What's new

Ed Boon Polling and Trolling again. First Jason Todd won and now...

Probably not, but one is a more pronounced representation than the other and that could be viewed as a satisfactory representation for a character appearance.

Then if a character is part of a transition sequence, how does that play out when users are using that character? I know we always get to pick the same characters, but when it comes to crafting something like that I'm not sure they want to set up a "hey Black Manta is beating up himself" sort of thing. Disappearing a character out of the background that isn't doing much seems like it would be easier.

I guess I'm really just thinking about how I would act in that situation (which doesn't mean squat) but I feel like if I had made the decision to put a character in that role, that would be their role. Maybe at DLC time that changes, but not initial release. Of course nobody is asking what I would do, and I doubt anyone would play that game if they did.

I did forget about that one.
As much as I would like the game to make sense, it doesn't since mirror matches are a thing. They even have chars acknowledge the mirror as a doppelganger scenario in inj1 so anything goes really.

While that is definitely true, we also have to look at how Boon's polls have turned out to become in the past. Pretty much every time Boon has had one of these kinds of polls, it resulted in every possible result coming true, so if we take that into account and the fact that non-playable elements of the game becoming playable in the future (Martian Manhunter being the background and then becoming DLC) it's safe to assume that Black Manta has a higher chance of getting into the game than not getting into the game.
Let me be clear, I love Black Manta. So while I don't agree with you, I hope you're right. I'm just not getting my hopes up.

KCJ506

Noob
As much as I'd like Black Manta to be playable, I have doubts now. And his situation is really not the same as MMH. As other people have mentioned, MMH didn't interact with characters and was just simply in the background of the Watchtower stage. When he became DLC and was being used on that stage, they just simply removed him from the background. Similar to how Kitana and Skarlet don't appear in the background of the Coliseum stage in MK9 when they're being used there.

However Black Manta actually interacts with the characters and attacks them.(ala Darkseid). Being in the background is different from being part of a stage transition.

trufenix

bye felicia
I know. I just like complaining. Hard to count triborg as four characters tbh, since none of them were complete characters the way others are.
You cast complainers should post a style guide for what constitutes a complete character. Didn't you just say you hated the variation system in another thread anyway?

Silver_Shadow

Crazy Mexican
I was surprised when I saw the results. Starfire over Constantine? What is this world coming to.
Teen Titans! Why don't people understand this? It's why Blue Beetle beat Swamp Thing and Captain Cold. Its why Starfire beat Constantine and Black Manta.

The Titans fanbase is huge!! Don't underestimate our power!! Haha I'm glad Starfire and Blue Beetle won their polls because they're incredible characters!

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Two words. Teen. Titans. Simply more popular than Constantine. Would I rather Constantine? Absolutely, man's a badass but as far as the poll goes, Starfire is gonna win.
Some titans are more popular but the Teen Titans in general? Would have to say no. The current New 52 series is blah but the Rebirth versions(classic ones) are so much better....and TT Go sucks....Constantine had a huge uproar when it was cancelled and he's had a movie, his own books in Hellblazer, JLD and Constantine now Rebirth Constantine Hellblazer again...

So I'd have to disagree. She is far from one of the more popular teen titan, Cyborg, Kid Flash, Robin etc Starfire is not....

Constantine needs to be in this game. The TT are more exposed with the shows over the years between YJ and TT go etc but from a magical, cool character point of view Con is as popular as anyone else with magic.

But as far as Titans namesake goes, Titans>>>>>>>>>>>>TT. The Titans are instantly better and cooler because of ginger Wally West alone ;)

Last edited:

Hehateme

Noob
Starfire #1? What?? Do people not even know who Black Manta is and how bad ass he is?
I'm assuming Starfire won because more people are familiar with her because of the Teen Titans shows
Edit :
So I'd have to disagree. She is far from one of the more popular teen titan, Cyborg, Kid Flash, Robin etc Starfire is not....

Constantine needs to be in this game.
I always thought Starfire was more popular with than Cyborg. (I talking about the show (

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Starfire is almost definitely popular than Cyborg. I know literally one person who's a genuine fan of him.

Not really surprising that Starfire beat out those two when the Teen Titans show exists and most of the people voting would be casual fans.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Regardless of what characters we eventually get, can we please lose the awkward super hero fighting stances for the more real and fluid looking stances of MKX? Zod's stance was great, but a lot of the other ones were just awful. The exchanges in MKX seem so much more real and clean - even then the footage of Injustice 2. Can we clean things up a bit, please?

Silver_Shadow

Crazy Mexican
Some titans are more popular but the Teen Titans in general? Would have to say no. The current New 52 series is blah but the Rebirth versions(classic ones) are so much better....and TT Go sucks....Constantine had a huge uproar when it was cancelled and he's had a movie, his own books in Hellblazer, JLD and Constantine now Rebirth Constantine Hellblazer again...

Constantine needs to be in this game. The TT are more exposed with the shows over the years between YJ and TT go etc but from a magical, cool character point of view Con is as popular as anyone else with magic.

But as far as Titans namesake goes, Titans>>>>>>>>>>>>TT. The Titans are instantly better and cooler because of ginger Wally West alone ;)
Most people dont read comics. If I had to list the moat popular teen heroes DC has I'd list the likes of Robin (Dick being the most popular) Cyborg, Beast Boy, Raven, Starfire, Blue Beetle, Superboy, Aqualad (Kaldur), Ms Martian, Terra, Static and Kid Flash. The first half tend to get the most exposure overall.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Most people dont read comics. If I had to list the moat popular teen heroes DC has I'd list the likes of Robin (Dick being the most popular) Cyborg, Beast Boy, Raven, Starfire, Blue Beetle, Superboy, Aqualad (Kaldur), Ms Martian, Terra, Static and Kid Flash. The first half tend to get the most exposure overall.
But most people do watch cartoons, movies and play games they're based off of now days. I would say Kid Flash is far higher personally, up there with Dick, Wally West was Flash literally for like 20 years....before Barry came back. The animated version was also Wally in both TAS(JL/JLU) and of course Young Justice few years back, no doubt Nightwing/Dick is the most popular for good reason but I'd definitely put Wally well above most of those names, Raven and Miss Martian I can see being up there and maybe Superboy depending on version but would definitely put Wally higher than the rest on that list for sure.