What's new

DragonBall Xenoverse Livestream

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
For all the DBZ game fans, on Thursday, Dec. 4th at 5:00 P.M. PST Bandai Namco will be hosting a live stream to answer questions about their upcoming game DragonBall Xenoverse. Things such as character customizations, transformations, gameplay, etc. will all be discussed.
Here is the 1 frame link to the article: http://bandainamcous.tumblr.com/post/103665921381/its-time-to-show-off-some-dragon-ball-xenoverse
And the link to the live stream:http://www.twitch.tv/bandainamcous
I really hope the game does well. And from the looks of it they came to their senses and realizes that fans were willing to buy a game really similar to Tenkaichi 3.
@EnergyKD
@FOREVER KING
@VenomX-90
@ZigZag
Any other dbz fans

Last edited:

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
For all the DBZ game fans, on Thursday, Dec. 4th at 5:00 P.M. PST Bandai Namco will be hosting a live stream to answer questions about their upcoming game DragonBall Xenoverse. Things such as character customizations, transformations, gameplay, etc. will all be discussed.
Here is the 1 frame link to the article: http://bandainamcous.tumblr.com/post/103665921381/its-time-to-show-off-some-dragon-ball-xenoverse
And the link to the live stream:http://www.twitch.tv/bandainamcous
I really hope the game does well. And from the looks of it they came to their senses and realizes that fans were willing to buy a game really similar to Tenkaichi 3.
@EnergyKD
@FOREVER KING
@VenomX-90
Any other dbz fans
Cool, this will be my third DBZ game that Im gonna get and that is actually looks pretty good. thnx for the mention.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
Lol no problem. I hope this one is good.
DBZ was my childhood and since the HD release of Budokai 1 & 3. I've been wanting something online bad. I know not may people liked Ultimate Tenkaichi, but I enjoyed it for the character customization. I hope they do something like this and if they do. I'll be the first to buy it.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
There's a lot of good things about the gameplay I've seen that makes the game look much better than what I saw prior to this.

The 1v1 local looks really nice honestly. What worried me is the lack of energy and guard meters for the opponent...good to see that at least local 1v1 removes this deficiency. The camera also operates similar to Budokai, but much more freely in comparison.

Getting to see the game from that angle really shows how fast movement is, too. A big problem with Tenkaichi/Raging Blast/Battle of Z is that without using aura dashing, the movement is pretty sluggish, so there's no way to actually space your melee stuff. This changes the way the game feels entirely. The parry mechanic is also nice, and it seems there's a variety of rush strings for each character. And what I'm seeing for the teleports is VERY nice, as they are not only costly, but aren't nearly as difficult to punish as Budokai. Thankfully it's possible offensively as well.

Overall, this is the other game I'm excited for besides MKX. Dimps being involved in XV is exactly why I was so excited for the game. They are making it look very promising.

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I didn't catch the live stream, but saw some old footage on youtube. From what you guys have seen, do you think this will be close to DBZ Budokai gameplay? I like what I've seen, it looks fun and more competitive than other DBZ games that weren't the Budokai series.

Honestly, I haven't payed attention to this game at all because I just figured it was another non Budokai DBZ game (if you can't tell, I'm a fan of the Budokai series). But what I saw on youtube, the game looks pretty good.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
I didn't catch the live stream, but saw some old footage on youtube. From what you guys have seen, do you think this will be close to DBZ Budokai gameplay? I like what I've seen, it looks fun and more competitive than other DBZ games that weren't the Budokai series.

Honestly, I haven't payed attention to this game at all because I just figured it was another non Budokai DBZ game (if you can't tell, I'm a fan of the Budokai series). But what I saw on youtube, the game looks pretty good.
It seems like it'll be good. It's not something I would buy without going over reviews first tho.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends

From what I can see, it has Budokai elements, but it won't be close at all. It will still feel closer to Tenkaichi, but it has a lot more going for it in terms of depth. There's parries, bursts, a great deal of meter management, baitable teleports, quick walking speeds, and a host of other things. It honestly looks like a cross between all the DBZ games we've had so far, but looks to have much more care taken for it.

E

Eldriken

I still want Budokai 4. :|

I just hope this one is better than Battle of Z. That game made me want to shoot myself in the foot for spending $60 on it. I don't think I'll be doing blind buys for DBZ games ever again.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
Watched the stream last night and was pleasantly surprised. Thank God, that split-screen bs on local matches is gone.

But, to be honest, this just looks like the Naruto: Ultimate Ninja series but with Dragonball characters. Mechanics look very similar. Not a bad thing though. It's not Budokai 4 but looks enjoyable and sounds like they plan to release a lot of post-release content as well as balancing patches.

Only disappointing part of the stream...apparently custom "Buu" fighters have to look like Fat Buu. -_- Unless you go female.