What's new

Ed Boon: "Big MK11 News Coming Soon"

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
He's said #ReptileKonfirmed and #NightwolfKonfirmed, both presumably not in the game. He's also said #Don'tSayJaxKonfirmed and #KitanaNotKonfirmedOrDenied, both presumably in the game. Those are the only ones I remember.

Anyways, his tweets mean nothing and you're all crazy ;)
for nightwolf he used a C not a K . . .. which he also did a second time, once before mkx(exact same post), he did this to troll because it was actually a reptile hint(was a picture of a moon)

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/1087427963564552192?lang=en

im not sure about the others

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Ed just tweeted saying: "C2E2 will be fun. #MortalKombat11"

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/1107799643268804609

Apparently, C2E2 is a pop culture event in Chicago. Do we think this might be where the big MK11 news will be announced?

The event starts March 22nd, ends March 24th.

Edit: Apparently the cast of the MK 1 and 2 will be there for MK photo ops, they're calling it "Kombat Legends"

Anthony Marquez - Kung Lao
Richard Divizio - Kano, Baraka, and Kabal (He also played Quan Chi and Shang Tsung in Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero)
Philip Ahn - Shang Tsung
Katalin Zamiar - Kitana, Mileena, and Jade
Daniel Pesina - Johnny Cage, as well as Reptile, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, then Noob and Smoke (basically all the palette swaps)
Elizabeth Malecki - Sonya Blade
John Parrish - Jax

"Ever wondered how Scorpion’s spear was created? Or how the fatalities were born? Join the actors of Mortal Kombat 1 and 2 and be part of the stories that helped create the video game and pop culture phenomenon. The panel focus will be more on answering the fan’s questions about the game so GET OVER HERE and participate in this flawless panel."
It'd be dope to use this as a way to reveal or show off some of these characters in MK11. We've yet to see gameplay for Kung Lao, Kitana, and Noob hasn't been officially revealed yet. Of course, it'd be hella dope if Mileena was revealed.

Last edited:

ScorpXL

Goro?

Apparently, C2E2 is a pop culture event in Chicago. Do we think this might be where the big MK11 news will be announced?

There's going to be a panel dedicated to the making of MK11 so I wouldn't be surprised if we got another character reveal or gameplay trailer. And according to the guest list, some of the original MK cast such as Daniel Pesina will be there too.

https://twitter.com/c2e2/status/1097918968591986688

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
There's going to be a panel dedicated to the making of MK11 so I wouldn't be surprised if we got another character reveal or gameplay trailer. And according to the guest list, some of the original MK cast such as Daniel Pesina will be there too.

https://twitter.com/c2e2/status/1097918968591986688
Yup its the panel people thought was in the same month february until they mentioned its a month later in march.

Interesting to see what they gonna show.

RothVI

d2 Spammer

Edit: Apparently the cast of the MK 1 and 2 will be there for MK photo ops, they're calling it "Kombat Legends"

Richard Divizio - Kano, Baraka, and Kabal (He also played Quan Chi and Shang Tsung in Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero)
Philip Ahn - Shang Tsung
Daniel Pesina - Johnny Cage, as well as Reptile, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, then Noob and Smoke (basically all the palette swaps)

It'd be dope to use this as a way to reveal or show off some of these characters in MK11. We've yet to see gameplay for Kung Lao, Kitana, and Noob hasn't been officially revealed yet. Of course, it'd be hella dope if Mileena was revealed.
John Parrish (Jax) too.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Ed Boon tweets suck and are annoying, I’m gonna ignore their value, if they have any....

Anyway, Justin Bieber plays Rain..

Lokheit

Noob

Philip Ahn - Shang Tsung
John Parrish - Jax

It's interesting how the actor who has been most active tweeting MK stuff isn't there.

Maybe just simple calendar conflicts or... surprise appearance to reveal Shang Tsung?

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
It's interesting how the actor who has been most active tweeting MK stuff isn't there.

Maybe just simple calendar conflicts or... surprise appearance to reveal Shang Tsung?
This is the video game cast, not the movie cast. Shang Tsung had nothing to do with the games so there's no reason for him to be there.

The only thing surprising to me is that Pesina is in NRS's good graces enough to be invited, after the law suit and Bloodstorm feud.

Lokheit

Noob
This is the video game cast, not the movie cast. Shang Tsung had nothing to do with the games so there's no reason for him to be there.

The only thing surprising to me is that Pesina is in NRS's good graces enough to be invited, after the law suit and Bloodstorm feud.
Yeah my bad, got it all mixed while typing.

Kratilim

Noob
I'm going to go out on a limb and say NRS announces the new mode at this CE2 event - MK1, MK2 and MK3 remastered. That could be why all the classic character actors will be present.
That would be super cool! But there's not really an unknown option in the menu's right? All of the quesiton marks are known now aren't they?

Lokheit

Noob
That would be super cool! But there's not really an unknown option in the menu's right? All of the quesiton marks are known now aren't they?
There was a mystery one they said they were very excited to eventually reveal.

But personally I doubt it would be the remastered klassics.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I think the remastered classic games are much more likely than the Shaolin Monks type mode people have mentioned. That would be waaaay too much effort for something we'd play once and be done with (well, I'd play it once, at least).

The remasters were being worked on by a third party for a while, from what I understand.

I'm not a fan of this guy's channel, but it does explain a bit about what happened with the HD remakes and where they stand now.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I think the remastered classic games are much more likely than the Shaolin Monks type mode people have mentioned. That would be waaaay too much effort for something we'd play once and be done with (well, I'd play it once, at least).

The remasters were being worked on by a third party for a while, from what I understand.

I'm not a fan of this guy's channel, but it does explain a bit about what happened with the HD remakes and where they stand now.

Classic games ARE more plausible, but I don't think we should expect something that big to come with the game. We have to realize that they had to write the story mode, animate it, create all the characters and their move sets, the stages, animations, fatalities etc.,

I just feel like they wouldn't spend resources on remastering old games when they have to focus on making this one great. And maybe remastering them isn't as big of a project as I believe it is, and maybe they have been working on this behind the scenes for years, but I wouldn't get my hopes up until they announce it.