What's new

EAST COAST THROWDOWN 2 - THE RUNBACK - May 22 - 23 2010

S

SuGaR

I'm still very underwhelmed by the actual play at the tournaments. Good stuff none the less, guys.

AC1984

Kaballin!
SuGaR said:
I'm still very underwhelmed by the actual play at the tournaments. Good stuff none the less, guys.
Well, thank God you weren't there to show us how it's done...

S

SuGaR

There's a difference between moving here and taking a plane ride for a MK tournament. Priorities.

I also didn't start any argument, I stated the same opinion I've been stating for a long time.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
UMK3 was ultra hype at ECT2 muthafackos. I loved how the same 3 guys in the stream were the only ones complaining about UMK3, to the point where it seemed like they didn't think we were allowed to be a part of the stream. Some were complaining about character designs and frame counts, yet none of them could explain why the game is actually bad. UMK3 has 8 frames for a Round House! The game's too fast for their feeble minds to comprehend. The majority of players who didn't know what to expect were surprised and the UMK3 fans were all quite satisfied. I had some serious support in there and my only regret was not winning but I was never so happy to lose a tournament in my life. A huge step for the MK community, just to be on par with the rest of the games.

And Sugar, all you need to do is save up and show up, and breathe new life or whatever it is you think you would do to make these tournaments better for everyone. I'm begging you, please come out here and win. If you don't want to do that, then retire.

S

SuGaR

I want to so badly, but at the same time. Priorities. If I hold a tournament out here, West Coast, who's going to show up? Lil Loco? lolololol.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
SuGaR said:
I want to so badly, but at the same time. Priorities. If I hold a tournament out here, West Coast, who's going to show up? Lil Loco? lolololol.
Great to see the positive attitude continues! Keep it hype!

yeah, good online players will be in for a real surprise when all of their shenanigans are punished for free at a real tournament...

you guys gonna be at road to evo? (june 11-13)

Noob
richarded said:
yeah, good online players will be in for a real surprise when all of their shenanigans are punished for free at a real tournament...

you guys gonna be at road to evo? (june 11-13)
I actually didn't even know about it until you just said that. I just posted in the thread on SRK to see if they are interested in us bringing UMK3 to it.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Dreamcatcher said:
Yeah it was actually. I lol'ed at "Human Smoke threw his arrow".
fffffuck you!! ;) ...i was nervous lol. but after that, it went away. i kept thinking about that too the whole ride home lol

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Tim Static said:
fffffuck you!! ;) ...i was nervous lol. but after that, it went away. i kept thinking about that too the whole ride home lol
LOL hey man it's all good.

Shock said:
UMK3 was ultra hype at ECT2 muthafackos. I loved how the same 3 guys in the stream were the only ones complaining about UMK3, to the point where it seemed like they didn't think we were allowed to be a part of the stream. Some were complaining about character designs and frame counts, yet none of them could explain why the game is actually bad. UMK3 has 8 frames for a Round House! The game's too fast for their feeble minds to comprehend. The majority of players who didn't know what to expect were surprised and the UMK3 fans were all quite satisfied. I had some serious support in there and my only regret was not winning but I was never so happy to lose a tournament in my life. A huge step for the MK community, just to be on par with the rest of the games.
I hope to play in the next one, if there should be a similar tourney this summer. I've been hearing through the vine that PC's are about to be tossed for tournaments out of convenience of a cab; is this true? If so, I'll have to practice my ass off on a stick before I can be competitive offline. I really like the option of being able to bring whatever you want for a PC Mame setup, but I understand your frustration if a lot of pad players aren't even showing up.

Noob
I haven't heard any sort of thing about pc's being tossed from tournaments. Where did you hear/read this?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
PCs are not being abandoned in favor of cabs...yet. lol I will definitely be hosting on PC indefinitely. It's possible to wire pads to a cab, and even possible to get a passthrough to do stream directly from the cab, but it's not on the menu yet. I have discussed the possibility of wiring pads as extra inputs to a UMK3 board with Summoning, so we won't rule it out.

Right now I have no plans to run anything at Road to Evo, but anyone going should feel free to get something going. I don't have to always be there or bring the equipment.

Tim Static

Adminerator
But i am pretty sure if AnalCunt can put down the keyboard and learn stick, why cant anyone else?

People shoulnt be scared because like my friend Fugee said, if you can be high level on a pad, it will translate into stick. Dont be scurred.

S

SuGaR

I prefer MK on a pad, I was on some Genesis UMK3 back in the day. I will play SF on a stick.

I would love a controller that was set-up like an arcade stick, but it had a thumb analog instead of the "stick". I tried using a stick, and I did fine on it with the exception of the stick part. I just can't get used to that, after player game my whole life on a d-pad/analog with my thumbs. The buttons however, were very easy to get used to and were helpful.

Maybe I should mod my stick so I can do this...

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I have no problem with actually playing with the stick, I'm just not as good. I logged in plenty of hours when I was younger in the arcades but am far beyond that now obviously. There are certain things that will take hours upon hours to reteach, such as Lao's infinite.

GoldenOreos

Arcade Tech
man on mk layout, idk....i cant seem to grasp the run button in the same way i use it on pad.....everything else is good to go, maybe a few combos but, the run button make my hand hurt and im struggling....i shall get good on it one day though.

Tim Static

Adminerator
and any time & money will be sooo worth it. Trust me. Not every event I do will cater to pad players. Sorry!

Honestly, I am probably ALOT better still with a pad, as far as execution goes. I came to ECT2 rusty as fuck as the only time i play is against the AI on my cab from time to time. Playing vs skilled players is a whole different thing.

I am actually going to a tourney this Sunday at a arcade in Cincinnati....played on a cab :)