What's new

Ed Boon responds to the MK11 full roster leak

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Why is everyone acting like Boon has never misdirected us before? The leak could be totally real.

Either way, I don't really care. I'm not going to moan about whatever the roster is (unless the DLC is literally all guest characters). Having said that, no game has EVER handled guest characters the way MKX did. NRS killed it on the designs of Jason, Letherface, Alien and Predator. They sort of blew their load on the characters I'd care about, though.

Although...I think Terminator would be cool. Maybe Pinhead.

trufenix

bye felicia
He could've just not replied. This could mean the roster is one character off, or 90% off. But it certainly doesn't confirm it's 100% accurate. But also Boon's tweet after the real roster is revealed could be: "Turns out that person guessed right the whole roster. He should play the lottery :D".
Boon responds because its creates pages and articles of intrigue for his products. It allows him to interact with his fans in a way few other developers can. And because he loves the fuck out of trolling. But you can just assume if he directly addresses it, its false. He cannot in any way support an accurate leak and keep his job and reputation as an industry insider. Not even as a joke.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
Boon responds because its creates pages and articles of intrigue for his products. It allows him to interact with his fans in a way few other developers can. And because he loves the fuck out of trolling. But you can just assume if he directly addresses it, its false. He cannot in any way support an accurate leak and keep his job and reputation as an industry insider. Not even as a joke.
Absolutely ageed with you. His response niether confirms or denies the leak, it is absolutely ambigous and if he didn't respond nothing would have changed. Everyone can take from this whatever they want. I, knowing Boons past responses, think this roster is wrong in some way. Come on...Kronika...really?

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Cassie Cage > Corrupted Shinnok and rest of all, she has the green family power and that means she can beat the shit out of all villains.
Depending on what they are going to do with the fluff here. Old lore was saying that the "green power" was given to a bloodline of warriors who served the gods. Who are those threats gods needed assistance with? Mostly other god-like beings, one should assume. As such, it's possible that the power only triggers when fighting divine beings, and not just anybody. Sure, in the new timeline Raiden suggested other explanation, but he also said it was just his guess.

Granted, most of those folks you've mentioned easily count as god-like, except maybe Kotal. Although who knows, that can easily change considering all those shenanigans with artefacts. That brings us to what I consider a real point though: anyone who has enough plot armour to justify all contrived explanations of why whatever thing happened will probably win :p

Come on...Kronika...really?
I mean, since when MK is not cheesy? :p

Rearawt

Noob
Not to be the party pooper, but Boon would literally lose his job and never work in the industry again if he intentionally confirmed anything at all. WB wouldn't even have a choice, legal would just have to terminate him for breaching his NDA.

This is a confirm of nothing.
NDAs are usually signed between a company and an outside party, like a contractor or something. I don't think they make Directors do that for every game they lead

I mean, he'd get a stern talking to from Marketing or maybe even some disciplinary action if it's egregious, but summarily firing your Director for revealing stuff a bit ahead of time would be ridiculous lol

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Depending on what they are going to do with the fluff here. Old lore was saying that the "green power" was given to a bloodline of warriors who served the gods. Who are those threats gods needed assistance with? Mostly other god-like beings, one should assume. As such, it's possible that the power only triggers when fighting divine beings, and not just anybody. Sure, in the new timeline Raiden suggested other explanation, but he also said it was just his guess.

Granted, most of those folks you've mentioned easily count as god-like, except maybe Kotal. Although who knows, that can easily change considering all those shenanigans with artefacts. That brings us to what I consider a real point though: anyone who has enough plot armour to justify all contrived explanations of why whatever thing happened will probably win :p

I mean, since when MK is not cheesy? :p
Lol, “Havik” gets a pass, but “Kronika” is questionable? That’s fucking silly.