What's new

DS or X-Box 360 for UMK3?

Do you prefer the DS or The 360 for Competetive UMK3?

• Total voters
I just tried to play on the DS again and its fucking garbage! I can't punish a slide?... what the F?!?!?! I can't punish anything really. It's so fucking horrible it's not even funny. And add that plus tiny controls and lag... yeah the DS fucking sucks! XBL has issues every now and then but no matter what XBL 360 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DS end of story.

Scheisse said:
Phoenix said:
I just tried to play on the DS again and its fucking garbage! I can't punish a slide?... what the F?!?!?! I can't punish anything really. It's so fucking horrible it's not even funny. And add that plus tiny controls and lag... yeah the DS fucking sucks! XBL has issues every now and then but no matter what XBL 360 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DS end of story.
lol, you lag and can't handle a tiny portable. :lol:
you lag. There isn't that bad of lag on the 360. Sometimes there is when your opponent lives across the world and when XBL is having troubles. But there's just as much lag on the DS as the 360. BUt the DS is also tiny, and I can't punish anyone. They sped up the gameplay which sped up everything else. Hey maybe if we start a flame war on this topic, this thread will get close too. :roll:

No I can do all the same moves on the DS as the 360. There's something wrong with the actual DS game itself not the controls. On the DS you can win by sliding and not being punished, that will never happen on the 360. The gameplay is sped up so everything else is as well. Like the recovery time. You recover too fast in the DS version of the game. And button delay is inevidible on the DS. The DS will never be a good UMK3 platform ever.

ZAQ

Noob
I can punish slides. At least everyone knows how to beat you now.

If everything is the same, just faster, find a way to counter faster.

Things aren't fucked here, Donny

I cast my vote for the 360 but as of lately I think it freeking blows ass, though I would have voted for n64 trilogy as my favorite way to play the game cause of the speed increase.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I personally also love the feel of the DS here with the speed being a better thing actually(IMO), delay seems less to me as oppose to the 360 when I played it at my friends house, also not sure if this ever happened to anyone else on here...but there were lots of times when I'm searching on the 360 and the damn thing freezes? :shock:

Is that normal? Because a few other people have told me it happens from time to time

It can happen on the DS but not often

DS all the way, the xbox 360 controllers SUCK for umk3 even an arcade stick I have for it isn't good enough atleast on the ds I can pull off the damn moves.

Just tried to play DS on WiFi again and it was terrible. The DS is pathetic. When you can't punish smokes teleport punch, then you know somethings wrong. JK's are hitting me when they shouldn't, combos are breaking for some odd reason, when I try to jump towards I jump straight up, just so many things that would NEVER happen on the 360. I challenge anyone that started on the DS to play me on the 360. I'll play you 5 games on the DS, then 5 on the 360. I bet you $100,000 and my left nut, that you won't beat me on the 360.

It's amazing to me how much of a joke UMK on DS is, and people actually take it serious. And the online delay is WAYYYY worse than XBL will ever be. The sped up gameplay is GARBAGE!!! It just makes the game bootleg. I wish all the DS players would get a 360, and get XBL so they can see how big of a difference it is.

The even funnier thing is that even with all the flaws, all the players who play me get destroyed. On the 360 there's at least some randoms who can put up a fight. I'm not talking about the good players, but the randoms that you match up with when you search.

The DS for UMK3 blows, End Of Story! :wink:

Tim Static

Adminerator
DemonsBoxer said:
DS all the way, the xbox 360 controllers SUCK for umk3 even an arcade stick I have for it isn't good enough atleast on the ds I can pull off the damn moves.
The arcade stick you have is a Hori, and Hori blows. Especially since you cant configure the buttons and its not a MK layout.

iammud

Noob
dreemernj said:
Pink Godzilla said:
Technically it's already illegal if you didn't dump the ROM yourself.
Technically there isn't any protection for having the ROM even if you have the game.

You can keep backup copies of software, but only on the same media. So you can make a copy of your arcade machine ROMs for safe keeping, but only on ROM chips ;-)
way off subject but...
Deemer:
If this were the case, then the only way you could legally have music on an ipod is through something like itunes... or places like consoleclassix wouldn't be able to function... and roms would be illegal period.

Some buddies of mine were going to open a mame arcade with online capabilities, they got a lawyer into the mix and he layed out all the legal issues involved with it.

Ironically you don't even need the jamma board to legally run a game, all you need to own is the romset... if the jamma uses a bios chip then you have to back that up as well... same goes for console games... you don't need to own a atari 2600 to play 2600 games on your colecovision :D

pink:
That's exactly what I'm saying, if you need to run 2 copies of an identical rom, this can't be legal. Each romset has to be its own individual dump. That user doesn't have to dump his OWN romset per say, it just has to be the only instance of THAT romset running period...

update: according to civ it is possible to run 2 different romsets of the same version game w/ different serials...

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
i voted ds but is there anyway to get the ds on a bigger screen with an adapter? i know the graphics would suck hard tho....

I finally got a RE (Range Expander) for my router so I can play my DS just about anywhere in my house. Since I have no 360 at the moment I'll be playing on it for awhile so feel free to add my ReLyT account.

The DS version is just so lame. Nightwolf's shoulder rush is like Kabal's Spin! And alot of miscellaneous stuff as well. But it will keep me occupied when I'm at home!!

I'm actually gonna look into Kaillera because I have a laptop and from CD, and DC I hear its better than XBL so...!

summoning

Noncompliance to ASTM F 899-12 Standard
mame is the best , im not so good anyways compared to many people on xbox . It seems i can hold my own better on the arcade and or mame.

xbox is usually lagged , which people take full advantage of and i have no idea how to counter.

yea yea yea whatever , my vote def goes to the ds for a few reasons being like first of all the d-pad works and isn't retarded like the 360s( def have to warm up on 360's d pad to get the reflex's going)aka sub zeros infront ice shower, real annoying. another thing is eazer for me at lest to find games, the ds just seems to have better game play vs the 360' port. and aside from that i think maybe some players need to stop playing cyborg smoke all the time, i mean i understand if the other guys picks kabal but c'mon over and over again thats just butch

Tim Static

Adminerator
This thread is now pretty stupid.

95% of the poeple who voted for DS only voted for DS becasue its the only version they have, not that its better.

We've learned nothing from this thread other than the fact people dont take time to read before they post. :rolleyes:

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
This thread is now pretty stupid.

95% of the poeple who voted for DS only voted for DS becasue its the only version they have, not that its better.

We've learned nothing from this thread other than the fact people dont take time to read before they post. :rolleyes:
i voted ds because i like the speed and it seems to lag a lot less than xbl did when i had it. plus the pad for me is easier to use tho the screen is frickin tiny. kaillera sucks for me cuz i have a shitty comp and well, i would vote arcade actually...but its not there.

EDIT: sry if i came off rude

MaDWaK

Noob
shouldve added the ps2 mka premium version. i havent played it yet but since its arcade perfect im assuming that would be the best for tourney play. otherwise i would say mame. since you can use psx pads (>>>360 pads)