What's new

General/Other doomsday nerf suggestion thread

Of course I have tested it out, I'm a doomsday player. Put lex in the corner so no pushback, ES is safe, You do know that the frama data on multi-hitting moves is incorrect for the entire cast? And of course Doomsday needs it. when did I ever say he didn't?
That was a reply that you assume that people don't know frame data and how it works. The dude who posted the misinformation. Sorry, I don't know every single moves frame data, and neither do you, but don't assume we don't know data bc we responded with information that would factually work if the poster's info was correct. You are not telling us anything we don't know as far as how frame data works or how it calculates only first hit, just look at aqua trident rush, to tell us to level up anything.

cyke_out

Noob
I know I don't know everything, but I'm not the one coming into a thread using second hand information, and trying to give advice when it's obviously wrong. If you want to give advice, give the right advice. Giving wrong advice doesn't help anyone learn.

I know I don't know everything, but I'm not the one coming into a thread using second hand information, and trying to give advice when it's obviously wrong. If you want to give advice, give the right advice. Giving wrong advice doesn't help anyone learn.
Dude, I said i only replied in that matter due to your tone. You're taking this too personal. If somebody said I use Aqua and went against Doomsday how do i punish a -9 ES that leaves me close I would reply d1 trident move for 41%. He wants to know, so if he gave me false info,he gets false a solution. If he said it doesn't work, then we could hit the lab and help with a solution and determine that "his" data is wrong ,explain it's based off of 1st hit and find a solution. Bro that's common sense and how shit works in this world. It's up to the person who wants help to give the correct info.

If I said my car doesn't work because it has a flat tire... what do I do? You said change the tire, but the problem was my alternator do you need to level up you're car knowledge or do I?

HungryforPasta

Come and Get it!
earth shake should be overhead to mid instead of overhead to low.
the way it is right now is very op because its really hard to block and theres no consequence for doomsday player to spam it.
it even gives knock down where u cant roll away.
Training mode
practice blocking against it; simple

you don't like it cause it's safe?
The knock down doesn't give fantastic Oki and it doesn't lead into a combo...
I'm sure you can think of other specials in this game that have a lot more going for them on top of being safe...

Jimzam said:
ex shoulder not being +frames on block.
this is doomsdays most broken tool.
he can come in for free when ever he wants with +frames by doing ex shoulder.
It's frame advantage ... so what?
Does he have an untechable, stand alone command grab? uhh... I don't remember one.

So let's say that Doomsday is in your face and is at frame advantage... so what?
what's he gonna do? Doesn't seem like a horrific scenario really...

If he throws, it can be teched!
Does he useD1 xx earthshaker?
some character can block the down 1 and then back dash the entire earthshaker all together Black Adam and Batman are two characters I know for sure that this works on, AGAIN try going to training mode and trying it out yourself...

Best case, if you put the time to learn to block this special, you know what?
after earthsaker is blocked the situation is returned to neutral game. From the neutral game you can continue to block, throw a normal and try to jump or back dash, they can be countered but Doomsday counters are risky/meter dependent.

If Doomsday had a command grab
if METERLESS earthshaker lead to a followup of something on hit
if the knock down from supernova was twice the duration
THEN mayyyybe you'd have a point, maybe!!!

it's pretty obvious to everyone here that you just haven't practiced nearly enough yet and until you do don't expect much sympathy from Doomsday players...

x MAD AXES x

Lighten up will ya!
Lol 1 bar a the wall a doomsday kept earth shaking me, does it need changed no, it's easy to react to offline and 4 bars, do people need to stop being lazy and practice blocking it yes. People are too lazy in fighting games now and if there is something that they don't want to practice countering, they want it nerfed so they don't have to bother learning how to counter it.

HungryforPasta

Come and Get it!
and ive seen doomsday players do good damage with him 40% in some fights.

doomsday is almost impossible to keep out and once u get knocked down he is all over u and its pretty much gg at that point esp. in corner
Gosh, I read more of your comments and I just can't resist correcting this mess!

