What's new

Match-up Discussion DS Matchup Chart after a year into IGAU

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
He definitely cannot.

Add me on XBL for a demonstration.
i dont really play this game online because i hate the netcode and i dont think the game is enjoyable online to almost any degree but ill give it a shot whats your gt?

i also don't think he would be able to compete with zoning online because most of the shit he has to do to compete is completely reactionary and we all know how that works out online. if you're going to be at CEO i would be more than happy to mm you if i end up there. if not the next one ill be at is summer jam, tfc and NEC. my budget isnt the greatest but ill make sure i can set aside at least 30 bucks to do it.

Last edited:

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
From the limited experience of my DS, I think he goes even with or might be at a slight disadvantage against Cyborg. Cyborg gets to control the pace because he wins the zoning war, which means that DS has to make his way in on Cyborg's terms.

As a side note, if anybody wants to lose their mind then they should watch this MU being played. It's @General M2Dave 's dream come true.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
From the limited experience of my DS, I think he goes even with or might be at a slight disadvantage against Cyborg. Cyborg gets to control the pace because he wins the zoning war, which means that DS has to make his way in on Cyborg's terms.

As a side note, if anybody wants to lose their mind then they should watch this MU being played. It's @General M2Dave 's dream come true.
It might be showcased on Saturday ;)

TKB

Noob
Any Deathstroke players wanna run the K.Frost matchup? I've been meaning to actually sit down and learn this one but haven't gotten around to it.

XBL: Sultan of Sw1ng

I'll also x-copy any cool stuff I see since DS is my secondary.
I would love to run that matchup with you, I have exp in it from fighting @RunwayMafia

Im only on psn though :(

Sorry but up close, it is a true nightmare for cyborg haha 5 5 at worse for ds.

M2Dave

Zoning Master

The pre-patch Deathstroke mirror was a lot of worse.

What is Deathstroke versus Sinestro, by the way?

And why is my Deathstroke bad?

Well yea, that's the idea. But i'm saying that I think it's difficult for DS to close the gap without eating alot of chip or damage.
Chip in this game is meh usually, plus the zoning game isnt bad since both must guess what the other might do. A ds shouldn't be worried about blocking some to get in. Just zoning is not enough to win a MU vs DS IMO.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
The pre-patch Deathstroke mirror was a lot of worse.

What is Deathstroke versus Sinestro, by the way?

And why is my Deathstroke bad?
5-5 imo. lol because he has to play more aggressively in many MUs, which isn't your strength.

Chip in this game is meh usually, plus the zoning game isnt bad since both must guess what the other might do. A ds shouldn't be worried about blocking some to get in. Just zoning is not enough to win a MU vs DS IMO.
Cyborg does pretty good chip, especially by this game's standards. Anyways it's not really about the chip so much as it is about controlling DS's movement, which I think Cyborg can do well.

5-5 imo. lol because he has to play more aggressively in many MUs, which isn't your strength.

Cyborg does pretty good chip, especially by this game's standards. Anyways it's not really about the chip so much as it is about controlling DS's movement, which I think Cyborg can do well.
Well ds could just corner him........ then I dnt need to explain what happens next lol. Also if ds gets a lead then cyborg has to come in which isnt what he wants to do at all. So it is all based on positions and life leads I suppose, 5 5 is fine by me.

deg222

Best Zatanna that uses Aquaman
@Revolver and @deg222, pls explain the ds matchup vs ur mains, I haven't ran into a solid lex or zatanna with ds.
I honestly wished I had more experience vs DS but I'll tell you my experiences. This MU can get lame very quickly because it's easy for either character to sit on the life lead. As far as the zoning war goes, neither character is a dominating and a lot of trading goes on. And of course Zatanna's teleport can be a factor if used correctly.

If Zatanna blocks any gun shots, she gets a free ring toss.... if DS tries to shoot again, both characters trade. The opposite can be said if DS blocks a ring toss.

Then when Zatanna gets a bar of meter, she should be focusing on getting to midscreen so she can win a projectile trade with her MB ring toss. Using MB ring toss at fullscreen means DS can get every gun shot out on a MB quick fire before he's hit by the MB ring toss.

Zatanna's puppet master can also be used sparingly in the MU as well. Even though it is punishable on block, at full screen DS needs to do a reversal timing on his quick fire to punish.... and if the Zatanna player is being smart, she'll sneak one in without him being to react in time.

DS's mixups are still viable in the MU too because she still has to guess which side you're hitting and teleport the correct way. If she teleports wrong, she teleports into your jump attack. And of course Zatanna doesn't have to deal with your wakeup attacks at all because she should always be doing standing resets.

5-5 are my numbers

I honestly wished I had more experience vs DS but I'll tell you my experiences. This MU can get lame very quickly because it's easy for either character to sit on the life lead. As far as the zoning war goes, neither character is a dominating and a lot of trading goes on. And of course Zatanna's teleport can be a factor if used correctly.

If Zatanna blocks any gun shots, she gets a free ring toss.... if DS tries to shoot again, both characters trade. The opposite can be said if DS blocks a ring toss.

