What's new

EAST COAST THROWDOWN 2 - THE RUNBACK - May 22 - 23 2010

Tim Static

Adminerator
Sam, i heard from AC you are not gonna be able to make it out for this? I am lazy and dont feel like looking through the thread so let me know ASAP. Thanks :)

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Tim Static said:
Sam, i heard from AC you are not gonna be able to make it out for this? I am lazy and dont feel like looking through the thread so let me know ASAP. Thanks :)
Nope sorry. My brother is getting married that weekend in Minnesota. I will try for the next one in Cleveland but SB seems to be the safest bet at this point. I have a lot going on until school and all that is done for the year.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Dreamcatcher said:
Nope sorry. My brother is getting married that weekend in Minnesota. I will try for the next one in Cleveland but SB seems to be the safest bet at this point. I have a lot going on until school and all that is done for the year.
ohh thats right. i do remember you saying that. my bad. i totally forgot :(

Noob
It's confirm time... who's in, who's out?

I have already confirmed(from this area)
Shock
Summoning
Dark Rob
SweetJohnnyCage
LI Joe
AC1984

who else can confirm?

Hey all, here's the latest scoop. Due to recent events, Joe and myself have decided to end our business relationship with GPX gaming. Because of this, they will no longer be providing us with setups, nor will we be guaranteeing a plane ticket to GAMME. Big Eric from Philly and his crew are going to be covering the setups Manny from GPX had originally promised us, so nothing is really changing. Also, Smash has been removed from the tournament roster for a few reasons. Mainly, there has been a lack of response from the Smash community due to costs for them to come out. Also, Manny was supposed to provide us with setups and a team to run Smash, but that's no longer possible.

==========

The list has been updated to this post from all forums. We're up to 120 people in Super SF4 alone so far! I'm going to start adding people to the event in Tonamento so we can get a total count of the amount of heads coming down for the event. I do have some other exciting news though!

==========

Nick/CasperOne from www.sf4answers.com has kindly donated another $250 to the Super Street Fighter IV bonus pot! That brings SSFIV up to $750 in bonus money! Thanks, Nick!!

==========

There are about 17 nights available in the room block so if you haven't already, please be sure to book a room!!

OK guys, I've updated a few things in the first post. As stated earlier today, rooms must now be booked via the hotel's booking manager Christa Nayyar. Her phone number has been added to the first post. She is the ONLY ONE who is able to give the room at the discounted rate. If you try to book in any other way, you will pay $119/night. The rooms are first come first serve and there are 13 nights left in the block, so act fast!

I have also added a tournament registration schedule just above the pre-registration lists. Since most tournaments start later in the day, their registrations won't be ending until much later. Please check the first post for all of the details. I will also be making a stream schedule for those who can't make it. We're aiming to stream every single game on Sunday, so it should be pretty fucking hype!

Tentative Sunday stream schedule (Saturday will be SSFIV all day, singles then teams)

Sunday

UMK3 Top 8 - 10:30am - 11:30am

3rd Strike Top 4 - 11:45am - 12:30pm

Guilty Gear Top 4 - 12:45pm - 1:30pm

TvC Top 4 - 1:45pm - 2:30pm

Melty Blood Top 4 - 2:45pm - 3:30pm

Marvel vs Capcom 2 Top 4 - 3:45pm - 4:30pm

STHDR Top 4 - 4:45pm - 5:30pm

Tekken 6 Top 4 - 5:45pm - 6:30pm

Super 4 Top 8 - 7:00pm - Close

are these going to be recorded? if anything seb could record them, and then send them to you. i'd really appreciate some live mk with commentary...

unfortunately, I'm 99% sure that UMK3 will not be streamed. people don't take the game seriously...

[ edit ] they might stream it after all huh? finals only though... ?

AC1984

Kaballin!
Damn...I don't even know where to start. This whole weekend was an experience that probably happens once in a lifetime.
I want to thank all the dudes who showed up to support and play MK...It was nice to meet you all guys...Huge respect for Joe and SweetJohnyCage, you guys held hell of an event.Congratulations to LI Joe for the UMK3 victory.

Thank you Shock for...am for being you and for keeping UMK and the UMK community alive at tournaments, and for keeping the UMK offline spirit alive. The matches we had on Saturday and Sunday were just amazing and so much fun,and i hope we're gonna have many many more...Thank you!!!

Thank you Phil for...well just about the same as above...keep it that way man and thank you for the stick. Ill do my best to convert as soon as possible.

Thank you Summoning for the great matches and experience...Kitana VS Cyrax...cant get enough of it...one of the best Kung Lao player!!!! Keep it that way man! :)

Thank you Dark Rob for the great time and matches as well...UMK casuals till 5 AM were so much fun and challenge. You and Phil are definitely the future of this game. keep up the good work guys.

Thank you Tim Static for the awesome time, i had tons of fun just hanging out around you and the killer jokes you pull out. I could not stop laughing the whole Saturday night while we played casuals. Thank you for coming from OH and thank you for the sponsorship. It was a great experience of competing with you man!!! We'll meet again at SB in October.

Thank you very much Chris for the great time..You have very good skills in UMK and i hope to meet ya at SB in October. The matches we had were so much fun!!!! Keep up the good work.

Thank you STORMS for the great courage you showed by diving in UMK3 with less experience than the rest. I hope to play with you again soon and I also hope that UMK hooked you!!!

The organization was amazing aand thanks once again to the MK team for everything!!!!

Sorry about the bad grammar and spelling mistakes but i am extremely tired from driving and cant think of anything better right now.

best regards,Simon.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I BADLY wanted to go this but couldn't make it if I wanted to anyway. My brother got married on the 22nd and the wedding was awesome. It was in Mayowood Mansion in Rochester, MN and I have pictures if anyone is interested in seeing the house. It was really neat.

But anyway, I will be able to save up all summer and I'm looking forward to making the next big one to play my buddies IRL. :)

Way to represent all!