What's new

General/Other doomsday nerf suggestion thread

cyke_out

Noob
OP, listen carefully, this what you need to do. Can you see a door leading somewhere else in your room? You can? Good. I need you to walk away from your computer, go the the door, open it and then.... GTFO!

No seriously, is this post real? Or just a clever social commentary on the current state of whiney little Injustice players who refuse to see the big picture and take a good long hard look at their own mistakes and weakness in an attempt to improve their own game. You are an Aquaman player for Neptune's, sake, learn the match-up, which is easily in your favor.

I doubt you are thinking clearly, if at all, about what your proposed nerfs will do to Doomsday's game. Lose the +frames on block for his only... Only... ONLY ....safe tool for closing the distance at all? So he then becomes a rush down character that can't rush-down, yeah, that makes sense, you should design a game, so I never have to play it. Oh, you also want to remove half of his low's. Yeah, taking away the low from Earthshaker will leave him with one lonely low in a sweep. Even Black Adam will then have more lows assuming you listen to Tom Brady and MB Low Lightning!

VOR

Noob
yeah let's just nerf everything. everything that is hard to deal with is obviously broken, and i don't really want to deal with this character. this game has a lot of really good characters, but i don't like this one so let's nerf him in every patch.

Erazor

Noob
From day to day I get constantly more upset with this community. You create a thread that defends the Deatstroke nerf and another one that demands a Doomsday nerf? And you are playing Aquaman? A character with huge range? And can't punish a -9f move? And you talk about spam? And online rankings? All of that in a forum that's supposed to be competitive? Have you even watched the videos here that exactly show how to deal with Doomsday?

VOR

Noob
The most amazing Avatar I have yet to see on this site. Thulsa Doom from the only real Conan movie. Sorry, but the destroyer doesn't count.
haha thanks. it's a great scene and speech, plus it fits a lot of the topics and how i feel on a lot of these threads.

cyke_out

Noob
Judging by some of the comments here, it looks like a lot of people don't know the match up. So you think ES is -9 on block? That's cool. Tell me, have anyone of you tested it? Have you ever punished before, or even taken it to the lab? Pick Doomsday, select Lex, who has a 6 frame reversal, set the training dummy to always block and reverse with corp charge, see how many times ES gets punished by a 6 frame move.

This is what I am talking about, even the people defending a character don't know the full picture. People need to level up their games before voicing an opinion. I'm not saying you need to win EVO to matter, but if you have faulty info, you'll make faulty choices.

haha thanks. it's a great scene and speech, plus it fits a lot of the topics and how i feel on a lot of these threads.
I agree to an extent with your analogy to the speech minus say 2 characters... Hawkgirl and Bane, yet both have some positive match ups.
I'll go ahead and state why Hawkgirl b/c I know the majority may disagree.
Her great combos are liable to whiff unless you are touching. Her strongest midscreen will whiff depending on the game's current emotional state. Everyone talks about her 6 frame f1 that is only great when touching for combos. Her dash is too slow to get you to touching distance unpunished and this game has invincible wake up attacks. Her flight cancel 2 can easily whiff unless touching. Her b2,2 whiffs unless close which hurts her mixups. Her instant overhead whiffs unless touching. Her jump takes too long to effectively use it to get to touching distance. D1 into special moves and mace charges and mace throws will only get you so far.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
I'm playing with my friend daily in lunch break and I'm using doomsday and after a week he already blocks ES on reaction 8/10 times, and the other 2 times he just takes the 2% low because IT's FREAKING 2%.

Also he can punish supernova 10/10 with front dash and mb b3. CONSTANTLY.

Howbowt instead of nerfing doomsday you buff yourself by PLAYING THE ACTUAL MATCHUP???? Sound good?

Oh and:

Nerf doomsday because he's unbeatable online.
he's unbeatable online
unbeatable online

Nuff said.

Jelan

Aquaman is dead lel
no actually earth shake data lies to us... it says its -9frames on block but i cant punish with aquaman b1 which is 9frames so it isnt fair. maybe they should fix the move and make it -9 so it can be punish? and ive seen doomsday players do good damage with him 40% in some fights.doomsday is almost impossible to keep out and once u get knocked down he is all over u and its pretty much gg at that point esp. in corner
If I know correctly in this game the impact frame is after the startup frames, so 9 frame move hits on the 10th, but you can still punish with AM using his 6 frame d1, but yes it is tricky to cancel specials from that, but definitely worth practicing.

For Doomsday the only change I would like to have is a better online so I can actually block his stuff.

Doomsday is clearly a worse character than aquaman, super man, batman, night wing and black Adam. Probably killer frost and green lantern too. Even Bane with his venom buffed is now a really tough match up for DD.

DD shouldn't be nerfed.

MrAvA

Smashing.
People need to stop with all these nerfs. People need to know the difference between losing to the character and losing to the player.

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
Maaaaan, these people. Maybe we should nerf Bane (OP Logic) cause his command grab can't be teched. Or Joker cause he has that low into overhead and those teeth. GTFO! Please mods, close this thing.

Dulllyanna

You're going to shoot guns at me?
I've got the best way to nerf DD: Learn to block and not play retarded.

@Everybody elsee: FYI this is a guy who thinks all of Aquaman's bad matchups are the characters who can punish his specials (And not just ground trident) on block.

Judging by some of the comments here, it looks like a lot of people don't know the match up. So you think ES is -9 on block? That's cool. Tell me, have anyone of you tested it? Have you ever punished before, or even taken it to the lab? Pick Doomsday, select Lex, who has a 6 frame reversal, set the training dummy to always block and reverse with corp charge, see how many times ES gets punished by a 6 frame move.

This is what I am talking about, even the people defending a character don't know the full picture. People need to level up their games before voicing an opinion. I'm not saying you need to win EVO to matter, but if you have faulty info, you'll make faulty choices.
We went off of his info of -9. Even if it is not punishable it still is a necessity for him to have it. The lex charge goes active in 6 f, but not guaranteed to hit on the 6th frame. That depends how far he's got to travel. You need to level up your frame knowledge, not win evo or anything. Have you tested that theory out?

cyke_out

Noob
We went off of his info of -9. Even if it is not punishable it still is a necessity for him to have it. The lex charge goes active in 6 f, but not guaranteed to hit on the 6th frame. That depends how far he's got to travel. You need to level up your frame knowledge, not win evo or anything. Have you tested that theory out?
Of course I have tested it out, I'm a doomsday player. Put lex in the corner so no pushback, ES is safe, You do know that the frama data on multi-hitting moves is incorrect for the entire cast? And of course Doomsday needs it. when did I ever say he didn't?

slow his sweep by 6 frames
remove his armor
make df2 a low only
remove d2
increase his hit box drastically
give him random prat falls from SSBB
Make it so he needs 3 bars to use any meter burn use
disable his jump
make his icon in character select screen only accessible by purchasing a $30 monthly fee
force players to play on a modded N64 controller in tourneys
make his trait force him to stop moving entirely
They should cut off his right arm so that when he attacks with a normal/string, the attack will whiff if the animations punches with his right arm. attacks with both arm do half damage.

seriously he is already nerfed to shit, Doomsday players today should be praised for being a shinning example that anyone and every character can win no matter how bad the match up