What's new

General/Other doomsday nerf suggestion thread

jimzam

Noob
hey guys this is a thread to discuss nerfs for doomsday. since we will be getting a patch each dlc we still have lots more to go and i thought id make this thread. ok so since doomsday is very imba online and offline i thought he could use a few nerfs or slight tweaks to make him more balanced

earth shake should be overhead to mid instead of overhead to low. the way it is right now is very op because its really hard to block and theres no consequence for doomsday player to spam it. it even gives knock down where u cant roll away. maybe keep it overhead low but make it unsafe on block? idk what do u guys feel? i think 1 of the 2 changes should happen

ex shoulder not being +frames on block. this is doomsdays most broken tool. he can come in for free when ever he wants with +frames by doing ex shoulder. why this move also have a big attack box around him that hits u on top in the sky or behind? nerf the attack box around it and it should not be +frames.

this is what i think doomsday should get to make him more balanced all around. what do u guys think he should get for next patches? post here all suggestions and lets discuss

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
Honestly, I don't think Doomsday needs much tweaking at all. Just need to change how fast the low hit of Earth Shake comes out after the overhead so it's more viable to block it correctly online. And Earth Shake IS unsafe on block, it's -9. If you can react and block correctly, then you should be prepared for the punish.

Doomsday does amongst the least amount of damage of the entire cast. He is pure rushdown. The things you are asking for are going to send him to Bane tier.

I normally never participate in these things and I think he's pretty much fine the way he is, however since his Supernova is unbloackable and since some characters have a hard time dodging it (especially online), then NRS should minimize the hitbox on that sucker a little. Sometimes I dodge it but still get hit. That's a little silly. But hey, that's me. Whatever.

jimzam

Noob
Honestly, I don't think Doomsday needs much tweaking at all. Just need to change how fast the low hit of Earth Shake comes out after the overhead so it's more viable to block it correctly online. And Earth Shake IS unsafe on block, it's -9. If you can react and block correctly, then you should be prepared for the punish.

Doomsday does amongst the least amount of damage of the entire cast. He is pure rushdown. The things you are asking for are going to send him to Bane tier.
no actually earth shake data lies to us... it says its -9frames on block but i cant punish with aquaman b1 which is 9frames so it isnt fair. maybe they should fix the move and make it -9 so it can be punish? and ive seen doomsday players do good damage with him 40% in some fights.doomsday is almost impossible to keep out and once u get knocked down he is all over u and its pretty much gg at that point esp. in corner

jimzam

Noob
I normally never participate in these things and I think he's pretty much fine the way he is, however since his Supernova is unbloackable and since some characters have a hard time dodging it (especially online), then NRS should minimize the hitbox on that sucker a little. Sometimes I dodge it but still get hit. That's a little silly. But hey, that's me. Whatever.
yea super nova is very tircky. almost forgot about that move. i agree it should get a slight nerf on the attack box around it so is easier for more chars to dash out

i think he's fine. He has no other low but the sweep... if you have problems blocking it, block high and eat the 2% damage and play your wake up game. He has 2 strings that can be interrupted. I have no problems burning meter to get positive advantage in this game. I don't use him at all, but don't worry about him. I think w/o those tools, he is trash. Maybe they could make it where every time you hit him with his trait is knocks off a layer of his armor on top of the time continuing to take it away. Some characters have to retreat when he activates trait. I play offline and sometimes patches that help the online scene hurt the offline scene. Maybe games need to consider patches to both modes, but that's a money issue.

If you're using aquaman, there is more need for a nerf for him than doomsday. His trident rush is still too damaging on block. His trait cool down "nerf" is a placebo effect nerf that only adds .5 seconds difference to reactivation time.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
Only thing I would conceivably consider, is his stomp thing. The overhead/low is pretty impossible to block. Maybe change it so a blocked overhead pushes back more so that low doesn't hit, but still works in the corner?

jimzam

Noob
i think he's fine. He has no other low but the sweep... if you have problems blocking it, block high and eat the 2% damage and play your wake up game. He has 2 strings that can be interrupted. I have no problems burning meter to get positive advantage in this game. I don't use him at all, but don't worry about him. I think w/o those tools, he is trash. Maybe they could make it where every time you hit him with his trait is knocks off a layer of his armor on top of the time continuing to take it away. Some characters have to retreat when he activates trait. I play offline and sometimes patches that help the online scene hurt the offline scene. Maybe games need to consider patches to both modes, but that's a money issue.

