What's new

Strategy - Swarm Queen D'vorah holes in her combos(punishing combos)

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Alright, well, after seeing the video, I've never been hit by that string. All the Swarm Queens use F112 and you can't do shit about that, so I'll have to go back to spilling salt everywhere. Thanks for trying though.
its basicall what can you do when it comes to those strings i tried hard to break that F112, there is no gap for it, its to close together frame wise. but if the blockADV is -8 on up preferably -10 it can be punished by a fast special, if i remember right , that combo can't be combo punished due to the block-sun and knock-back off the last hit.

maybe in the next patch i might find another hole for her :)

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
its basicall what can you do when it comes to those strings i tried hard to break that F112, there is no gap for it, its to close together frame wise. but if the blockADV is -8 on up preferably -10 it can be punished by a fast special, if i remember right , that combo can't be combo punished due to the block-sun and knock-back off the last hit.

maybe in the next patch i might find another hole for her :)
The block advantage is -8 without the wasp cancel, but no Dvorah is going to do it without Wasp canceling which makes it +16

MadeOfMetal

what part was that SMH referring to, just out of curiosity?

Thanks for all of your efforts Eazy Sleazy and thank you @Altsa for testing this. I am certainly a D'Vorah hater and it is refreshing to hear that she has gaps in her strings. I'll have to practice getting out of this later.

Thanks for all of your efforts Eazy Sleazy
was it for this?

thank you @Altsa for testing this.
was it for this?

I am certainly a D'Vorah hater and it is refreshing to hear that she has gaps in her strings. I'll have to practice getting out of this later.
or was this the reason you think that post was so stupid your shaking your head.

unless im missunderstanding what SMH means: i generally have seen it used for: when someone finds something so stupid, no words can do it justice.

if it was about me, i could care less, im pretty laid back, im just strangely curious. :coffee:

MadeOfMetal

Well, actually... this is exactly what I meant.

What I call "close range 113s" are the ones you do at 4 , 12 and 28 seconds of the video. And from that range Shinnok cant(as far as I know) armor through nor backdash that string.
at those ponits a wasnt trying i was waiting for the exact timing... i will admit if your in the corner it is way harder but viable. i can consistently do it in practice.

also his BF3 dash move metered can do this as well. and i think its in all variants... keep trying. the timing is very close

MadeOfMetal

i feel i must let everyone know my only 2 favorite characters is Predator and tremor, i have no bias towards D'VORAH or any other character on here.

MadeOfMetal

The block advantage is -8 without the wasp cancel, but no Dvorah is going to do it without Wasp canceling which makes it +16
is this what you where talking about, i did my best.
i dont play shinnok: hardly at all so bear with me for the lack of combos after punish

thats what the wasp cancel is right?

F+22 cancel into Wasp(DF1)cancel out of wasp into neutral (2)

if thats it i did it consistently. but it was very timing based

im sure there is a combo to follow after the neutral 2 due to it being a bnb but if you can always punish before that happends i think it may be busted. but like i said.

its a possible gap...

i would like other to confirm it as well.

maybe D'VORAH players would do better with this than me.

Last edited:

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
is this what you where talking about, i did my best.
i dont play shinnok: hardly at all so bear with me for the lack of combos after punish

thats what the wasp cancel is right?

F+22 cancel into Wasp(DF1)cancel out of wasp into neutral (2)

if thats it i did it consistently. but it was very timing based

im sure there is a combo to follow after the neutral 2 due to it being a bnb but if you can always punish before that happends i think it may be busted. but like i said.

its a possible gap...

i would like other to confirm it as well.

maybe D'VORAH players would do better with this than me.
Wrong string. We know b1 and f22 wasp cancels can be armored. F112 wasp cancel on the other hand cannot. You can't do anything about +16, you have to guess high or low

MadeOfMetal

Wrong string. We know b1 and f22 wasp cancels can be armored. F112 wasp cancel on the other hand cannot. You can't do anything about +16, you have to guess high or low
take it up with @Take$$$ cuz i used his video on how to do wasp cancel. and thats what i did.. but even if i added 2 to the end of that string its the same thing even if your +16 frames it dont matter, when u have the bug out i have opening, and that +16 gets armored

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
take it up with @Take$$$ cuz i used his video on how to do wasp cancel. and thats what i did.. but even if i added 2 to the end of that string its the same thing even if your +16 frames it dont matter, when u have the bug out i have opening, and that +16 gets armored
You didn't do F112 you did F22 those are not the same strings. And no you cannot armor F112 wasp cancel because you are locked down.

