What's new

Double Ground Pound

ZAQ

Noob
Pretty much only good for psych tactics.
It is slightly more useful than auto fire gp, which is easier to avoid.

dvdcsn

Noob
Well after awhile reading the double GP won't be too hard which leaves an easier chance open for your opponent to JK in without you countering.

I see what you're saying, but the same could be said about the regular ol' single ground pound. You don't wanna try to do it in a high risk situation (i.e. GP when you know there's a good chance of the opponent going for the jumpkick or countering). To even utilize it effectively, you have to master its execution first. One method in particular I remember metioning, the one about rapidly tapping your finger, is easy to execute but very hard to control and probably shouldn't be used in a high risk matchup unless you can do it on command (This is the same method I used throughout the MGP Part I vid, but I was toying around there and would not use that particular method in a real match unless the risk was low and the benefit high).

There were several safer methods that ACE mentioned that are harder to execute, but if you can do it, you can basically pull it off on command. (I used it throughout the MGP Part II vid) This is the method you want to go for typically in a match. If you could do this, I guarantee you wouldn't find it useless in the slightest. In fact, in several online matches, MGP gave me the edge to win the match. Never has it been a liability to me because I've taken the time to master the move and it's application in a real match.

CUKO28

Noob
That double to triple ground pound he does is insane. He tore my ass up last night and made everything look so easy. Its as if he does not charge at all. GFG'S bro! The best jax player ive faced so far.

dvdcsn

Noob
Thx CUKO bud!

OK, I revived this thread to make one thing perfectly clear. MGP is not a fault of the game or of the controller but rather a natural phenomenon amongst charging a button, and thusly cannot be considered 'broken' or 'cheating'. I'm serious. It works in every mortal kombat game where you charge a single button to pull off a move. I am not a cheater at this game nor do I use autofire, which is impossible on PS3 (Not to mention that autofire GP on kaillera unleashes an endless chain of perfectly rhythmic ground pounds to the point of obviously being fake)

Most people have pulled it off a couple of times so can attest to its authenticity. Thanks to you guys for reading the thread and knowing without a shadow of doubt that it can be done, even if you can only do it once in a while. Special thanks to X820 and aCeOfSpAdEs for their help and putting the word out there that MGP is an attainable skill. :) To all the nonbelievers, if you played me in person in the arcades or consoles , I'll show you in person that you don't need autofire to pull off MGP consistently.

sushi615

holla!! aim : laossushi
BOOO . dvd u fucken cheatin,hacking ass! youre nothing, nothing i tell ya. i'll OWN your ass anytime, anywhere..

LOL im only kidding bro. gotcha reading my post tho. lets go again soon. anyone wants some good rounds. invite me or add me to FR.

Lee-K

Noob
I actually was playing RSM80 and he said "you're using a programmed controller huh?"

No idea what that meant. But I might have pulled off a DGP against him maybe that's why? I don't know.

dvdcsn

Noob
dvdcsn..i think i broke my lk button on my controller from practicing and doing to many mgp's
It's ok bud. I actually shattered my whole controller from playing Jax too much. :(

It falls apart in the middle of matches waaay too much. It's been broken for almost a month now. :(

Lee-K

Noob
dvd you're using the PSOne controller right? Isn't that better for multiple charge moves considering that it's a simple on/off switch for each button?

JF1000

Noob
I personally use both ps3/ps2 controllers..it's pretty difficult to get a hold of a ps1 controller around my area...i play other fighters that i actually prefer a ps1 controller over anything else.

dvdcsn..sorry to hear 'bout the controller :sad:

Edit: how do i add smiles to my posts?, yeah i know dumb question.

dvdcsn

Noob
dvd you're using the PSOne controller right? Isn't that better for multiple charge moves considering that it's a simple on/off switch for each button?
I wish man. It'd make MGP alot easier because it lacks all the button depth as you mentioned. I'm still on a regular sixaxis :(

Actually, I was playing umk3 at the arcade yesterday, and MGP was easier than ever to pull off. 7 or 8 in a row man! (Even tho the CPU jumped for most of them)

Tim Static

Adminerator
I wish man. It'd make MGP alot easier because it lacks all the button depth as you mentioned. I'm still on a regular sixaxis :(

Actually, I was playing umk3 at the arcade yesterday, and MGP was easier than ever to pull off. 7 or 8 in a row man! (Even tho the CPU jumped for most of them)
:eek: :eek: :eek:

whoa...I can see it now....the Ground Pound Infinite. *gulps*

did Jax just climb the ol' tier list?

Edit: what arcade?

Goofart

Mr. Sexy Pants
I busted my controller too a couple months ago which is which is partly why I botch a crap load kit combos these days. I agree mgp is easier on PS1 pads - I could pull off maybe 3-4 in succession on mame but on ps3 sixaxis I struggle to pull it off on a consistent basis.

dvdcsn

Noob
I busted my controller too a couple months ago which is which is partly why I botch a crap load kit combos these days. I agree mgp is easier on PS1 pads - I could pull off maybe 3-4 in succession on mame but on ps3 sixaxis I struggle to pull it off on a consistent basis.
I hear ya man! I've been meaning to get that PS3/PS2 Controlller adapter months ago but still never have. Doing MGP with sixaxis is one of the hardest of all! I know it is my biggest gripe even today! lol The more button sensitivity, the harder it gets! I sorta wish I had an arcade stick for this! The button layout is so much more perfect for what I want to do. Anyone know wher I could get one?

