What's new

Match-up Discussion Doomsday MU groupings rough draft

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I play Slips Deathstroke a lot. MB Venom does not do what you think it does. The armor is not activated until you meter burn it. Even then when the armor is active you only get 1 hit of armor. Every time Deathstroke shoots he shoots 2 shots, therefore destroying the armor move.

As for J3, yes air snatch works if they jump in deep, but if they are far away there is a point where air snatch does not grab the sword, and DD gets hit by J3.

Also Deathstroke is no slouch up close no matter how much M2Dave downplays him.

Deathstroke also deals very nicely with DD's trait because his meterburn gun shots have so many hits and hold DD in place.

So all in all if the Deathstroke is good you cannot bully him at all, in fact Doomsday has to respect his zoning and get in just like everyone else.

At the very worst this MU is even. There is no way DD wins this MU against Deathstroke as the game stands now.
after he whiffs or you block a gunshot you can mb venom your way inside, i didnt mean tanking it with mb venom.

J3 will only hit from a range where DS must throw it early and from far, hes - after that, J3s are + depending on the height, at the top of their jump theyre about -3, you can use that to D1 without fear

deathstroke cant jump up close due to air snatch on reaction

doomsday does have to respect his zoning, until DS makes a mistake, and DS is not a traditional zoner but his every zoning move must be to catch the opponents movement, once a gunshot is whiffed or blocked, its DDs signal to get in.

basically bait mistakes, recognise the ranges of J3 and how much advantage it has, react accordingly.

DD does not lose this matchup and never will unless the chars are patched, hell joker goes even with DS.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Nightwing is even. Arrow is even.
They can both neutralize his Trait when played right, but neither has a particularly strong way to avoid being run over.
Sky Alert beats Nova, but loses to Venom.
MB Venom beats Trait Arrow, but loses/gives a check to Savage Blast on block.
Doomsday has the mobility and the best D1 in the game. Yeah, I said it.
But Arrow has the meter-free special diversity.
And Nightwing has Ground Spark, the Spins, and speed.

Even. Both of them. Pretty sure.
NW is not even.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
It is definitely a matchup that DD can manage for sure but I can list things that play a big role in BA edging DD out:
*His trait, gives him free damage when DD goes in and since it cools down quickly, it'll be very useful in the matchup. Also if it gets close and BA holds a small life lead, he can use the trait to force DD to not be able to just rush him down because of the fear of taking the damage from his trait.
*Black adam's jump: Since he has such a floaty and big jump, he can actually jump over DD's shoulder charge and punish it as well when doing this. It is something a very few amount of characters can do, so it is very key in the matchup.
*His lightning (forgot what it is called lol): Since DD will be dashing a lot, his lighting can stop him in his tracks. Also meter burn lightning is great for his trait.
*Shock hands: great to use on DD when he is at the right spacing for it and it pushes him back some.
*Plus block strings: This allows black adam to pressure DD some (which most won't be caught doing) and it also builds him meter and etc.
There are lots of things but those are some of the main things for sure.
all the reasons why BA wins 7 3 and not 6 4 are in the tier list thread. go read them and get back at me.

MetalPete

MACHKAAAAA!!!!!
I would agree that the Nightwing matchup is in his favor. Maybe not in escrima mode, but with his staff without a doubt; that freaking d1 hit-box is the death of Doomsday.

A match up that hasn't been elaborated on is Flash; which I also believe DD is at a disadvantage for. Solely because of Flash's attacks being able to interrupt some of DD's combos. Same issue when DD has trait. Flash has too much speed and it gives poor DD seizures. Flash also has very nice wake-up options for body splash.

Aquaman has actually been a problem for me as of late because of rising shrimp-fork (which hit-box sucks you in at times even if you venom charge), shrimp-fork toss (which must be blocked because it too has a ridiculous hit-box), and his water shield keeps nova in check once you try to avoid the other two.

Wonder Woman isn't too bad once you figure out which attacks hit low and which hit high, but her best tool she brings to the fight is her spinning lasso. Pretty much nullifies your ability to jd3 or ES wake-up stuff.

Batman is surprisingly a match up I am fond of. Since air-snatch is one of if not the best anti-air in the game, Bats may decide to stay full-screen. At that point it's all about timing mb nova and watching out for his slide wake up.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
definitely, i'll look into that matchup more for sure. Overall he only loses like 3 or 4 matchups (only 4 6s), so he is definitely a super legit character that ppl are finally realizing his real power and how dangerous he is.
Thank you.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I would agree that the Nightwing matchup is in his favor. Maybe not in escrima mode, but with his staff without a doubt; that freaking d1 hit-box is the death of Doomsday.