If you're using aquaman, there is more need for a nerf for him than doomsday. His trident rush is still too damaging on block. His trait cool down "nerf" is a placebo effect nerf that only adds .5 seconds difference to reactivation time.
no aquaman is fine. u cant really compare aquaman to doomsday. aquaman has a lot of hard matches. i dont think any char really *beats* doomsday since he can get in on zoners and fight rushers up close with his own skill set. aquaman trait has counter as well such as chars who are gl, raven, etc.

any way lets not drift of topic please keep this about doomsday =)

jimzam

Noob
Only thing I would conceivably consider, is his stomp thing. The overhead/low is pretty impossible to block. Maybe change it so a blocked overhead pushes back more so that low doesn't hit, but still works in the corner?
nice idea i like this but it should still be made -9 on block to prevent instant game over in corner imo

JaredL

nice idea i like this but it should still be made -9 on block to prevent instant game over in corner imo

I'm fairly sure a lot of people can wakeup out of it.
And can pushblock it.

Doomsday is at his best in the corner, lets not make him useless there.

jimzam

Noob
I'm fairly sure a lot of people can wakeup out of it.
And can pushblock it.

Doomsday is at his best in the corner, lets not make him useless there.
doomsday earth shake stuffs a lot of wake up in corner esp. if done meaty. u have to be a char who has a full invincible move on wake up. some chars dont have one so they cant do much. and if u have one doomsday can just jump on u with splash to beat the wake up and go into earth shake all over again....

jimzam

Noob
No nerfs, and Aquaman is a much better character than doomsday bro. Stop downplaying.
doomsday has won much more tournaments then aquaman and is in top 8 more then the king of atlantis. on leader boards most of the high ranked guys also use doomsday... this should all say something

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
doomsday has won much more tournaments then aquaman and is in top 8 more then the king of atlantis. on leader boards most of the high ranked guys also use doomsday... this should all say something
I count 1 win for both characters. Jeremiah won toryuken and Brady won ECT.

Also that logic is pretty bad. Sektor has won more majors then Sonya, yet Sonya is regarded as the better character. Also characters like doomsday thrive in an environment where reacting is kinda tough.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Tournament results have no effect on tier placing, and online rankings certainly have no effect. Online doomsday is god tier, but offline he isn't that big of a deal. Really good? Yes. But so is half the cast in this game, and he certainly needs no more nerfs. For the sake of argument, didn't tom just win ect5 with Aquaman? How many MAJORS has doomsday won?

no aquaman is fine. u cant really compare aquaman to doomsday. aquaman has a lot of hard matches. i dont think any char really *beats* doomsday since he can get in on zoners and fight rushers up close with his own skill set. aquaman trait has counter as well such as chars who are gl, raven, etc.

any way lets not drift of topic please keep this about doomsday =)
i stated my argument, but clearly aquaman is always in the discussion of best characters in the game. Best trait in game againgst maybe 20 of the characters and top 3 offense. I just find it funny that an aquaman main is asking for anyone to get nerfed. Hit and block confirm b1,2 and GL or raven can't really punish you. I know this match up well. It's 10-0 GL if you don't do this, but if you do aqua can hang and easily beat GL. GL is a better matchup for aqua than raven. Aqua slips out of Bats, Grundy, Batgirl, Killer Frost, Flash, WW,GA, Hawkgirl, HQ, NW,Sinestro, BA and Supes most damaging combos or setups on reaction. Metaphorically speaking, it's like Akuma players asking for Ryu to get nerfed. Doomsday is good, but he's not aquaman good.

Doomsday is an easy to learn gimmicky character. It won't last long. Gimmicky characters only last until the gimmicks are figured out. Frame advantage after 3,3. Block high low or MB for just low. Everyone needs tools. These are his.

Like the poster above said. "He's good in the corner" and his moves are designed to take you there. Nerfing doomsday is completely unnecessary.
The online scene kills the tournament scene. Scorpion was great in MK online, but not so good offline. Doomsday is not as bad offline. Remember on this site the majority of people here play in offline tourneys and are usually in for the long haul well after the casuals give the game up. You're probably not going to get much support for your argument here.

ApertureBlack

The Only Player On The Wii U
The only possible thing I could think of is making his Supernove hotbox smaller, as its ginourmous right now. Earthshake is really stupid but blockable.

JaredL

Doomsday is the kind of person who is very scary till you learn the matchup.

I think a lot of people complaining about him could do well to play him more times, and be more confident. Hes not as safe as he seems.