What's new

Dumbest thing you've ever done that wound up hurting you?

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
1. Maining Shazam. I regret nothing
2. Not going after that Red Head. I FUCKED UP
3. Not driving more Careful on the ice ridden roads and crashing my car
4. Asking Tom Brady if he was Drunk
5. Fucking with my Dads Leather Jacket
6. Not getting a haircut or shaving for 2 years
7. Drinking 4+ cans/bottles of soda a day
8. Going to a Tournament with a Stomach Virus
9. Selling my old pokemon games
10. Not going to NEC.

E

Eldriken

Trying to take a car battery out with pliers, and accidently ripping a clean chunk out of my little finger with said pliers whilst attempting to clamp a nut.
Don't you just love it when a seemingly simple job results in something like that?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I was crossing some train tracks but I was wearing flipflops... so I ended up clipping the first set of tracks and fell face first into the rocks before the 2nd tracks. I am LUCKY that I walked away with only a chipped tooth (because mid air I was yelling "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-" )
Pfft flipflops, here in Scotland we don't get to wear your petty flipflops because it's always raining :DOGE

Pretty much accounts for all the time I spend in the lab instead lol

MK_Salivial

MK Mad Decent
Once when drunk I had a friend hold my right leg while I tried a Bruce Lee spinning kick (attempting to go full circle and land on my feet) I made it half way and fell face down on the concrete. Blacked out the rest of the night.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Ohohohohoh......

When I was about 8, and a huge Tekken/Yoshimitsu fanboy, I used to imitate the dizzy animation he does when you overuse his WSB1....

I went to land on the sofa, missed, landed on the arm made out of wood, and split my head open.

Even today, very few people know the whole truth about that. Whenever it gets brought up I just say I slipped on a magazine or some shit.

@STRYKIE is this the secret to telling them apart?
No, I didn't even know that lol.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Regularly doing 140+mph down A roads on my ZX6 Ninja. I should probably be dead, long time ago now though.

Taking the contact for a power supply in a laser printer off using a screwdriver whilst it was still plugged in.

Arriving in Sydney and spending 3+ hours on Bondi beach with no sun cream. I could peel my skin off in sheets the next day.

Last edited:

BlackViper415

TYM's Head Herpetologist
I used to be a professional snake handler for a company in New Hampshire. One day, I was taking out a medium sized reticulated python (which is still around 16 feet), but I forgot one very important thing. You see, snakes sleep with their eyes open because they lack eyelids and they won't always be flicking their tongue when they are awake, so unless you are really paying attention to some subtle details, it can be difficult to tell if the snake is awake. When snakes wake up, they are often confused about their surroundings just like any creature. This can result in a recently-woken snake perceiving things as a threat or food that an alert snake would not. It's important to note this because people often confuse this behavior for aggression, when the snake is just confused and groggy. Anyway, I went in to take the snake out so I could clean its cage, but I didn't tap the snake on the body with one of those snake hooks to make sure it was awake before I reached in to grab it. The snake woke up as I was grabbing it, saw the heat of my hand, smelled rats (I had been feeding some other snakes earlier,) and launched itself at me. You develop a certain degree of reflexes from dodging snake bites, but it's nearly impossible to dodge one that comes unexpectedly and very fast. I managed to turn my body to the side, saving my hand from the bite, but the 16 foot snake still managed to latch right on to my ass. It then wrapped around my thighs and held on. It didn't hurt much because there are so few nerve endings down there, but I had to waddle embarrassingly down the hall and inform the manager what had happened. It took the combined efforts of myself and two other guys to get that snake off me and back into its cage. I still have dents where that snake latched on. It was pretty hilarious even at the time, but it's still my favorite dumb injury story.

PHOTO PROOF:

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
So I was dancing with this girl I liked (who I eventually got with btw). I was teaching her how to shuffle and she was teaching me some Chicago dance I don't remember the name, anyway I'm starting to get it and I get excited and start doing it faster but then I fucked up and landed on the side of my foot breaking it. There was an audible crack that even she heard so I'm standing there in a mountain of pain with the girl I was crushing on really hard asking me if I'm ok. My Response? "Of course I'm ok let's keep dancing" and I continued to dance with a broken foot (nice and easy bachata luckily) for about an hour until I took her home. Didn't find out the foot was broken until the next day.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
I regret...

- Adding fried bacon in a pesto sauce (2007),
- Putting egg yolks in a cold cheesecake that had cinnamon in the biscuit crust (2011),
- Watching a good 80% of football (soccer) games of the Greek national team,
- Not hating Ronaldo and Rudy Fernandez enough,
- Not going to Finland (Helsinki 2005), Scotland (Burnside and Glasgow 2007) and Canada (Castlegar, Brit. Columbia 2013)

...but I think only the cheesecake and the pesto incidents are the ones that hurt me!

E

Eldriken

I used to be a professional snake handler for a company in New Hampshire. One day, I was taking out a medium sized reticulated python (which is still around 16 feet), but I forgot one very important thing. You see, snakes sleep with their eyes open because they lack eyelids and they won't always be flicking their tongue when they are awake, so unless you are really paying attention to some subtle details, it can be difficult to tell if the snake is awake. When snakes wake up, they are often confused about their surroundings just like any creature. This can result in a recently-woken snake perceiving things as a threat or food that an alert snake would not. It's important to note this because people often confuse this behavior for aggression, when the snake is just confused and groggy. Anyway, I went in to take the snake out so I could clean its cage, but I didn't tap the snake on the body with one of those snake hooks to make sure it was awake before I reached in to grab it. The snake woke up as I was grabbing it, saw the heat of my hand, smelled rats (I had been feeding some other snakes earlier,) and launched itself at me. You develop a certain degree of reflexes from dodging snake bites, but it's nearly impossible to dodge one that comes unexpectedly and very fast. I managed to turn my body to the side, saving my hand from the bite, but the 16 foot snake still managed to latch right on to my ass. It then wrapped around my thighs and held on. It didn't hurt much because there are so few nerve endings down there, but I had to waddle embarrassingly down the hall and inform the manager what had happened. It took the combined efforts of myself and two other guys to get that snake off me and back into its cage. I still have dents where that snake latched on. It was pretty hilarious even at the time, but it's still my favorite dumb injury story.

