What's new

Double Ground Pound

is this also possible with mileena sai/ lui kangs bike kick?

on a different note, i attempted to perform shangs "hold hk" fatality but instead it went into the kintaro fatality.. happened on more than on occasion.

also it seems that hitting hp repeatedly before the match morphs into mileena..

dvdcsn

Noob
Yeah! It works with any character in the game who charges a button. I pulled off multiple 3 bike kicks in a row in one vid I made. Also, while it works for mileena's sais, it really isn't practical because she can spam em pretty fast anyway! I got it to work with raiden's shock grabs, shang's morph into kintaro, multibicycle kick, faster sai spamming, etc.

JF1000

Noob
Nice job dvd!, i think the separate versions(spaced out gp's) could be better making it easier for aawaves and possible aaRH depending on range and character(s)..on occasion i have hit Baraka with Jax's aaRH hitting Baraka out of his flipping JK(stange), but i think this was due to making it so that Baraka had no choice as far as flipping(jumping from the range he was at so he didn't eat another gp) and bam! in comes aaRH with Jax!

edit: thanks for posting up those mileena sai's gp punishers..i pull out what ever i got left of my hair and chew on it for every sai spam that i encounter and don't punish(no fun)

edit 2: dvd..a real nice way teh get that bitch is to(if you can) get quadslam(all) then wail out the multi- gp's for rediculous damage!

dvdcsn

Noob
Thanks guys! Glad I could help you out ACE! and YUP if you could mix in quadraslam and MGP, it'd be scary! I mean, you have to jump to avoid MGP. Jax has more control over the match than ever! LOL

I'm going to time MGP so that I pull it off every single time Mileena spams the sai! LMAO

I'll post that infinite bicycle kick vid soon...but I digress

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
@dvd, could you make a vid of your hand doing this? I can't do it anymore and you make it look so easy.

ded

Elder God
great vids, i said that long time ago while i messed with mk2 - > jax N1 (yeah i know i sound like an ass) ^_^

JF1000

Noob
@dvd, could you make a vid of your hand doing this? I can't do it anymore and you make it look so easy.
Konqrr, you don't need to see the visual of the hand(i promise), the best way to get gp's back to back etc etc, is to get the 1st 1 off(while jax is in the glowing fist frames) release and hit again before his arm even moves towards the ground, then on the exact frame he recovers standing do it again(the exact same way you start it)..repeat process, this will get you consecutive gp after gp.

Just a thought, i think dgp is much faster after the 1st one is pulled off because he is already in crouch state, and helps with timing multi-gp's(dgp's) because you can clearly see when he stands back up, gonna test it out more on being faster from crouch though.

Goofart

Mr. Sexy Pants
Awesome!! Thanks for the explantion Ace and Dvd! I just pulled off my first back to back ground pound :) Man, that's tricky stuff!

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
The only way I can do it is like you said initially, to let go of lk and press it again with another finger because it's nearly impossible to retain charged by releasing and pressing again with the same finger.

It's difficult with the keyboard as the keys are so damn small to use this technique, but using my hori stick I might be able to utilize this with some practice.

I don't think that consecutive pounds are inescapable but it DEFINITELY makes him better than Mileena.

ded_, your idea of Jax > Mileena was not based on this discovery ^_^

JF1000

Noob
Yes, using a hori(Namco) stick or anything similar to it will work , anyone that has trouble doing it on pad and or keyboards in your situation Konqrr, should use an arcade stick at 1st.. thats what i started using when i was getting the timing down, about keyboards i got no idea, i don't even know if it matters if the keys are old/new, but i would imagine the newer the better at getting the timing on that too will be easier... but stick with the hori for a bit and get used to doing it on that, you should be wailing them out left and right in no time!

X820

Noob
Good to see you guys are moving along with this!

Oh, just so EVERYBODY knows, ChaiN is very unpleased with him not getting eternal glory
(*read - credit)

For his devoted life to this all time classic we all know as 'Mortal Kombat 2'

The multi- ground pound, bike kick etc. are ALL his "inventions" and after 15 years we NOOBS are just discovering it, thinking this could only be done by "accident" and no living soul worldwide could discover this dark secret, except for (tadaa) "ChaiN"

The reason I post this is to make sure everyone knows his name, as he is always talking shit to me about umk.com and it's members for over a year now, on top of that he's been trying to use me (and others) to post on his behalf simply because he feels he is too superior to post or 'CLAIM' credit for loads of shit he claims as his...

I for one can't say one way or the other as I'm no that long on Kaillera, but I have grown very, very tired of this coward who speaks so low about everyone here, some I consider to be 'online buds' if you know what i mean.

Just to be sure now,

All Hail ChaiN

I'm sure the little weasle is reading this.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I know that ChaiN knew about this and many other things, so what.

We've all discovered many things on our own, that doesn't mean they belong to us.

I tried it on the Genesis just now, and somehow I was able to get two in a row. It's either it's that difficult or it's not possible, but it should work in this version too as long as you don't move around which makes the trick harder.

EDIT: Jax vs Jax - Rapid Ground pounds dodge everything jax does except low kicks and ground pounds. Pretty fun to do now!

dvdcsn

Noob
Choose the controller best suited for you if you plan on using MGP alot

I tried it on the Genesis just now, and somehow I was able to get two in a row. It's either it's that difficult or it's not possible, but it should work in this version too as long as you don't move around which makes the trick harder.

EDIT: Jax vs Jax - Rapid Ground pounds dodge everything jax does except low kicks and ground pounds. Pretty fun to do now!
I gotcha.. I haven't tried it on genesis yet, but it should work there too. MGP is one of the hardest things you'll probably ever try to do in mk2. You have to be a master at the touch required to even think of pulling it off consistently or on command. I'm pretty convinced now that its difficulty to execute is directly related to the type of controller that you use to pull it off. I've tried it on SIXAXIS, keyboard, SNES controller, PC controller, and it's definitely hardest, at least for me, to do on SIXAXIS...simply because of the button depth.
I think now I'm going to use the DualShock 2 for mk2 because it lacks the button depth of SIXAXIS. The method that I use to pull off MGP would be so much easier on DS2. Choose the controller that's right for you if you plan on abus....er....using this method. :)

Tim Static

Adminerator
Good to see you guys are moving along with this!

Oh, just so EVERYBODY knows, ChaiN is very unpleased with him not getting eternal glory
(*read - credit)

For his devoted life to this all time classic we all know as 'Mortal Kombat 2'

The multi- ground pound, bike kick etc. are ALL his "inventions" and after 15 years we NOOBS are just discovering it, thinking this could only be done by "accident" and no living soul worldwide could discover this dark secret, except for (tadaa) "ChaiN"

The reason I post this is to make sure everyone knows his name, as he is always talking shit to me about umk.com and it's members for over a year now, on top of that he's been trying to use me (and others) to post on his behalf simply because he feels he is too superior to post or 'CLAIM' credit for loads of shit he claims as his...

I for one can't say one way or the other as I'm no that long on Kaillera, but I have grown very, very tired of this coward who speaks so low about everyone here, some I consider to be 'online buds' if you know what i mean.

Just to be sure now,

All Hail ChaiN

I'm sure the little weasle is reading this.
wtf?

Useless only for those who don't know how to pull it off in the game. It's served me well ever since I learned it.
Well after awhile reading the double GP won't be too hard which leaves an easier chance open for your opponent to JK in without you countering.