40% combos, now most of those combos either cost meter or begin with a jump in splash, sometimes both...
combos dealing that much damage with prerequisites like those is just about as fair as it can get..

If your anti-air game is too weak to deal with splash or if you simply have trouble blocking correctly, then do you only deserve to be combed for 20%? nah, it makes perfect sense that a combo in that scenario should do as much as it does...

And this is just gonna be a repeast of my last post.
Knocked down = GG?
Reversals exist in this game and many of them are invincible on start up, some of them are even safe! You can try throwing them out once in a while and it'll prolly work!

What's that?
You don't want to wake up reversal against doomsday? You think the risk is too high?
I guess you're right, if you do an unsafe reversal you might get hit with one of Doomsday sick 90% combos and that's not worth it is it?
*facepalm*

unless DD has his trait on then a few reversals here and there along with utilizing your pushblock/regular block/armoredb3 should go a LONG way in keeping up a great fight against doomsday...

try your best to use ALL your tools and I guarantee you this match will get easier and easier to handle overtime.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
hey guys this is a thread to discuss nerfs for doomsday. since we will be getting a patch each dlc we still have lots more to go and i thought id make this thread. ok so since doomsday is very imba online and offline i thought he could use a few nerfs or slight tweaks to make him more balanced

earth shake should be overhead to mid instead of overhead to low. the way it is right now is very op because its really hard to block and theres no consequence for doomsday player to spam it. it even gives knock down where u cant roll away. maybe keep it overhead low but make it unsafe on block? idk what do u guys feel? i think 1 of the 2 changes should happen

ex shoulder not being +frames on block. this is doomsdays most broken tool. he can come in for free when ever he wants with +frames by doing ex shoulder. why this move also have a big attack box around him that hits u on top in the sky or behind? nerf the attack box around it and it should not be +frames.

this is what i think doomsday should get to make him more balanced all around. what do u guys think he should get for next patches? post here all suggestions and lets discuss
If you do all of that DD will end up being bottom 5 at best. Learn the MU plz. Seriously. But, lets take your scenario, and NRS nerfs the things you mentioned. What do you think they should give him in return then ? Cause those are his only tools if he wants to compete against the majority of the cast. All in all DD is fine IF you have the patience to learn the MU and act accordingly. If you dont, it doesnt mean he is broken. From the top tiers he is the most unsafe character in this game (just take a look in Aquaman's, WW's, GL's, NW's, CW's, Batman's move lists). DD is fine, learn to deal against him. There are far greater threats in this game than DD atm, such as your avatar's picture guy for example.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Aquaman gets 41% 1 bar for a 6 frame d1. That can definitely punish punish a ground shake spam.
ES is safe on block against everyone (except Superman's super). The distance and the block stun it creates make the move completely safe.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
ES is safe against kryptonian crush. Even in the corner at point blank.
Cool, didnt know that. I supposed it could be punished since his super is the fastest move in the game. Good to know though. Have you tried it in practice mode with reversal on ?

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
jimzam seriously now? Doomsday nerfs?

Why are you jumping to such crazy conclusions on characters man? Honestly... real question.

You post on like every character forum on how other people's character should be played or if/how they need to be nerfed/buffed! Take away +frames on his MB shoulder.... nerf earthshaker into overhead-mid? What?!?! Do you want to make this character horrible? He's not OP at all he does no damage.

Doomsday is 100% fine right now. I'm pretty sure you're going to get a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry small % of people who agree with you here yet you're talking like it's not an opinion and you're 100% right.....

Xenrail

Noob
Honestly, I don't think Doomsday needs much tweaking at all. Just need to change how fast the low hit of Earth Shake comes out after the overhead so it's more viable to block it correctly online. And Earth Shake IS unsafe on block, it's -9. If you can react and block correctly, then you should be prepared for the punish.

Doomsday does amongst the least amount of damage of the entire cast. He is pure rushdown. The things you are asking for are going to send him to Bane tier.
-9 is not ample time online lol

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
There are a hellovalot bigger problems than doomsday online. Aquaman f13 scoop comes to mind and I didn't even have to think much about it.