What's new

Dumbest thing you've ever done that wound up hurting you?

E

Eldriken

I tried scouring the forums to see if I could find a topic about this before I made it and I couldn't. Then again, it IS kinda hard to find specific threads and what have you.

The primary reason for making this is because, despite the person explaining the story not thinking it, others might find it somewhat humorous to see what dumb things other people have done that caused them to get hurt (hopefully not seriously, however).

The dumbest thing I ever did was when I was probably 13 or 14. It wasn't anything major, but one could argue that all common sense had left my brain due to what I did.

I lived near some train tracks and I had some friends over and we decided we would lay down some coins to get flattened on the tracks. Well, before we could really get in the process of doing so, there was a train headed our way and I was like, "HEY! Let's throw rocks at the cars as they pass just for the hell out of it." Here's where common sense was not present: The train was coming from the direction that we were facing and I somehow thought it was a good idea to throw rocks at an oncoming train. It never occurred to me that one JUST might fly back and hit one of us, especially myself.

Well, as you've probably already gathered if you've read this far, one did just that. The timing was just perfect for this type of situation. I threw the rock and it went into the gap where the cars are connected and BAM, it flew back and clocked me right in the forehead.

The lights temporarily went out as I fell to the ground grabbing at my head screaming. My vision returns shortly afterwards and I begin looking around hoping to see my friends coming to my aid. HAH. What I see are small images of bodies in the distance moving away from me rather quickly. Some friends, huh?

I finally manage to make it home and look in the mirror and notice the hair over my forehead is no longer laying flat, but instead sticking out about half an inch to an inch. I looked like a baby unicorn that was getting ready to sprout its horn. Trying to hide it from my dad was not exactly fun, but I won't get too much into that. It was mainly sentences containing the words "dumbass", "stupid", etc.

After that incident, I never really did anything dumb enough to cause any injury. Lesson learned, y'know?

What about the rest of you?

Edit: I forgot about something I did when I was even younger. Probably just as dumb as what I mentioned above.

After getting out of a truck that we had been driving in for about two hours, I decided I wanted to find out how hot the exhaust pipe was. I don't even remember touching it. From what my dad tells me, he saw me touch it and collapse immediately.

All I remember is waking up with gauze on my hand. :|

Last edited by a moderator:

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
When I was in elementary school I used to love riding scooters. At the playground there was this huge paved ramp at about a 45 degree angle. I decided one day to ride down on my scooter. Long story short I end up flying off my scooter at the end, hitting a pole and getting hit in the face with one of the wheels. Looking back it was probably pretty funny to watch.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Oh I've done plenty of stupid things, but here's one I can remember:

A few years ago I was indulging in a bit of hardcore online MMORPGing as one younger gentleman does an...................ok I was playing Club Penguin :DOGE

As I was playing Club Penguin I was also scourging the internet for Club Penguin stuff and I found a way to get more money or skills or something like that so I decided to see how it would turn out. The process involved me going into my date/time and moving it forward some amount of time. I moved it forwards 5 years.

What I didn't know, that would come to be my undoing, is that the antivirus software ran out way before five years. And it used the computers clock to measure time. So of course when my dad came up to find out that I'd caused the antivirus software to expire he wasn't happy to say the least...

I retired to my room after a Sindelful screaming at and never moved the computer clock forward again...

Not as long ago I went back out with my ex for about two weeks then broke up with her admitting that I only did it because I knew she still liked me, and I know that doesn't sound too dumb but let's just say I wouldn't tell her that if I had the chance to again :oops:

Breaking my knee cap. Had to lie to everyone about how it happened- and I ain't about to say exactly how here either.

But I guess the dumbest decision after that was running the Yonkers marathon before it completely healed. Made it much worse, and that knee is still weaker on me today because it didn't heal properly.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
When we were younger my little brother & I use to pee in the phone jacks in our room in the apartments we lived in. Ghetto shit I know please don't judge me lol.

Okay so let me explain the severity of the situation before I get into my story. We grew up on section 8. That means that not only was my mother renting her apartment, but it meant that "we" the kids couldn't go fucking things up in said apartment. Didn't need to Landlord down her back about this and that. Gov assistance basically. So anyway one day one of my aunts came over and for some reason I wanted to show her this "Karate" move I had been working on all day in my room. My demonstration turned into me putting a big foot sized hole in the wall.

