What's new

EAST COAST THROWDOWN 2 - THE RUNBACK - May 22 - 23 2010

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The top 4 will be streamed and on the projector at the tournament. I will do commentary for any matches I'm not, assuming I'm in the top 4 at the tournament, otherwise I'll commentate for all.

GoldenOreos

Arcade Tech
Shock said:
The top 4 will be streamed and on the projector at the tournament. I will do commentary for any matches I'm not, assuming I'm in the top 4 at the tournament, otherwise I'll commentate for all.
AWESOME, cant u and phil switch out on commentary depending on who is doing what.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I'm so tired of not being able to keep my word... Sorry guys, my brother is getting married May 23rd, in Rochester MN (not NY lol). How unbelievable is that? It's partly my fault though since I assumed that his June date hadn't been changed. But the bottom line is I can't miss the wedding so I'll have to catch the next one.

At least now I have the money and motivation to go! I will see you all at an upcoming event this summer or later, that's a promise. And good luck to Shock, summoning, 9.95, Tim, SJC, AC, anyone playing or going. Kick some ass for me. :)

AC1984

Kaballin!
Wow players show a lot of interest in this event. It seems that it's gonna be hell of a fun. Looking forward to see and meet everybody!!!

P.S. Dreamchatcher do not worry,things happen and there is always next time. I was hoping to meet ya but next time still sounds like a plan :)

AC1984

Kaballin!
I'll do my best not miss any events.If there is a PC with KB I'll participate and if not I would just come to hang out and stuff. Btw where can I find some info about this season's beatings???

Noob
AC, I'm working on that stick for you...so hopefully I'll be able to send it off to you soon so you can work on playing on stick so that you don't need a kb at tournaments(though I must say, you are one of the best kb players I've ever seen).

AC1984

Kaballin!
Thanks a lot Phil.It's gonna take some serious time to convert skills on the stick but I'll do my best to do it as soon as possible. Speaking of amazing keyboard players,check out ded_ and Shock...In my opinion Shock plays equally good on the stick and the KB and both of theseplayers are Extremely good and way better than me.

P.S. If some one wants to share a room let me know :)

List updated!!!

======

OK guys, we have some development in some bonus prize opportunities. As of right now we have $1500 in sponsor money. FnA Gaming is putting in $1000, and UltraSpec Cables is giving $500 towards East Coast Throwdown 2. Joe and I have been throwing some ideas around and want to know what you guys would like us to do with the $1500.

1) We can spread it around various games as bonus money added to the prize pots. Just say it's $1000, we can put $500 towards SSFIV, $300 towards Tekken, and $200 towards MBAA.

2) We can use it to fly in a player (or possibly two) from Japan, Korea, California, Midwest, wherever you guys want, and then disperse the remainder into the tournament pots.

Please let us know what you guys think and if you have any other ideas, please feel free to post up!

GET HYPE!!!

Tim Static

Adminerator
it would definitely be cool to see some of it used towards UMK3 to show others how important and how much they could win (hopefully getting people to sign up for it too!)

OK guys, big update to the first post. Here's the rundown:

Joe and I have decided to divide the $1500 bonus amongst ALL games aside from Smash. These seemed to be the general consensus across all forums, and we agree with you guys. Here is the breakdown:

• Super Street Fighter IV - $500
  • Tekken 6 - $325
  • Melty Blood - $200
  • Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix - $125
  • Tatsunoko vs Capcom - $100
  • Marvel vs Capcom 2 - $100
  • Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike - $50
  • Guilty Gear XX Accent Core - $50
  • Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 - $50
===========

As I'm sure you've all seen on the front page of SRK this morning, ECT has been chosen as the venue for the east coast EVOLUTION 2010 qualifier for all EVO games. We are currently working on getting Marvel onto PS3 so we can have that as a qualifier too. The 1st and 2nd place winners from SSFIV, Tekken, Melty, HD Remix, and TvC will each receive a seed in this year's EVOLUTION 2010 tournament in Las Vegas. This is a supreme honor that we're ecstatic to have received, and we promise to put on one hell of a show. The winner of Super SFIV will ALSO STILL RECEIVE a full paid flight and seed to GAMME in Orlando in June AND the prize money. How could you possibly beat that prize?!!??!

===========

I have updated the first post with a bunch of things, including the official ECT2 trailer by Ian Cofino, as well as our official poster by Ian Cofino and Jigsaw is FnA. We can't thank either of these guys enough for their continued work and support for this event.

We have also gotten rid of BlazBlue Continuum Shift due to no console release in the near future.

============

If you guys have any questions, please feel free to post them in the thread, and be sure to post up your names and locations so we can get you all added to the pre-reg list. One last thing, rooms must be booked by April 30 in order to receive the room rate of $89/night. After April 30, the rooms shoot up to about $129/night, so I'd highly suggest getting your room ASAP!! The phone number of the hotel is in the first post (be sure to ask for the East Coast Throwdown discount!), as well as a link to book online.

============

We have said this before and we will say it many more times. Thanks for your continued support and let's make ECT2 an event to remember! Get hype!!!!!!!!!

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
Shit, that's very generous of you, Tim! so glad there's still people that love UMK3 that much

AC1984

Kaballin!
Guys, show some enthusiasm and lets make this topic alive. I think that Dark_Rob should be added to the UMK3 list.

:)

AC1984

Kaballin!
I booked a room and i have a roomate, so my offer is down. Hope to meet a lot of great guys there and have tons of fun.