PHOTO PROOF:
That doesn't look the slightest bit pleasant. :|

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
I used to take Tae Kwon Do when I was younger and in between ranks of black belt (dans or degrees) there are "maintenance" tests to make sure you're keeping up with everything. From 1st degree black belt to 2nd takes a year and at 6 months is a maintenance test. 2nd degree to 3 degree take two years and maintenance every 6 month and so on until you reach 9th degree. Well, I was on my last maintenance test before 4th degree and during tests or maintenance tests, you have to break X amount (depending on rank and test/maintenance) boards and its usually among 3-4 stations. Among these stations you have to do at least one hand technique, and the rest can be foot. These boards aren't hard to break necessarily as long as you hit properly and with proper force.

I was doing my foot station and chose to do a spinning autobahn. Your front foot is the kicking foot and you rotate 360° before hopping and turning your hips to initially create a more powerful roundhouse kick (kicking with instep of foot). I was doing two boards and that was no problem, but what had ended up happening wasn't pretty. I kicked full force and missed causing me to hit the one guy holding the boards hand which caused a hairline fracture instantly to me and breaking both his middle and ring fingers. I broke the board on my second try and then had to gear up for sparring.

Honorable mention: I was fighting in a tournament and there are two kinds of sparring, Point and Olympic. In point you can only kick to the side of the head (2 points), ribs, and stomach areas (1 point). You may also straight punch or backfist to the head (1 point). Face, back, and below the belt are illegal blows.

In Olympic however, you're allowed to kick to the face because of the style and different gear. I was doing Olympic and got hit bad in the face, causing a bloody nose, but that's not what this is about.

After cleaning my nose and getting all the blood out so I could breath, I walked back to the gym where the tournament was being held. As soon as I walk in I hear this loud crack and then a smack before hearing half the room yell, "MEDIC!" This guy did a roundhouse kick to his face and caused this guy to be airlifted out of there (big ass parking lot) because he broke every bone in the right side of his face. Full reconstructive surgery and it all happened within the first 18 seconds of round 1. The guy didn't get sued because it's a sport and we sign waivers as we sign in.

Bonus: I thought it was smart to step on a nail when I was 3 years old...yeah lol. And I once spun too hard doing a spinning hook kick causing me to slip and land on my eye socket. Black and blue for weeks and swelled up about 3 times it's size.

Last edited:

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Well I kinda told you from the start... That we couldn't be more than friends, didnt I?:DOGE
Ha! Some "straight" guys though are ambiguous as fuck. First straight guy I fell for willingly made out with me only to get weird like a year after and now we don't talk

E

Eldriken

I was washing my hands with soap all over the place and had to sneeze. I didn't want to cover my mouth with my soapy hands or sneeze on the wall so I sneezed into the sink and successfully smashed my head into the faucet.
HAAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAH. WOW.

Sorry to laugh about that, but holy shit. That would be funny to see.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Hmm I can't recall me doing anything that stupid...

I did run into a glass door a couple of months ago. I was walking out of the company I work at and there is this big glass door. From a few meters away I can see perfectly that it's closed. Naturally, the sequence of commands that registers in my mind of what to do next is walk to that door, open it, walk out. I remember clearly that this sequence had registered at my mind at that time. Then for some reason when I am just one meter away from the door my mind says: "Hey you know what? You opened the door already. You can just walk out."

Next thing I know there's this loud collision sound, and I don't know what's going on, as if someone hit a reset button or something. It took me half a second to realize that I just walked straight into the glass door. I looked around to see if anyone saw what happened, and luckily there wasn't. The receptionist was facing the other way and when she heard the sound she looked at me and she was confused; she didn't know what happened.

I still find it weird that my mind suddenly decided that there was no need to open the door anymore. There weren't any distractions around and I wasn't daydreaming or thinking about something else. My mind just decided to troll my body.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Looking at a few of these has reminded me of a few more...

Once when I was younger and I was on holiday with my family, this man approached me and my younger sister and asked us if we wanted to help him move his go-karts (so help me god if it's actually go-carts and I've spelled it wrong due to the length of time around words that should begin with 'c' that have 'k' instead). We agreed, and without having told our parents we went with him. Willingly. So then we got on the go-karts and started riding them up the hill towards this guys garage and after about 5 minutes I made a mistake. There was this little lever/gearbox on the left side of the go-kart and you just had to move it up to get it to move forward and move it down to stop or move backwards. For some reason I decided to move this lever down whilst on the hill and so the go-kart began to reverse downhill. My reaction to this was to turn the steering wheel and in doing so I ended up running into a fence...not long after my parents turned up to shout at us for going off with a random guy without telling them and then told me to apologise to the guy for running his go-kart into a fence :oops:

I also used to do Judo not so long ago and before the younger ones started we'd play a bit of football (or 'soccer' to you weirdos :DOGE) on the mats. Now the floor was made up of 1m x 1m square mats and hey weren't held together by anything there was just small holes between them. We also had to be barefoot on the mats btw. So here I am playing football/soccer with this tiny ball they had and I go to kick the ball pretty hard only to catch my big toe in the rift between two of the mats. So for the next hour and a half I had to spar/practice Judo (which is all throws and sweeps and whatnot so it involved people hitting my feet at some point) with a sore almost-black & blue toe