes mean nothing.
Dlc maybe? They say they would never charge for the same dlc character. Reptile is always playable and has never been a dlc as far as I know lol. I don’t think reptile is in either for that reason, it was funny though. I was happy to see Baraka.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I just realized that if Shang Tsung is in the game amplify will be a huge nerf.

Guess I have a petition to sign.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!

Reptile can have another VA. MKX had Baraka as an NPC in the story mode and he had a different VA back then, it wasn't Steve Blum. As for Boon's Tweet's, yes they are misleading, but they are still leading to somewhere, and the few tweets that are not leading to something are just " branch edge" Tweets that are far and few between, while the main topic that consist most Tweet's are once again, always lead to something. You just need to pay attention to his Tweets.

And like @stokedAF said, Reptile can also make it as DLC, it's not that far fetched.

Last edited: