What's new

Ed Boon Polling and Trolling again. First Jason Todd won and now...

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Does that really matter, though? Like the difference between being in the background or a stage transition, when it comes to whether or not they'll be playable as well?
Probably not, but one is a more pronounced representation than the other and that could be viewed as a satisfactory representation for a character appearance.

Then if a character is part of a transition sequence, how does that play out when users are using that character? I know we always get to pick the same characters, but when it comes to crafting something like that I'm not sure they want to set up a "hey Black Manta is beating up himself" sort of thing. Disappearing a character out of the background that isn't doing much seems like it would be easier.

I guess I'm really just thinking about how I would act in that situation (which doesn't mean squat) but I feel like if I had made the decision to put a character in that role, that would be their role. Maybe at DLC time that changes, but not initial release. Of course nobody is asking what I would do, and I doubt anyone would play that game if they did.

Also we seem to be forgetting that doomsday is literally in the fortress of solitude's background. Point is, characters showing up in non playable scenarios doesn't mean they won't be playable.
I did forget about that one.

Silver_Shadow

Crazy Mexican
It's interesting how these polls keep featuring a Titan (Blue Beetle, Starfire), a JLD member (Swamp Thing, Constantine) and a villain (Captain Cold, Black Manta) and how the Titan always wins lol.

Will the next poll feature Beast Boy, Deadman and Cheetah? Lol

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
Really want Swamp Thing, but I feel like he appeals to an older audience...... Constantine would be cool too.

trufenix

bye felicia
manta's not in. The only transition character in Inj1 was Darkseid, Scarecrow and a few random Arkham villains.

Also, the poll says "just for fun", can you guys not read?

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
Red Hood will make people shut up finally.

Starfires face should make for some fun threads.

Don't care about them otherwise.
You literally spoke my thoughts. No characters released so far speak to me. None of these polls are really bringing anything interesting to the table... Then again, I'm not a comic geek. So eh.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Wasn't someone a transition before they were a character on Injustice 1?
Doomsday was an Interactable and Martian Manhunter was a background character, so no transition characters were playable, but that doesn't mean it's not possible, especially since Boon confirmed some characters will be represented through skins, rather than as full character slots. I'd rather have full-on Black Manta in the game, but I'd settle for a good Black Manta skin.

He wasn't in a transition. Just a cameo in the back of a stage
He wasn't in a transition. Just a cameo in the back of a stage
I know about the Cameo, that's not a transition. And yes, it obviously makes a difference because as I said, no characters used in a transition (Two Face, Killer Croc, Darkseid, Penguin, etc.) became playable characters in Injustice 1. People can say all they want that it doesn't mean Black Manta won't be playable, and they might be right. But at least I've got something to support my theory.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I know about the Cameo, that's not a transition. And yes, it obviously makes a difference because as I said, no characters used in a transition (Two Face, Killer Croc, Darkseid, Penguin, etc.) became playable characters in Injustice 1. People can say all they want that it doesn't mean Black Manta won't be playable, and they might be right. But at least I've got something to support my theory.
That was injustice 1, not injustice 2. clearly they do different stuff from game to game so that doesn't mean none of the background/transition characters aren't going to be playable. We can use injustice 1 as a comparison but only to a certain extent because, as i mentioned, they do different stuff from game to game.

I understand Constantine has quite the following but he seems like a weird fit to me. I need to read more of his books. Starfire could be a good cool. Now all they need to do is have Bab's and Dick return and we got ourselves an Injustice love triangle!!

CrazyFingers

I understand Constantine has quite the following but he seems like a weird fit to me. I need to read more of his books. Starfire could be a good cool. Now all they need to do is have Bab's and Dick return and we got ourselves an Injustice love triangle!!
From what I hear Constantine is quite important in the Injustice Comics.

That was injustice 1, not injustice 2. clearly they do different stuff from game to game so that doesn't mean none of the background/transition characters aren't going to be playable. We can use injustice 1 as a comparison but only to a certain extent because, as i mentioned, they do different stuff from game to game.
Like I said, of course it doesn't mean they won't be playable. That's just my opinion, and I provided evidence to support it. If all you have to support yours is to say "they do different stuff from game to game", that isn't much. As of matter of fact, after the first gameplay demo, people had a lot to say about how similar this game appeared to be to Injustice 1 didn't they?

CrazyFingers

Like I said, of course it doesn't mean they won't be playable. That's just my opinion, and I provided evidence to support it. If all you have to support yours is to say "they do different stuff from game to game", that isn't much. As of matter of fact, after the first gameplay demo, people had a lot to say about how similar this game appeared to be to Injustice 1 didn't they?
While that is definitely true, we also have to look at how Boon's polls have turned out to become in the past. Pretty much every time Boon has had one of these kinds of polls, it resulted in every possible result coming true, so if we take that into account and the fact that non-playable elements of the game becoming playable in the future (Martian Manhunter being the background and then becoming DLC) it's safe to assume that Black Manta has a higher chance of getting into the game than not getting into the game.