What's new

Double Ground Pound

dvdcsn

Noob
So I was toying around the other day with Jax on the PS3 version of mk2 [which is arcade rev. 3.1, I believe]; I did the ground pound and without even holding LK for the full three seconds (several hundredths of a second I remember holding it), ground pounded again. How do you do this?! I've seen dreamTR do this a couple of times, but I always had no idea how. Anyone know? I knew that you could do the ground pound slightly faster (2 1/2 seconds) just by ducking, but I've always wondered how you pull it off again almost immediately. Is this a glitch or something?

One time I got double Shockgrabs from Raiden one after another with no time inbetween them. Man I got ridiculed and shit talked to forever about how I was a cheater using autofire. Which of course, is not true.

I have no idea how to explain what happened. I figured it was an online thing.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I was messing around last night on MK2 (PS3) with Shang's Fat. glitches, and I was deep freezing the CPU with Subbie and when I morphed back into Tsung, I immediately morphed into Mileena, got close, accidentally tapped HK and she still did the blowjob fat.

It was wierd, and not the way it supposed to be.

X820

Noob
Hehehe, a most discussed subject every now and then.

There is a trick to this, it's like realeasing the button without letting go and has to be done very (VERY) quickly.
Almost like pressing again before you even let go LOL!
It sounds silly, but it's true!

ChaiN is a master at this shit and I hate him for it :p
He can do multiple Ground pound, bike kick and electric grabs.

Oh, and btw, Mileena's 'sucking' Fatality works pretty much the same way.

X820

Noob
Double shock grab?
How did that even connect?
I don't think that even works with auto-fire in the corner.
It's true, this happened to me one time playing online on Godweapon.
I personally blame lag for this, it sometimes makes the game behave in a weird way.
Offline wouldn't be possible IMO.

dvdcsn

Noob
X820 was exactly right! I guess there's a point, while still holding the button down, where the game registers the button as being released, but still registers it as being charged as well. It's hard as hell to find exactly where it is and every controller is different, but if you can somehow manage to perfect the touch necessary to pull it off, you can infinitely execute the move over and over! I was doing double ground pounds and triple ground pounds left and right some games, but in others I had an extremely hard time getting two off at once! I'm going to see if I can perfect the timing, then I'll get back with you guys as to how you actually do it.

X820

Noob
X820 was exactly right! I guess there's a point, while still holding the button down, where the game registers the button as being released, but still registers it as being charged as well. It's hard as hell to find exactly where it is and every controller is different, but if you can somehow manage to perfect the touch necessary to pull it off, you can infinitely execute the move over and over! I was doing double ground pounds and triple ground pounds left and right some games, but in others I had an extremely hard time getting two off at once! I'm going to see if I can perfect the timing, then I'll get back with you guys as to how you actually do it.

:D

dvdcsn

Noob
You can still pull it off regardless of lag if you rapidly "tap" your finger between having LK fully pressed down and finding that midway point on the button that allows you to ground pound without really letting it go. It's extremely hard to do at first, but if you can maintain the process, you can multipound all day! It works for anyone who charges a single button!

Oh, and before I forget, you can pull this off in any version of mk2 or umk3, whether it be for consoles or arcade! It's not a glitch in the game; it just has to do with pressing the button in a certain way.

JF1000

Noob
tried on arcade stick and....

It seems that it can be done more ways than one, one 6 axis ps3 pad, done the exact way dvdcsn mentioned, though it seems more difficult on ps3 pads... on arcade stick you can do this by charging the lk then release upon release time then as you are releasing you must hit it again at the exact same time as you are releasing..confusing??...

it's basically the same thing but you can release all the way and hit again!!, just look out for some things ....a really good way to do this so you get the best result is to watch jax's arm as it is starting to glow for the pound, just before you see the animation of it starting for the ground(as the arm is glowing but before it starts moving towards the ground)) you release/hit again before he starts to go for the ground pound(repeat process), so basically it's what is called in many other games as a just frame, make sure you are releasing the charge and hitting again before his arm starts towards the ground , this way you can release all the way and then press again, remember to watch for his arm animations, if you do it to late it will not work, if you have an arcade stick try it and work with the timing, i have got 4 ground pounds in a row to work this way, but keep this in mind, using 1 single finger to do this is difficult, i use my thumb and ring finger, 1 to release and the other to hit(repeat)

Edit: this was something that was used back in the day by the "leet" players of mk2 , 1 guy i remember playing against he would play against people using mileena/kitana one handed!!! also is one of the main reasons why jax is 2nd to mileena as far as threat factor goes, seems only right that the 2nd on the tier gets something similar to mileena's sai cheese(sighs).. , also if i remember there was a trick to cut the timing from scorpions spear so you could get it to come out faster 1 after the other, i know for sure you can def get 2 spears in a row for a bit more damage when doing spear uppercut combo, just adding 1 extra spear making it 3 hits ,still catching up with everything in this game, it looks simple enough, but can be very in-depth as well.

dvdcsn, this is yeehaaa on psn, hit me up later for some games man!.