MadeOfMetal

You didn't do F112 you did F22 those are not the same strings. And no you cannot armor F112 wasp cancel because you are locked down.
i did it on F112 wasp cancel as well, please just take my word for it, i would like others to confirm it as well. cuz im not 100% on the reliablility on F112..

just letting you know the meter over ride hapends exsactly when the neutral hit happends on the F112 string and cuz its armored it soakes that hit and overrides.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
i did it on F112 wasp cancel as well, please just take my word for it, i would like others to confirm it as well. cuz im not 100% on the reliablility on F112..

just letting you know the meter over ride hapends exsactly when the neutral hit happends on the F112 string and cuz its armored it soakes that hit and overrides.
No you can do nothing about F112 wasp cancel into any string. Nor can you armor if she just holds the bug.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart

Bro we've tested this extensively, after F112(you have to do the full string) WGC you are +16 and you're opponent must guess.

MadeOfMetal

Bro we've tested this extensively, after F112(you have to do the full string) WGC you are +16 and you're opponent must guess.
id rather not argue just trying to help...... ill look for other strings on many other characters.

ill say it one last time i did it. the armor soaks the first hit of the string and connects with the opponent before the second hit which stops that full string. once the game registers that a second it of a combo got wiffed due to armor soak on first hit. it negates the 3rd. like i said before the timing is very small, and what i did won't work while your trapped in corner
and nevermind , this is a touchy subject with some people. and im realizing this now. so it doesn't matter.

anyone who whats to use these data sheets to possibly help there game, feel free to ask for more guides:)

Didn't we just have this discussion like... last week?

EasySleazy, have you patched your game lately?
my game is patched automatically by mkx/nrs/wb/sonyplaystaion updates every day i log in it checks and updates when their is one available, i have it set up this way. and i thought it was the norm on PS4.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
i beileve i can do it with meter... i mean ill have armor right, and they can take there +16 and stuff it.

besides its only +16 if that neutral 2 hits after wasp cancel.
I think this is where you are confused. She doesn't have to do a neutral 2 to make it +16. F112 wasp cancel is +16 by itself. The opponent can't do anything but guess at that point. No armor, no backdash, no jump.

MadeOfMetal

I think this is where you are confused. She doesn't have to do a neutral 2 to make it +16. F112 wasp cancel is +16 by itself. The opponent can't do anything but guess at that point. No armor, no backdash, no jump.
ok i get where your confused now. im not saying the armor through happends during the F112, it happends right after when they do the wasp cancel.no worries. saying onestly i suck with devorah but for you i will show ya with a video possibly today.

the bug cancel is a very good move to do, dont get me wrong, very tricky to your opponent, and can definately catch people with combos normally u cant. but it does have a small window that you can meter, this is by no means a full combo punish, some characters may be able to meter into a special that gives them a small juggle, but nothing big.

id say the F112 is fairly safe in almost every situation cuz its spedd. and alone its 100% safe on block without the wasp cancel.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
ok i get where your confused now. im not saying the armor through happends during the F112, it happends right after when they do the wasp cancel.no worries. saying onestly i suck with devorah but for you i will show ya with a video possibly today.

the bug cancel is a very good move to do, dont get me wrong, very tricky to your opponent, and can definately catch people with combos normally u cant. but it does have a small window that you can meter, this is by no means a full combo punish, some characters may be able to meter into a special that gives them a small juggle, but nothing big.

id say the F112 is fairly safe in almost every situation cuz its spedd. and alone its 100% safe on block without the wasp cancel.
You can't armor anywhere in the following string on block when done fast enough: f112 WC b1/f22/f112. Its the only string of hers where you have no choice but to block. You have to guess. That or pray they mess up the run even just a tiny bit, at which point you can armor or even poke.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King

You still don't get it. You can do nothing about F112 wasp cancel. You. Have. To. Hold. That.

MadeOfMetal

maybe your right... it might be that i suck at the wasp cancel and im doing it slower than you guys... my bad. at least im owning up to it... i can only block the whole blockstring and fast poke after. assuming i guess right on what to block over or low.

i thought i could get it real quick like i did kabals dash cancel but i was wrong.

(you guys are right... @TopTierHarley , @Krackatoa , @Take$$$) im sorry for arguing... i was just getting threw it cuz i was doing it slow lmao.....

dont hold it against me :(