What's new

East Coast Throwdown 3 - EVO 2011 Tournament Season - Morristown, NJ - June 25-26

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Can someone register for me? Or am i already registered.
I can do it tonight for ya. it'll be 35 bucks. so you'll just give me that on Saturday then if I register you?

riu48 - just call me of you make it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't want to ask a really stupid question, but I'm going to anyway :)

Will there be casual play happening outside of the tournament? Sorry, I'm still new to the whole tournament thing.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I don't want to ask a really stupid question, but I'm going to anyway :)

Will there be casual play happening outside of the tournament? Sorry, I'm still new to the whole tournament thing.
Yes, many casual setups will be running even along side the tournament station. No worries. ;)

I can do it tonight for ya. it'll be 35 bucks. so you'll just give me that on Saturday then if I register you?

riu48 - just call me of you make it.

Thanks Dan, ill give you the 35 when i see ya.

So noone is coming for friday?

AC1984

Kaballin!
I'll be there Jason, cant wait to play all of you guys. Since I suck big time in this game, I need a serious work shop from whoever wants to spare the time.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Thanks Dan, ill give you the 35 when i see ya.

So noone is coming for friday?
oh no I forgot to do it last night. I'll do it tonight.

mike will be there Friday. were staying in his room.
I'll be there Jason, cant wait to play all of you guys. Since I suck big time in this game, I need a serious work shop from whoever wants to spare the time.
I'm with you there. I got the zoning down, but players that seem to rush down hard core like P.legend own me. I wish sindel had real defensive options vs this shit.

REYTHEGREAT

Hmmm. Can some1 pm me a phone number so I can call some1 once I get there? I already got storms. I'll problably arrive sat morning. Anyone sharing a room? :) I'll give cash.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Hmmm. Can some1 pm me a phone number so I can call some1 once I get there? I already got storms. I'll problably arrive sat morning. Anyone sharing a room? :) I'll give cash.
Just call/text me. What time do you plan to arrive?

DanCock

Cock Master!!
yea you can share with us. whatever amount of cash would be great. I'll give you my number later

Thanks again dan. So what time should i get there on friday? 7ish?

AC, we have never played a MK game together! So im really looking forward to it man.

I'm with you there. I got the zoning down, but players that seem to rush down hard core like P.legend own me. I wish sindel had real defensive options vs this shit.
A character who can rush down will have no problems against any zoning. Defense is only half the battle. Learn your pokes: d3 and d4. When you out-poke someone, whats the first thing they will do? Jump away. Punish those.

Maintain a solid offense along with a solid defense. Same thing i've been saying since MKD, but don't forget, its all about matchups. A player is only as good as their character lets them be PLUS take into consideration what that character can or can't do depending on which character they are facing.

Later.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Il be there Friday late afternoon/early evening with Reo in tow. Simon dont try to check into the room until I get there if you get there before me. I only registered it under 1 person(me) to save some $$$.

AC1984

Kaballin!
Dont worry, If I get there early (which I will most likely do), I'll go look for some games right on the spot. See ya there guys.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Oh my, so many people...

This looks way too fun to miss out on. I'm dying over here! I have to find a way to get there! Even if it means selling my X-Box... lol

342 is the cheapest I can find. so looks like he's not coming.

That's a price sir, I would not mind.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Where are there gonna be games in the hotel on Friday? I'd like to play some casuals before Saturday but i'm not staying at that hotel.

Noob
Just some updates on the rules to MK9 - the main rules can also be found at in the OP

•Mortal Kombat 9
•2/3 Rounds
•2/3 Matches, 3/5 Grand Finals
•Double Elimination
•Prizes are 70/20/10 of entry fees.
•Kratos is BANNED
•Skarlet is BANNED
•Kratos Stage is Banned
•The Street Stage is Banned
•Kombat Kodes that affect gameplay are banned
•Players who are colorblind must make the bracket/pool runner aware and the Courtyard stage at daytime will be selected as the stage.

Hey guys. DMG will have two rooms and a couple of the players wont be able to make it to ECT3. So that open some spots up for those who need a place to crash for the weekend. If you NEED a place to stay, PM ASAP so I can make sure the spot is there for you. From what it looks like, we maybe able to fit 3-4 people between the two rooms.

Let me know and see you all at ECT3! GET HYPED!