What's new

Ed Boon's recent tweets analysis

SenSx

Noob
Dlc maybe? They say they would never charge for the same dlc character. Reptile is always playable and has never been a dlc as far as I know lol. I don’t think reptile is in either for that reason, it was funny though. I was happy to see Baraka.
I doubt Reptile, Ermac and Mileena will be DLC is they are out.
NRS never puts the all big names in one game altogether, they want to keep some for the next to build hype.
Otherwise we would have had Noob Saibot and Jade in MKX.
But nope they prefered Bo Rai Cho and Tanya over them.

Besides I think they want to rotate the ninjas, and not have them all in one game.
So probably Rain, Noob Saibot and Smoke instead of Reptile, Ermac and Tremor.

That is just my prediction, i'm not there so crush people's dream or only defend my favorites.
Reptile is my main, but I would not be mad if he sits out, let the other shine this time, they deserve it.
And there is no point replaying MKX if all the big characters from it are back.

Last edited:

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
I doubt Reptile, Ermac and Mileena will be DLC is they are out.
NRS never puts the all big names in one game altogether, they want to keep some for the next to build hype.
Otherwise we would have had Noob Saibot and Jade in MKX.
But nope they prefered Bo Rai Cho and Tanya over them.

Besides I think they want to rotate the ninjas, and not have them all in one game.
So probably Rain, Noob Saibot and Smoke instead of Reptile, Ermac and Tremor.

That is just my prediction, i'm not there so crush people's dream or only defend my favorites.
Reptile is my main, but I would not be mad if he sits out, let the other shine this time, they deserve it.
And there is no point replaying MKX if all the big characters from it are back.
Well that is basically true, they do like rotate the Ninjas. They did the same thing with MKDA and MKD. But even in that case they eventually put Kitana in both games when MK Unchained, the PSP exclusive iteration of MKD, came out, so Kitana essentially have appeared in both games. Also, while Triborg is technically a new char, he essentially brought all 4 Cybrog Ninjas to MKX as DLC, basically putting Cyrax, Sektor, Cyber Sub-Zero and Smoke (once as a Ninja and once as a Cyborg) in both MK9 and MKX, And there are rumors that Ermac might make it to MK11. So everything is still possible to happen even if it's in the long run. I can also deal with Reptile not making it to the game, but all things considering, everything is possible and can be hoped for. Besides, Reptile is the most important Ninja other then Scorpion and Sub-Zero, that alone gives him a huge chance to come back.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
If I were a ceo and had millions of votes for a dlc, I wouldn't care a bit and would make it happen because dough.
Thing is, most (if not all) of the people who sign these petitions don't actually care, they're just doing it for the "lulz", because they think they're some epic memelord and hilarious. They're not actually going to buy the DLC, if it ended up happening. All it would do is make you, the ceo, look incredibly stupid.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
Thing is, most (if not all) of the people who sign these petitions don't actually care, they're just doing it for the "lulz", because they think they're some epic memelord and hilarious. They're not actually going to buy the DLC, if it ended up happening. All it would do is make you, the ceo, look incredibly stupid.
50k maybe. Millions? I'd think about it.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Dlc has nothinn to do with MK per se. They can add whatever as long as it doesn't change the base game. If they added Shaggy as canon to the story, then yeah, stupid.
Any character added through DLC not an MK character I consider stupid. Would rather have them adding more MK characters who didn't make it to the main roster.

NothingPersonal

Any character added through DLC not an MK character I consider stupid. Would rather have them adding more MK characters who didn't make it to the main roster.
I don't mind guest chars as long as they're dlc and done right. Original MK chars I'd rather have a role in the story so they can develop as characters. So that's where we disagree :)

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Original MK chars I'd rather have a role in the story so they can develop as characters
No, this we actually agree on. However, because of the limited roster space, and NRS can't shove every single MK character into the story either way, it's nice to have those MK characters who were left out to become DLC.

MK has yet to have a guest character I actually like, so I have no incentive to want them.

NothingPersonal

No, this we actually agree on. However, because of the limited roster space, and NRS can't shove every single MK character into the story either way, it's nice to have those MK characters who were left out to become DLC.

MK has yet to have a guest character I actually like, so I have no incentive to want them.
Some day ma'man, some day...

SenSx

Noob
Well that is basically true, they do like rotate the Ninjas. They did the same thing with MKDA and MKD. But even in that case they eventually put Kitana in both games when MK Unchained, the PSP exclusive iteration of MKD, came out, so Kitana essentially have appeared in both games. Also, while Triborg is technically a new char, he essentially brought all 4 Cybrog Ninjas to MKX as DLC, basically putting Cyrax, Sektor, Cyber Sub-Zero and Smoke (once as a Ninja and once as a Cyborg) in both MK9 and MKX, And there are rumors that Ermac might make it to MK11. So everything is still possible to happen even if it's in the long run. I can also deal with Reptile not making it to the game, but all things considering, everything is possible and can be hoped for. Besides, Reptile is the most important Ninja other then Scorpion and Sub-Zero, that alone gives him a huge chance to come back.
Never heard of Ermac's rumor, and I'm following this closely.
Raiden's actually has his levitation, so that's one thing against his return.

I'll actually get pissed if Ermac makes it over Reptile.
Even more if he makes it over Rain or Smoke (Noob is garanteed to be in anyway).

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Never heard of Ermac's rumor, and I'm following this closely.
Raiden's actually has his levitation, so that's one thing against his return.

I'll actually get pissed if Ermac makes it over Reptile.
Even more if he makes it over Rain or Smoke (Noob is garanteed to be in anyway).
It was rumored in one of the leaks that he will make it as DLC. Of course this is just a leak, but it is still a possibility. I like Ermac, and if he is in the game that will be cool, but I also would prefer Reptile to make the cut instead, as well as Rain and/or Nobb Saibot as far as male Ninjas go.

Last edited:

Thracian_Priest

The troll awakens...
Please, explain this Shaggy nonsense. It's everywhere, even Boon had to acknowledge it on Twitter. But I still don't get it.

I saw a petition, supported by 160K lunatics. WTF is going on?!

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Please, explain this Shaggy nonsense. It's everywhere, even Boon had to acknowledge it on Twitter. But I still don't get it.

I saw a petition, supported by 160K lunatics. WTF is going on?!
yep ... it's just happen to be an Internet troll sarcastic meme bait created for people with too much time on hands to waste .... but Ed Boon just used to tease as Shaggy remembers the word Shang (from Shang Tsung) .... more or less giving criptic clue about Shang Tsung being in MK 11 .... :p :D