Now let me say that I probably wouldn't have gotten into as much trouble if I had just come forward with what I did, but nope lol. I had to come up with an elaborate plan to cover the hole up with a calender that my mom found later when she was helping me with my homework one night months down the line. I got my ass beat that night! Looking back my aunt was super cool about not snitching on me though lol. That has to be the dumbest thing I've ever done as a child.

E

Eldriken

One time I walked straight into a glass window face flat cuz i thought it was an open door.
I did something like that before.

I was at my cousin's house and they found a turtle out on their back porch. This was during the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles craze and I was like, "OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!" and went to run out on the porch and ran straight into the sliding glass door.

I cried like a little bitch.

ryublaze

Noob
I did something like that before.

I was at my cousin's house and they found a turtle out on their back porch. This was during the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles craze and I was like, "OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!" and went to run out on the porch and ran straight into the sliding glass door.

I cried like a little bitch.
lol how old were u? my incident happened just recently like 2 years ago. there were other people around me and they started laughing. :(

E

Eldriken

lol how old were u? my incident happened just recently like 2 years ago. there were other people around me and they started laughing. :(
I was like 9 or 10.

Had this happened two years ago like your incident, I'd have probably plowed right through the glass.

I was hauling ass, dude. Luckily for me, I wasn't big enough yet to have the momentum needed to break through a sliding glass door.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I had a grade 2 ankle sprain in high school that I got during basketball season; anybody who's played has probably done that open court drill 3 on 2 that transitions to 2 on 1 when you come back the other way. Anyway I was part of the final "2" and I'm a center, so I didn't really dribble much if I could help it. I grab the board and pass out to my teammate, who speeds up the left side of the court, and then I go busting up the right. The one defender is in the middle of the lane, and my guy bouncepasses me the ball in stride for me to go up for a layup, and when I do the moron defender steps directly on my shin, causing my foot to turn perpendicular to my leg at a 90 degree angle and giving me the sprain.

Anyway, there was a tourney a few weeks later and our team only had 7 guys, counting me; and in my infinite 16 year old wisdom the coach has me play anyway. I'm basically good for nothing but standing there at this point, but my man is at the top of the key with the ball on the left wing, and I read that the dude is going to try and pass up to my guy. Somehow I thought it would be a good idea to jump the lane and steal the ball, which miraculously I managed; and even more ridiculous was I beat my man down the floor with a 1 step head start (on a busted ankle with no dribbling skill in the first place). Anyway the guy was coming up behind me as I got closer to the rim, and somehow forgot my ankle was fucked up. I tried to plant all my weight on it and jump and completely crumbled, throwing the ball straight up and rolling around on the ground like I got shot and doubling up the damage from the original sprain and leaving me with an ankle that cracks pretty much whenever it moves and a tendon that does nothing

E

Eldriken

I had a grade 2 ankle sprain in high school that I got during basketball season; anybody who's played has probably done that open court drill 3 on 2 that transitions to 2 on 1 when you come back the other way. Anyway I was part of the final "2" and I'm a center, so I didn't really dribble much if I could help it. I grab the board and pass out to my teammate, who speeds up the left side of the court, and then I go busting up the right. The one defender is in the middle of the lane, and my guy bouncepasses me the ball in stride for me to go up for a layup, and when I do the moron defender steps directly on my shin, causing my foot to turn perpendicular to my leg at a 90 degree angle and giving me the sprain.

Anyway, there was a tourney a few weeks later and our team only had 7 guys, counting me; and in my infinite 16 year old wisdom the coach has me play anyway. I'm basically good for nothing but standing there at this point, but my man is at the top of the key with the ball on the left wing, and I read that the dude is going to try and pass up to my guy. Somehow I thought it would be a good idea to jump the lane and steal the ball, which miraculously I managed; and even more ridiculous was I beat my man down the floor with a 1 step head start (on a busted ankle with no dribbling skill in the first place). Anyway the guy was coming up behind me as I got closer to the rim, and somehow forgot my ankle was fucked up. I tried to plant all my weight on it and jump and completely crumbled, throwing the ball straight up and rolling around on the ground like I got shot and doubling up the damage from the original sprain and leaving me with an ankle that cracks pretty much whenever it moves and a tendon that does nothing
That...made me cringe. That sucks, dude. Ouch, ouch, ouch.