What's new

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z (PS3/360/VITA)

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Oh dear it's impossible to make that possible you just have to accept that like 90% of them are non cannon.
I still get pissed watching the second Broly one and seeing Gohan needing all that help to kill him, even though it'd have to take place after he had his training for Buu and was super badass without going SS

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
I still get pissed watching the second Broly one and seeing Gohan needing all that help to kill him, even though it'd have to take place after he had his training for Buu and was super badass without going SS
Yeah that confuses me, where as I understand Broly was way stronger than any of them as Super Saiyans He is not able to defeat someone at SSJ2 but yet he still tramples over them in that movie, and he couldn't have gotten stronger floating in space...

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
It's been a long time since I've seen that one, but from what I remember, but I see that movie taking place before Buu's appearance. Which would explain why he wasn't strong enough. But, there's so many plot holes in the movies it's impossible to place majority of them into the timeline.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
It's been a long time since I've seen that one, but from what I remember, but I see that movie taking place before Buu's appearance. Which would explain why he wasn't strong enough. But, there's so many plot holes in the movies it's impossible to place majority of them into the timeline.
Naaah A super Saiyan 2 is supposed to be more powerful than Broly so that still wouldn't make sense.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
And who the fuck thought Bio-Broly was a good idea? I've only read the plot, but Android 18, Hercule, Goten and Kid Trunks as the protagonists?
that was a bad movie tbf, I barely made it through.

Battle of Gods is by far one of the best movies it was actually very good, I think I liked it most because it left me with alot to ponder about and there's nothing I like more than breaking down DBZ stuff :3

Tree of might was also very good, the first Broly movie, The Janemba movie lots of good ones still :D

A bit more on topic I think what I look forward to most is just hearing more of Bills and Whis with their English voice actors :p

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
Naaah A super Saiyan 2 is supposed to be more powerful than Broly so that still wouldn't make sense.
That's true, but during Gohan's fight against Dabura, Vegeta said Gohan had lost a lot of power compared to when he was kid and fought Cell. Even Goku agreed he had slacked off. XD

And bio Broly, let's not get into. lol Though I did like #18 getting some star treatment.

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
So far, Battle mode is awesome. Co-Op sucks ass since these early missions have weak ass enemies and everyone is juicing up with those cards.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
That's true, but during Gohan's fight against Dabura, Vegeta said Gohan had lost a lot of power compared to when he was kid and fought Cell. Even Goku agreed he had slacked off. XD

And bio Broly, let's not get into. lol Though I did like #18 getting some star treatment.
You know that's very true he did lose alot of power and he wasn't at full stregnth, so who knows maybe broly was arguably stronger.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Broly is like Goku/Gohan/Vegeta when they "max" their power levels and get really bulky. Trunks did this vs. Cell and was more powerful than cell, but lost his speed. Broly is like that but doesn't lose speed and the interesting thing is supposedly he continues to grow in power naturally over time. This is seen in the first Broly movie, but not the second. Also Mystic Gohan gets his ass beat by Hirudegarn or w/e the hell its name was, wtf is up with that? lol

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Isn't Broly's power unlimited? I seem to remember him working almost like the Hulk in that regard
Something or the other, but Goku "killed" him before it was a thing. That's another one, it has adult Trunks so it means they took a break from the androids or cell to go chill with Broly's dad, but didn't mention they needed help (no Super Saiyan Gohan so it wasn't after the Games because that would have been too awesome to handle and Goku wasn't dead). I know they at least explained in the one with the pirate guy (don't remember his name because I only saw it once. Had a tournament thing and Gohan fucked his day up in the end) that Trunks rigged the machine to come back and hang out

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Broly is like Goku/Gohan/Vegeta when they "max" their power levels and get really bulky. Trunks did this vs. Cell and was more powerful than cell, but lost his speed. Broly is like that but doesn't lose speed and the interesting thing is supposedly he continues to grow in power naturally over time. This is seen in the first Broly movie, but not the second. Also Mystic Gohan gets his ass beat by Hirudegarn or w/e the hell its name was, wtf is up with that? lol
That the Legend of the Dragon or whatever? With the flute playing hero guy? That's one thing that always bothered me about shit after the Cell saga, Gohan gets his ass beat a lot even though Goku said Gohan's way stronger than him. Early Buu saga there was a reason, everything else is bullshit (Gohan's my boy if you couldn't tell)

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
That the Legend of the Dragon or whatever? With the flute playing hero guy? That's one thing that always bothered me about shit after the Cell saga, Gohan gets his ass beat a lot even though Goku said Gohan's way stronger than him. Early Buu saga there was a reason, everything else is bullshit (Gohan's my boy if you couldn't tell)
Goku actually said Gohan was stronger than he was AFTER he went mystic? Where and is it cannon? My friends and I argue ssj3 goku vs. mystic gohan all the time.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Goku actually said Gohan was stronger than he was AFTER he went mystic? Where and is it cannon? My friends and I argue ssj3 goku vs. mystic gohan all the time.
Yeah, to be fair that was before he could go SSJ3. I don't remember exactly, Gohan can still go Super Saiyan after his training with the Supreme Kai, right? I remembered him saying something like he was so strong he didn't need to, not that he couldn't. Because I feel like him in SSJ2 (or Ascended, whatever it technically was he hit when he killed Cell) could give SSJ3 Goku a run for his money

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
So I got a chance to play the demo and play online. I like it. I'm buying it when it comes out. Looks good on the vita. I just hope that it lets us keep our save files from the demo.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Yes but a SSJ2 is still supposed to be above broly's power, however gohan was slacking alot.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
So I got a chance to play the demo and play online. I like it. I'm buying it when it comes out. Looks good on the vita. I just hope that it lets us keep our save files from the demo.
Highly doubt it will but the games fun isn't it!?
Can be a cluster fuck but it's fun none the less ^_^

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
Yes but a SSJ2 is still supposed to be above broly's power, however gohan was slacking alot.
Yeah. I do believe SSJ2 is much stronger than that form.

Also, it just occurred to me, that if Broly's like Goku/Vegeta, he gets a big power boost whenever he recovers from a battle. So I guess it is possible that he got stronger floating in space all those years. XD

ThaShiveGeek I think I read that you will be able to keep your save file from the demo and transfer it over to the full version. Lemme see if I can find the article. I could be wrong though...

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Yeah. I do believe SSJ2 is much stronger than that form.

Also, it just occurred to me, that if Broly's like Goku/Vegeta, he gets a big power boost whenever he recovers from a battle. So I guess it is possible that he got stronger floating in space all those years. XD

ThaShiveGeek I think I read that you will be able to keep your save file from the demo and transfer it over to the full version. Lemme see if I can find the article. I could be wrong though...
Ahhhh Of course I completely ignored the fact saiyans get granted a huge fighting advantage when defeated in battle so it's possible Broly could've been boosted enough to give Gohan and his brother and Trunks so much trouble that he did.

Also if you can keep your levels that will be legit ^_^