A match up that hasn't been elaborated on is Flash; which I also believe DD is at a disadvantage for. Solely because of Flash's attacks being able to interrupt some of DD's combos. Same issue when DD has trait. Flash has too much speed and it gives poor DD seizures. Flash also has very nice wake-up options for body splash.

Aquaman has actually been a problem for me as of late because of rising shrimp-fork (which hit-box sucks you in at times even if you venom charge), shrimp-fork toss (which must be blocked because it too has a ridiculous hit-box), and his water shield keeps nova in check once you try to avoid the other two.

Wonder Woman isn't too bad once you figure out which attacks hit low and which hit high, but her best tool she brings to the fight is her spinning lasso. Pretty much nullifies your ability to jd3 or ES wake-up stuff.

Batman is surprisingly a match up I am fond of. Since air-snatch is one of if not the best anti-air in the game, Bats may decide to stay full-screen. At that point it's all about timing mb nova and watching out for his slide wake up.
Flash could be difficult for DD, but i still think of it as an even MU. You must take into consideration that DD's d1 out ranges everything Flash has when done at max range.

You must mean the trident toss and the "From the deep" trident projectile? If so, the toss can be ducked since its a true high i think and the second one can be avoided by dashing forward. Same with NW's staff pound. There is no use of trying to hit him with Nova's. Just dash in or MB venom to his face.

WW is easy to fight against once you got the hang of it. Imo, its her SS that is troublesome for DD, but since she does not have good mobility at all when she is at SS, DD can take advantage of that.

Against Batman, i believe that AS wont save you. Why you will ask. The answer is, double jump. Batman can easily bait AS's with double jump and then 2 for a full combo punish. Plus, as i have said before, since Batman has a parry, he can shut down everything DD throws at him on reaction (except d1's). Venom can be parried and pretty much everything DD does, except upward venom and ES, can be parried, even if he has trait on. I agree with you on using MB Nova's when Batman is at full screen and starts zoning DD. But i believe that should be used once, cause you need the meter for clash and MB Venom. This is one of those MU's that DD cannot build meter effectively.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Do you mean slightly as in 6-4 Doomsday's favor cause the match-up seems 5-5 in my opinion
Yes. DD's normals out range Lobo's normals, except Lobo's standing 3. That alone saves him from DD when he is at sweep range and DD can easily get in with one MB Venom and start pressuring. Once DD gets in what can Lobo do? If you know his mix ups, he can be punished very hard for using them and some of his throw mix ups can be back dashed as well. Low space hook mix ups, if blocked, are heavily punishable as well. I used to have Lobo as a secondary and i pretty much know all of his mix ups. Imo they dont pose a serious threat against a DD that knows the MU.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
Deathstroke vs. DoomsDay 7-3 DoomsDay... Only Slade Wilson himself can make this MU a 5-5, but never in any dimension or time is it in Deathstrokes favor.

Update. I played Slips Deathstroke last night. We played a first to 20 wins. He won 20, I won 13. I am still getting better at the MU but I still feel 6-4 Deathstroke. Some of the advice in this thread against Deathstroke does just not work.

Rajjaka

Urriapáh !!
About Black Adam.

If black adam has the life lead, he could just run away all day with is floating jumps and divekicks, waiting for a dd mistake to take 40% of your life. Besides that you could lose a lot of meter trying to get in and MB venom will whiff sometimes. BA has a very good wakeup and anti dd wake up game. (lightning cage and lightning hands), so you have to guess right a hundred times to kill is life bar, he only needs two guesses and youre out. If you add this to MITDJT notes.... thats the answer for BA MU... BAD for doomsday. not to mention his back dash

also i found out that d2 nulifyes is prime antiwake up option (lightning hands) in case you didnt know.

cheers !

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Agreed, but if DD corners GA he is fucked. And i m not saying that judging by PL's performance. Savage blast, if spammed, can be punished with a correct MB Nova.

DD can easily trait up and get in with Nova or MB Nova. Building meter for DD is nothing when he is in. 4 blocked ES's and he has his meter back.

GA's godlike j3 can be neutralized by DD's AS, even d2, if the GA player gets to be too jumpy.

2 MB Venoms on hit and GA is in the corner.

d1 to trait can help DD stay in while he is pressuring GA.

Imo its an even MU.

This didn't look even yesterday....-_-. I just need to learn to block ES better. I'm not too used to fighting DD yet.