Then when Zatanna gets a bar of meter, she should be focusing on getting to midscreen so she can win a projectile trade with her MB ring toss. Using MB ring toss at fullscreen means DS can get every gun shot out on a MB quick fire before he's hit by the MB ring toss.

Zatanna's puppet master can also be used sparingly in the MU as well. Even though it is punishable on block, at full screen DS needs to do a reversal timing on his quick fire to punish.... and if the Zatanna player is being smart, she'll sneak one in without him being to react in time.

DS's mixups are still viable in the MU too because she still has to guess which side you're hitting and teleport the correct way. If she teleports wrong, she teleports into your jump attack. And of course Zatanna doesn't have to deal with your wakeup attacks at all because she should always be doing standing resets.

5-5 are my numbers
Solid input for sure, thanks.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
@Revolver and @deg222, pls explain the ds matchup vs ur mains, I haven't ran into a solid lex or zatanna with ds.
STOP TAGGING ME WRONG

anyway lol

My goal fullscreen is to nullify your zoning as much as I can so I can get my trait out. I actually trade in my favor if it's not machine gun, so I'll throw lance blasts occasionally. If I throw mb probes out it gives me trait, which you can break with guns (but I won't take chip on block) but once I'm in with it, I'm in. I'll usually end combos with trait or mines midscreen, since I can punish sword flips normally and have the option of pushblocking sword spin for another setup, giving me decent oki options. In the corner, probes shut down your options so I'll do that. Up close it's relatively even, you not having something quick-multihittng and safe helps when I have trait on. DS probably has better normals overall though. But otherwise the guns and not getting braindead oki stuff means DS probably wins, but I think just 4-6.

STOP TAGGING ME WRONG

anyway lol

My goal fullscreen is to nullify your zoning as much as I can so I can get my trait out. I actually trade in my favor if it's not machine gun, so I'll throw lance blasts occasionally. If I throw mb probes out it gives me trait, which you can break with guns (but I won't take chip on block) but once I'm in with it, I'm in. I'll usually end combos with trait or mines midscreen, since I can punish sword flips normally and have the option of pushblocking sword spin for another setup, giving me decent oki options. In the corner, probes shut down your options so I'll do that. Up close it's relatively even, you not having something quick-multihittng and safe helps when I have trait on. DS probably has better normals overall though. But otherwise the guns and not getting braindead oki stuff means DS probably wins, but I think just 4-6.
Oops lmao, I shall tag u right next time I tag ya and thanks for the input

Anbu

AnbuSasukePro/KHAOTIC_ANBUx
I don't know if this has been discussed yet but I'm really having trouble against WoWo. Her b2 out ranges any of Deathstrokes footsies her anti air is amazing so no jumping. Her pressure is better than DS and her sword stance prevents a large percentage of chip damage she gets while trying to get in. Any tips would be very much appreciated.

TKB

Noob
I don't know if this has been discussed yet but I'm really having trouble against WoWo. Her b2 out ranges any of Deathstrokes footsies her anti air is amazing so no jumping. Her pressure is better than DS and her sword stance prevents a large percentage of chip damage she gets while trying to get in. Any tips would be very much appreciated.
I think it's just a tough matchup overall. Her b2 straight up destroys me whenever I fight her :( I have the same problems you do. I usually try the lame route and zone, I get some life lead and can keep her out for a bit but not long... Demigoddess will get her in. In my experience against her I would get pushed into the corner and the first chance I had I would immediately reverse her into the corner for DS HKD game(they're both mostly even in the corner except for OTG's). Other than that she definitely fucks DS up close.. Wish I could be more help man.

Anbu

AnbuSasukePro/KHAOTIC_ANBUx
I think it's just a tough matchup overall. Her b2 straight up destroys me whenever I fight her :( I have the same problems you do. I usually try the lame route and zone, I get some life lead and can keep her out for a bit but not long... Demigoddess will get her in. In my experience against her I would get pushed into the corner and the first chance I had I would immediately reverse her into the corner for DS HKD game(they're both mostly even in the corner except for OTG's). Other than that she definitely fucks DS up close.. Wish I could be more help man.
Yeah it sounds like me and you are in the same situation. It's probably 5-5 but it definitely doesn't feel like it from my point of view especially if the only option is to zone her out which is hard for DS to do.

Reactions: TKB

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
I always thought it was just me having trouble with this MU cause I would never hear anyone say anything about. WW can just get the life lead and go into sword and shield stance and just sit back and force you to come in. When she's in normal stance, she moves a lot more freely than DS and her normals reach much farther, she wins the close up game as well. Sure you can back dash some of her pressure, but if she reads it, she can just catch you with a B2. She's gonna eventually get in with demigoddess.

In the corner, I get pretty much lost on what to do to get her off of you besides push block. I think you can do quick shots when she tries to do two B2s in the corner in a row, but I'm not 100% sure about that. Only way I can really see DS beating her is if he's on point with his zoning and keeps her out the entire time.