Also Tim, I played umk3 at Lazer X across from the mall! They have MK1 & UMK3 there, but no MK2 :( Can't wait til that get together in the summer, tim! You should invite everyone on the forum who lives relatively close, or willing enough to come, so we can all meet each other in person and talk shit face to face like sushi said lol! July 27 is my birthday too! I'll be 22 (still a damn yungin)

Wow lagger

There goes the dude i was talking bout that lags lol.Funny seeing you here remember you won one time against me and deep freezed me then left lol.Seeing that you only won by like danger almost in the 3round.I was SOOOOOOOOO pissed that you left and deep freezed me cause you was lagging my friend and i know i beat you waaaaaaay more times in the past maybe thats the reason why you deep freezed me lol.MAybe i deep freezed you or something in the past cause you was lagging or something i can't remember but i know that i beat that ass on many occasions lol.

This is why i made a thread of lagging why do so many people lag at this game man wtf is going on.Im glad for all the good top players on my freind list don't lag these are good competetion for sure.

Yungnicca friend list-Kensidj,Dragula96,Hydefog9(true hnic),Sushi,Dvdcsn,Dookiebrain,Gimmieyolunchbox,hatgrill,Va380. >>>Trust me look for these names cause i garentee they will put up a good fight they always give me competition .

Goofart

Mr. Sexy Pants
That was pretty funny wasn't it? But what's even more funny is that you can hand out shit but when you're on the other end of the stick you actually need to make a post and cry over it? I played you last week and you left immediately after one game after getting the win - there was no lag between us that night so don't make excuses. Yes you did deepfreeze me on a number of occasions for no other reason but to piss me off. I never badmouthed you, infact I gave props to wario, but you dissed me first so what did you expect in return?

Tim Static

Adminerator
Also Tim, I played umk3 at Lazer X across from the mall! They have MK1 & UMK3 there, but no MK2 :( Can't wait til that get together in the summer, tim! You should invite everyone on the forum who lives relatively close, or willing enough to come, so we can all meet each other in person and talk shit face to face like sushi said lol! July 27 is my birthday too! I'll be 22 (still a damn yungin)
Sounds good, bro. And it looks like you'll be here for your b-day if you come. I'm about 98.9% sure its gonna be July 26 & 27th. (We've have to have a big birthday party in the bar at the bowling alley, if you know what I mean!)

But I will have a MK2 cab there, and it will have Rv 3.1, Rv 4.2, Rv 9.0 AND the Immortal Challenger jamma boards in it. 4 MK2's ALL-IN-ONE. :D :D :D

JF1000

Noob
Fella's ..c'mon...

this is the dgp/mgp thread... yungnicca/goofart...you guys should just take this to pm's or something else, call each other over the phone and yell REALLY loud at each other(just put that one in there)hehe,..but some of us actually put in time/patience/practice to making/helping a thread like this and help the player community , and not to see it get spammed in..does it take much time/patience/practice to talk crap to one another??

X820

Noob
My fucking point exactly, that idiot comes off looking for GG's, but ALL he really does is talk shit about and to people, thinking he's some MK2 gangster and peepz are actually impressed by this scrub. There is hardly one topic here where that idiot hasn't flamed or downtalked people. It's getting really old.

Goofart

Mr. Sexy Pants
this is the dgp/mgp thread... yungnicca/goofart...you guys should just take this to pm's or something else, call each other over the phone and yell REALLY loud at each other(just put that one in there)hehe,..but some of us actually put in time/patience/practice to making/helping a thread like this and help the player community , and not to see it get spammed in..does it take much time/patience/practice to talk crap to one another??
Just to set the record straight I was minding my own business and contributing to this thread until yungnicca decided to point me out. I made that ONE single response in this thread just to defend myself so I think it's unfair to blow it out of proportion when I already did continue this in the proper thread. I already spoke to konqrr and everything's cool. By the same token, you could have pm'ed me instead of posting this if you had something to say since it is also unrelated to mgp, and if you ask the same to me - i did pm you but you never read it.

In any event, I'll man up and apologize to dvdcsn and anyone I offended with that post but that wasn't my intention.

Anyways, back on topic. I was playing around with groundpound and noticed that it could be done while always blocking. Whether LK is pressed before or during block it is still possible to pull it off without releasing block ever. I even managed to pull multiple mgp with block (though very difficult timing) so that would give Jax even more of an advantage in close combat.

JF1000

Noob
No prob...

goofart, no worries man, i just like to see peace amongst a community of players at a site like this..sorry 'bout not getting to your pm, i was playing a poker tourney all night long just to place 4th(won $300) but spent $15 4 buy in and had to re-buy 2ice...check pm's.

Also, yes the dgp/mgp can be done outta blocking it's got advantages but can be risky as well...in some cases its better for Jax not to be stationary.

Goofart

Mr. Sexy Pants
Nice! Maybe you can buy a couple new sixaxis to replace the one mgp smashed :) I gotta get myself a replacement too - this mgp should come with a disclaimer: "USE AT OWN RISK".. my controller makes a cracking sound everytime I try to pull off any sort of special moves.

dvdcsn

Noob
WTF! 2x single ground pound???

Nice! Maybe you can buy a couple new sixaxis to replace the one mgp smashed :) I gotta get myself a replacement too - this mgp should come with a disclaimer: "USE AT OWN RISK".. my controller makes a cracking sound everytime I try to pull off any sort of special moves.
lol i know man! my controller is derelict right now! My d-pad, L1, R1, R2, and X are all broken or dysfunctional (esp. d-pad; in most cases up-left causes me to jump up-right) Its a miracle I still find ways to play through it...its almost unplayable right now!

Anyway, I discovered something I've never even seen regarding mgp!! I was playing online and did a DOUBLE-SINGLE ground pound!! 2 white glowing fists hitting the ground at the same time for 25% dmg! I was like 'WTF?!" I've never seen anything like it! I'll YouTube it ASAP as soon as I figure out how the hell I did it! :D