JF1000

Noob
Jeez!!!

Last night i was in the mood for determination, and was playing against a few people with all types of skill level on ps3 online and on a few i got 4-5 pounds in a row and then one of the last players i played against i did a total of 7!!! ground pounds in a row!!!!..holy shit!!, and it killed my opponent!!! yes!!, the great thing about this is once you get going and you don't mess up the timing there is nothing the opponent can really do!! they have to eat each ground pound( might be able to jump but.. i'm gonna test further to see if once 1 hits if the rest is absolutely guaranteed).. but since your activating the next one after another before jax himself fully recovers, my guess is probably guaranteed, but since they are hit by the stun, which they are still staggered from the initial pound stun , so it just might be infinite damage that cannot be escaped once activated!!

If it wasn't so difficult to time, he would easily be #1 on tier over mileena hands down, but since she can do sai's on and off ground(and very easy to do with little practice) do jump sai/ground sai all day,but if it is guaranteed ground pound infinite(non-escapable)damage, then he would easily be #1 without a doubt, though a simple trick to stop her is to just get a 2 hit combo(ending of course with ground pound), and continue ground pound infinite, which is jax's only true way to kill mileena without breaking a sweat(kinda).. besides punishing her rolls/teleport kicks of course which is actually the easiest.

I remember after doing rapid LP's with Shang Tsung and it said finish him, I stopped pressing LP and POOF, Kintaro morph...no lie, I questioned that shit too. It felt almost like Mileena's spammable Sai throw.

JF1000

Noob
SOOooo true, but the question in hand is if once 1 ground pound hits that the following are non-interupted/non-escapable and guaranteed, but if it isn't, at least he has a standing still offense other than aawave's/wave pressure that is quick and can lead to tons of damage!..i will try to record some match play and (hopefully) a vid showing that it's guaranteed(crosses fingers).

dvdcsn

Noob
Ground pound under mileena's sais

Many people don't know about this, but jax can actually ground pound under mileena's sais! All you gotta do is stay low (at deep mid-range to fullscreen of course)...wait until millena is about to throw a new sai. When she does, watch her position in the air carefully, and once she hits the floor, ground pound! The sais should go flying past your head if you timed it right. I made several videos of how to do it, and I'll post em on youtube if someone wants to look at em.

IMO Jax IS #1 in mk2. The only thing mileena has on jax is sai lockdown, but if you can ground pound under it, what's she gonna do?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I was trying this and only got two in a row three times...this is very difficult. I was using the sixaxis though. When I did it, I knew that it was going to work because it didn't even feel like I let off the button but there's no way that I could do that in a match.

dvdcsn

Noob
Sure man, I'll YouTube those videos maybe tomorrow, but definitely sometime this week!

Me and Ace where testing out what we came up with and we both kinda have different styles of multiple ground pounding. His is much more consecutive...one immediately after the other. He got 6 ground pounds in a row on me one match!! but he normally averages about 3 DGPs under pressure. Mine, on the other hand, is more intermittent...like a continuous chain of two ground pounds here...one second goes by...one ground pound here...half a second goes by...three ground pounds here, etc.

They key for continuous GP is pressing and releasing LK, in a certain way...exactly the same way... every single time! Intermittent ground pounding is done similarly except with rapid finger tapping to control the pressing and releasing of LK. It is by far more uncontrollable in general, and generally leads to you ground pounding like a madman (which isn't necessarily good)

I've gotten pretty good at pulling them off, but I'm far from mastery. If someone managed to master the art of multi-ground pounding, and be ridiculously good with Jax, they'd be a damn beast!!!

JF1000

Noob
Still waiting....

On speaking to my personal "tech guy"....., yeah i am a complete noob at computers and it seems that when i record a vid it takes up mad space on my hard drive, and i haven't learned how to minimize the vid(file size) yet so, and i don't have a ton of gigabytes either... so when i get this squared away dvd, than we can go ahead and start recording different scenarios and visuals on the inf ground pounds...that is if you haven't recorded any yet.

dvdcsn

Noob
YouTube vid

Alright man! I made a vid of me just toyin around trying to do the multi ground pound a while ago, but I just now uploaded it! The quality is pretty poor though. I can MGP much better now than I did in the video. Anyways, now no one can say they've never seen it performed in game...

Multi-Ground Pounding
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRN2pTc0GdQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lWzP3jB5-8

Ground Pounding under Mileena's sais
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2C3QWZUVFc

Enjoy...? LOL!

More vids to come soon!