What's new

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z (PS3/360/VITA)

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
I'd also like to say how happy I am that everyone is enjoying the game and that alot of people are going to purchase it :D

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Tried an online match. So choppy, but I'm playing at 4 in the morning...I'm probably playing overseas people.

THTB

I've won 60% of mine :p

I think you need some decent support players most idiots play support like Kid Gohan and don't look out for healing their team mates.
My last match was me (Piccolo) and 3 Krillins. -_-

And yeah, that does happen a lot. People are still learning lol.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
My last match was me (Piccolo) and 3 Krillins. -_-

And yeah, that does happen a lot. People are still learning lol.
Yeah you definitely need a Goku for brute force, a Piccolo spams ki blasts Kid gohan for simply healing and either a Krillin or another Goku.

THTB

Yeah you definitely need a Goku for brute force, a Piccolo spams ki blasts Kid gohan for simply healing and either a Krillin or another Goku.
Piccolo's insanely good at pulling teammates out of tough double teams cuz of Demon Hand, and HZG is probably going to be insane when you knockdown someone. He's a strong offensive support character, it seems.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Ahhhh Of course I completely ignored the fact saiyans get granted a huge fighting advantage when defeated in battle so it's possible Broly could've been boosted enough to give Gohan and his brother and Trunks so much trouble that he did.

Also if you can keep your levels that will be legit ^_^
To be fair, I think the writers also forgot that :p

And Johnny San, gtfo with your scans and proof :p

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
So I guess this is like Anarchy Reigns in sense? Not really a fan of the Tenkaichi style of games, not sure how they improved post-PS2 era though. All the characters unlocked at the start?

THTB

So I guess this is like Anarchy Reigns in sense? Not really a fan of the Tenkaichi style of games, not sure how they improved post-PS2 era though. All the characters unlocked at the start?
No idea how Anarchy Reigns is, but it only holds some basic aspects of Tenkaichi. It's more of a MOBA. Judging from the demo, you'll have to play the single-player and unlock everyone. Whiiiiiiiiich...can suck my left nut.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
No idea how Anarchy Reigns is, but it only holds some basic aspects of Tenkaichi. It's more of a MOBA. Judging from the demo, you'll have to play the single-player and unlock everyone. Whiiiiiiiiich...can suck my left nut.
Not sure if you know what a MOBA is THTB lol
I get it kinda? but It's not really a MOBA.

THTB

Not sure if you know what a MOBA is THTB lol
I get it kinda? but It's not really a MOBA.
No, I do. It's not a MOBA, like, full-on MOBA. I couldn't think of anything better to call it, so I just say it's sorta like a MOBA lol.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
No, I do. It's not a MOBA, like, full-on MOBA. I couldn't think of anything better to call it, so I just say it's sorta like a MOBA lol.
See I get how it's got things like a MOBA, but then I was wondering if you thought it was very similar to one lol >.<

Yeah I can see some quality that makes it feel that way.

Shadowkuma

Ronin of NYC
Beast Mode. However my only problem is that the lag situation is fierce and the fact that you have to rely on others to help you charge up. I am hoping when it is finalized that they improve a lot of the features.

THTB

Beast Mode. However my only problem is that the lag situation is fierce and the fact that you have to rely on others to help you charge up. I am hoping when it is finalized that they improve a lot of the features.
Lag was bad for the first match for me, but afterwards, it wasn't really noticable. I've even played just not too long ago in a pretty good connection. It might be PSN, though. On XBL it's not too bad.

People still aren't using supports right, so it kinda blows to go into a match by yourself.

Piccolo feels really solid, but since there's not many characters to use, I can't tell whether he'll stay this good. He's a damn good interrupt due to his pull, which also gives him an infinite. He just has a shitty ranged game, and probably will get really picked off by the mages of the game.

broly, or any other saiyan is supposed to get a huge power buff after having a near death experience. Maybe he gets an even bigger power boost because he is the legendary super saiyan.

Shadowkuma

Ronin of NYC
Lag was bad for the first match for me, but afterwards, it wasn't really noticable. I've even played just not too long ago in a pretty good connection. It might be PSN, though. On XBL it's not too bad.

People still aren't using supports right, so it kinda blows to go into a match by yourself.

Piccolo feels really solid, but since there's not many characters to use, I can't tell whether he'll stay this good. He's a damn good interrupt due to his pull, which also gives him an infinite. He just has a shitty ranged game, and probably will get really picked off by the mages of the game.
I plan on acquiring it, so hit me up if you do. I actually enjoyed using krillin.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Kinda beat the transformed guys are different characters. Maybe it keeps the balance better though, so the Saiyans just don't bitch slap everyone