What's new

DS or X-Box 360 for UMK3?

Do you prefer the DS or The 360 for Competetive UMK3?

• Total voters
Which one do you prefer for competetive play? Not just for fun, but actual competition.

I prefer the 360. Bigger Screen, better game mechanics, better communication, and overall better. The DS is just too tiny and if there's ANY lag than you will lose.

EDIT: I'm not too familiar with MAME, and or Kaillera and I spelled Kaillera wrong in POLL. If its not the same oh well.

EDIT: This is strictly Net Play. No arcades nubz

Edit by Shock: Fixed Kaillera

I voted mame... because Xbox 360 connections fuckin suck so bad 90% of the time, game freezes, etc. lack of controls. I was an xbox person for so long, but I wont be playing on there anymore. THe competition is disrespectful, one sided delay... its really not as good as mame. Get in a good game with a good 1 or 2 people on mame and you wont go back to xbox.

DC HUSTLE 106 said:
i like how someone voted for mame lol.
You think xbox 360 online is better than mame, having played with good connections on both? alot? Xbox 360 fucking sucks almost everytime I get on unless its late night off peak hours, but I could hop on mame right now with most people and have a good solid match.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Phoenix said:
This is strictly Net Play. No arcades nubz
Boooooooo.

Offline, arcade cab, FTW.

But online, I'll go DS.

Just kidding. The DS version, for what it is, is good. But what it is, is a tiny version on a tiny screen, and cannot be taken seriously for competetive play.

Since I dont have a PC for Mame or Kaiilleeria (sp?), I'll say 360 port.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Pink Godzilla said:
Yo Punch, hehe, your sig is awesome. And its only text, lol...

PS- I hate your Cyrax...lol...and I man that with the most respect. Between Konqrr, you & MKF30, you make Cyrax like ASS tier :lol:

Shock said:
I should lock this thread for you disincluding the Arcade.
Well obviously the arcade is better. The only reason I didn't include it is because everyone would choose it. The only thing wrong with the arcade is the smell of B.O.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Phoenix said:
Shock said:
I should lock this thread for you disincluding the Arcade.
Well obviously the arcade is better. The only reason I didn't include it is because everyone would choose it. The only thing wrong with the arcade is the smell of B.O.
Hey now, my living room doesnt smell like B.O. :wink:

No matter what anybody says, the arcade cabinet, with sticks and big buttons, is the way MK was intended to play back before the console only versions.

I voted Kaillera since it's what I've played on since I started playing again and I'm use to a ps2 pad. I would have voted XBL next. The reason why is because it plays fine, bigger screen, if you have a stick that's even better, and you don't have to worry about level lag or using 050 all the time. At least with XBL or are not limited to using specific controls. I like the DS version just not as much as the others.

I really need to order an Ed stick. Maybe this week will be the week.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I believe he said that the discount was extended indefinitely, I'll have to recheck with him though, but I believe he posted that in the thread. If so We have to fix that info.

Shock said:
I believe he said that the discount was extended indefinitely, I'll have to recheck with him though, but I believe he posted that in the thread. If so We have to fix that info.
Yes he did, for UMK members he will hook us up forever :)

I'm probably going to buy another joystick at some point from him as well, just because :D

Tim Static

Adminerator
Frankiebonez said:
Shock said:
Yes he did, for UMK members he will hook us up forever :)

I'm probably going to buy another joystick at some point from him as well, just because :D
Me too. I am gonna order a Japanese SF stick too, with Venom on it, for 360 SF's. (HF, 3s & HD Remix)

Then, I am gonna try to get a 2 player Dreamcast stick for tounries, as well at some point, I want a Jamma-In-A-Box with UMK3 or MvC2 for tournies.

I am helping out with a SF tounrament next month at a local game shop, and later this spring, I have having a UMK3/MKII tournamet at my bowlin alley.

:D

Frankiebonez said:
DC HUSTLE 106 said:
You think xbox 360 online is better than mame, having played with good connections on both? alot? Xbox 360 fucking sucks almost everytime I get on unless its late night off peak hours, but I could hop on mame right now with most people and have a good solid match.
There is nothing wrong with mame, i just think 360 is smoother.

DC HUSTLE 106 said:
Frankiebonez said:
DC HUSTLE 106 said:
wow really. Thats exactly how I feel about mame, I think its just generally smoother play even when you compare both offline. Only thing I wish there wasnt in the mame version is the choppy audio, but I really dont even notice it in the middle of fights, I'm to much in the zone haha.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'm for the DS obviously lol. :p

I'm actually surprised at the MAME votes, interesting, I too btw was wondering about "arcade" addition like Shock brought up but the BO smell is funny :lol: true, but funny

Noob
Scheisse said:
Right now for me
DS > Mame > XBLA

I like the speed of DS compared to the other two, that is what puts it over the top for me. The other two seem unresponsive after playing DS.

There are some mames that allow you to play umk3 at this speed however. I think it is offline only though.
The speed is exactly what caused me to vote for the DS as well. IMO, if they ever upgraded UMK3 on the 360, adding a speed setting(matching the DS speed) and adding a training mode would put that back at the top.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
9.95 said:
Scheisse said:
Right now for me
DS > Mame > XBLA

I like the speed of DS compared to the other two, that is what puts it over the top for me. The other two seem unresponsive after playing DS.

There are some mames that allow you to play umk3 at this speed however. I think it is offline only though.
The speed is exactly what caused me to vote for the DS as well. IMO, if they ever upgraded UMK3 on the 360, adding a speed setting(matching the DS speed) and adding a training mode would put that back at the top.
Me as well, partially. The speed thing definitely adds zest and helps with the gameplay IMO which is already good, training mode would be cool.

Frankiebonez said:
DC HUSTLE 106 said:
Frankiebonez said:
DC HUSTLE 106 said:
wow really. Thats exactly how I feel about mame, I think its just generally smoother play even when you compare both offline. Only thing I wish there wasnt in the mame version is the choppy audio, but I really dont even notice it in the middle of fights, I'm to much in the zone haha.
Naw i think 360 got mame.