What's new

EchoFox Sonic Fox Wins (Captain Cold) Injustice 2 @ Summer Jam XI!

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
That'd be fine to do if these events were streamed on one channel. They aren't though, they're scattered among what close to a dozen depending on what event. And, YouTube? So I should go give views to guys who steal content and upload it to YouTube? I'd like to give the views and clicks to the purveyors of the community, not some tool that ripped it and posted it as their own. Very few of the streamers actually consistently upload to YouTube in my experience.

No it's not illogical in the least. This is the hub for these games, if I'm trying to figure out where to watch an archive or a stream, this is precisely where someone would think to go.

Again, I don't really care that much, but you really have no argument that makes sense. Anyone interested in the results of an event is going to see the thread title and click it. Anyone who doesn't, or maybe is looking for some tech or something, can easily avoid it. No one has made even a semi compelling or substantial argument for spoiling events in titles other than "deal with it just don't come here, it's your fault you missed it, tough shit".

But whatever this is so tired and for some inane reason a lot of people have made this something that they've dug in on, and I don't care to argue it further. After all, this isn't my site to run and it isn't up to me, and I'm not losing sleep over it.
This is completely wrong. Every event is on one, or at most two channels. In fact it's even easier now than ever, as all the pro series events are streamed on NetherRealm's channel.

It takes absolutely no effort to come in the day before, look at the stream schedule and see, "pools on NetherRealm, Top 8 on teamsp00ky" and then visit those channels later to watch the archive of the event.

It's the highest form of laziness to complain that you can't watch the stream archive unless you come here on Sunday night or Monday to look at the results first.

We all have to look at the schedule ahead of time to find out when to watch, so there's really no excuse here for anyone to not bookmark the 1-2 channels for later if they can't watch live.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Well, I don't have Twitter actually. I mean, I've made a Twitter account before but I have never really used it.. (when MKX was broken and unplayable for many PC users, myself amongst them I used it to spam NRS because I was salty.) and reasoning is.. things get spoiled. Also, have you seen me post? Twitter gives me a damn sentence, no way that platform works for me. I can't make fucking status updates that fit to save my life.

I also wholeheartedly agree that the winner deserves their name in the title, but since you guys can edit titles, like, a single day prohibition on title spoilers would be really nice. If I can't get my shit together on the day of the event and the day after then too bad, so sad, that's on me. But a one day grace period would be nice and the winner then gets the title and people like me have a chance to see the tourney without having it spoiled from the get go.

I can't control what you all do and there are obviously others ways to have the results spoiled, but at least in my case, I am media shy as hell the day following an event I missed, so as not to spoil it for myself if i intend to catch up on it that day. I can protect myself by not twitting or whatever and by avoiding streams, discord and everything, it just sucks to have to avoid EVERYTHING FGC related. To be fair, that's on me, I can just extend my media 'blackout' to everything until I catch up.. but shrug. Would just be nice if I didn't have to.

Then other issue though is some people may not have even realized SummerJam happened, or weren't sure the dates and times for everything, then unwittingly stumble on spoilers before they even have a chance too protect themselves.

Just my opinion. I'll start waiting a say after events before checking the forums from now on I guess. Just sucks cause this is my current favorite while-taking-a-shit activity. Cough. Speaking of which, I need to get back to business boys.
We try to accommodate the masses, wholeheartedly.

I just wanna point out, no, we all don't have a twitter, lol. I don't, tym is truly my primary and nearly sole connection to NRS games and the community outside of live stream chats. I know I'm in the minority likely by a wide margin, but I'm not alone surely.

And I also want to say that I have chosen to avoid TYM at times for this very reason and instead go to Eventhubs and give them clicks and views instead to find stream archives because I think it's easier to avoid spoilers. I forget sometimes and come here out of habit and when I'm spoiled it's not that big an issue for me, I still am interested.

But what is the logic for doing it though? To give props to the winner? I see that making sense in 2011, but nowadays there's a lot more attention and eyeballs elsewhere that I'd guess would give the winner more of a "fuck yeah!" but then again I don't win and am also not on twitter so....what do I know?
EventHubs is fantastic. I'm not stopping you or discouraging this. However, they cover ALL FIGHTING GAMES, plus console news, etc. When we started we covered MK specifically, then when Injustice was born and it was all under "NetherRealm", we became a "NetherRealm-Loyal" website.

My point is, I don't have to put "Joes Wins SFV, Nick Wins INJ2, Jessie Wins T7, Justin Wins Smash, etc"... we are covering 1 or 2 games at most and often times they are separate from each other by hours, PLUS again... it's nice to give that winner that recognition.

SRK does the same as EH, but again, they cover ALL FIGHTERS.

Didn't we run a poll on this @CrimsonShadow ?

Also, we need to get back on topic...

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
What is "unreal" is that we go though this EVERY SINGLE TIME and it is so easy to fix.. just do not put the results in the title and everyone is happy? Why upset so many people on the site when the solution is just so trivially easy to achieve.

Also, just for the record... the super bowl is like a single game, something like summer jam is over 15hours of footage, even more if you watch multiple game... takes a LOT longer for someone to watch.

Still, @STORMS should really take a stand on this.. it just baffles me how this is an issue when regardless of peoples opinions, it DOSE upset a % of the site users and it dosn't have to... all you need to do is not post the winners in the results and suddenly this goes away and we do not need to have 5 pages of off topic in EVERY thread.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I had a big ass post done up, but I deleted it. Its pointless. All I did was ask to not have the shit spoiled.. There was a poll and apparently it was overwhelmingly for title spoilers, so, that's fine. That's all that had to be said though. The rudeness and essentially calling me stupid? Childish, especially for something simply handled. It's not worth the effort, nor is this the place, to pick apart the various arguments, insults and internet manchildery, so I'm done. I hadnt intended to say anything past my last response anyway, then stumbled on to the tail end of this shit.

Its my own fault for posting a thought or opinion here and expecting any kind of maturity though. THAT was the only STUPID thing I did.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I had a big ass post done up, but I deleted it. Its pointless. All I did was ask to not have the shit spoiled.. There was a poll and apparently it was overwhelmingly for title spoilers, so, that's fine. That's all that had to be said though. The rudeness and essentially calling me stupid? Childish, especially for something simply handled. It's not worth the effort, nor is this the place, to pick apart the various arguments, insults and internet manchildery, so I'm done. I hadnt intended to say anything past my last response anyway, then stumbled on to the tail end of this shit.

Its my own fault for posting a thought or opinion here and expecting any kind of maturity though. THAT was the only STUPID thing I did.
I honestly though you were here during MKX era, if so, how in hell you miss the pools thread about this?
People were so annoyed by the fact that Jynx used to cry about this all the time, some ppl even got infracted for trolling him personally on his profile page at the end of a tournament saying stuff like Anakin Skywalker is darth vader, Bolo Kills Van Damme's friend, tagging him in random threads etc etc, and then not much further Crimson and STORMS did a pool and we answered.

You have your opinion, we understand that, but its not the majority one, and we think its unreal, so bringing this up again in 2017 by Jynx yet again, its kinda unreal lol.