What's new

DS or X-Box 360 for UMK3?

Do you prefer the DS or The 360 for Competetive UMK3?

• Total voters

dubson

Noob
shouldve added the ps2 mka premium version. i havent played it yet but since its arcade perfect im assuming that would be the best for tourney play. otherwise i would say mame. since you can use psx pads (>>>360 pads)
PSX pads do > 360 pads,

But, the PS2 MKA Permium version blows hard, and in no way merits being on this poll.

360 all the way, there are a few problems, but I have had the least problems with it compared to mame/kaillera. People talk about the 360 lag issues as if it has nothing to do with them, the only times I have had lag was because someone on my side was downloading or the distances between me and my opponent were pretty far apart. So could someone please explain why people are blaming their lag issues on the 360 and not on themselves?

The 360 controls are not great, but it hasn't hindered my progress, much...

MaDWaK

Noob
360 all the way, there are a few problems, but I have had the least problems with it compared to mame/kaillera. People talk about the 360 lag issues as if it has nothing to do with them, the only times I have had lag was because someone on my side was downloading or the distances between me and my opponent were pretty far apart. So could someone please explain why people are blaming their lag issues on the 360 and not on themselves?

well I notice an amount lag on XBL compared to playing locally on 360. Trust me man, play about 6 or 7 local matches, then hop on xbl and play a few. im sure you will notice that the game is a bit slower and your timing is off. MAME is also laggy dont get me wrong, espically online Kail matches. but p2p is the same if not better then xbl. and the features of MAME ( such as the Cheat.dat file, button mapping) are a lot more friendly to umk3 then xbox is to umk3.

well I notice an amount lag on XBL compared to playing locally on 360. Trust me man, play about 6 or 7 local matches, then hop on xbl and play a few. im sure you will notice that the game is a bit slower and your timing is off. MAME is also laggy dont get me wrong, espically online Kail matches. but p2p is the same if not better then xbl. and the features of MAME ( such as the Cheat.dat file, button mapping) are a lot more friendly to umk3 then xbox is to umk3.

One main reason your timing is off comming from the DS UMK3, to XBL is because the DS versions gameplay is actually sped up. Play against the CPU one match on the DS, then switch to XBL and you'll see that the DS is much faster. Since it's faster, online seems less laggy on the DS when in actuality, it's is even worse than XBL. Also the button delay on the DS is like being in trapped in quick sand, it's rediculus.

But everyone has their own opinion but overall the Xbox is better for competitive UMK3 oppose to the DS.

I know that there is obviously going to be some lag online(button delay), but compared to anything else I have played, its the least hassle and I dont have to install and download anything. The DPAD is really horrible though, but I am planning on getting one of those arcade controls that are advertised on this site. Oh yeah, my laptop is really old and slow, so mame is not an option for me.

Also the button delay on the DS is like being in trapped in quick sand, it's rediculus.
Have you played it on PSP(Hacked)? I've never played the ds version, But i did have a little Button delay, and it pissed me off everytime i do a basic ermac juggle.

Sektor

Noob

QFT x 100.

So I'm not the only one who has pretty much no problems with xbox live!

Well, I started playing UMK3 again on the DS. I found a few challengers and then realized something. The DS is a complete joke. It wasn't until I played on XBLA did I realize this. I won't go into full detail on the specifics, but we need to convert all the DS only players to either mame, or XBL. The reason is, because there's no challenge among the DS only players. They think that that version is how this game is supposed to be played. Recently I played against a scrub who only JK the whole match with LIU KANG and won because of the massive button delay. It was like I was in jail, I couldn't do anything.

And if there are any DS only players at this forum, please realize that you are a joke. No scratch that, I don't mean you personally, but the DS is just too much of a joke to play. Get XBL and understand...please.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Well, I started playing UMK3 again on the DS. I found a few challengers and then realized something. The DS is a complete joke. It wasn't until I played on XBLA did I realize this. I won't go into full detail on the specifics, but we need to convert all the DS only players to either mame, or XBL. The reason is, because there's no challenge among the DS only players. They think that that version is how this game is supposed to be played. Recently I played against a scrub who only JK the whole match with LIU KANG and won because of the massive button delay. It was like I was in jail, I couldn't do anything.

And if there are any DS only players at this forum, please realize that you are a joke. No scratch that, I don't mean you personally, but the DS is just too much of a joke to play. Get XBL and understand...please.
Not trying to "troll" you or anything, but the delay was so bad that you couldnt sweep or anti air at all? And yes, I agree. Getting gold membership back my next check baby lol.

MAME all the way for me, but the DS version is still nice to have on the go.
Hmm, this is meant to be a poll on which umk3 you like for competitive play, not the one you think is nice. ;)

Im surprised to see more people prefer the DS over Mame/Kaillera, I reckon all those DS players have only ever played it on the DS. I just cant comprehend playing competitvely on a DS, everything about it is far too small and I hear the lag is the worst out of all the systems.