What's new

Doom Guy instead of Ash for MK11 DLC?

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
I know this thread is more of a "what if?" discussion but it's beyond me how people still don't acknowledge the leak as real.

It got 4 characters right already and we have tons of written intros dialogue to back that up. PLUS at the end of KP trailer we hear a sound that hints towards Terminator/Ash (I don't remember who), which is another character spoiled by the leak.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
Shao Kahn: So you're the one the Netherrealm fears?

Doom Guy: YOU'RE HUGE. THAT MEANS YOU HAVE HUGE GUTS

Shao Kahn: My fleshpits could use a mindless killing machine like you

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I like Doom, but I'm cool with the different things I like being separate. We don't need to KFC Bowl this thing.

Totally possible for the Doom Slayer to be a "premier skin" to Ash similar to how they did Black Lightning. Both are known for wielding a chainsaw and shotgun/boomstick.

Even easier in that the Doom Slayer doesn't even need any dialogue lines to be voice acted.

That being said, I highly doubt it.

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
That’s so lazy lol. I hate silent protagonists.
Silent Protagonists are kind of an outdated trope for Video Games today. There are still games that I like that have them, but I definitely prefer games with voiced protagonists, it gives them more character to enjoy.

What if both of them are in? Ash is pretty much confirmed by leaks but there are a lot of hints to doom guy too. We know there is a KP2 coming and not all the characters for that one leaked. Maybe we get both of them, hopefully not.

trufenix

bye felicia
I like that the same people who say i know what real fans want are always in the losing side of these debates.

Did anyone use the popular music sells but isn't actually good argument yet?

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
What if both of them are in? Ash is pretty much confirmed by leaks but there are a lot of hints to doom guy too. We know there is a KP2 coming and not all the characters for that one leaked. Maybe we get both of them, hopefully not.
I doubt it, I think they’re sticking with this “4 guests per game” cycle. So I think Joker might be the only guest in KP2. If he isn’t though, Doom Guy is for sure the next mostly likely choice.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Silent Protagonists are kind of an outdated trope for Video Games today. There are still games that I like that have them, but I definitely prefer games with voiced protagonists, it gives them more character to enjoy.
Yea but doom is a series like mk. That’s like saying fatalities or “get over here” are outdated.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
It's 100% Ash (the leak has been spot on and included extensive dialogue for each character), but I have just noticed that Boon put a picture up on Twitter 2 days ago with him and Todd Howard (as well as a few other key industry people). Todd Howard works at Bethesda. In that picture Boon is wearing a black dress shirt. If you notice, Boon usually always wears a similar looking shirt to events, Google will show this. The guy wearing the Doom special edition helmet during the Bethesda conference was also wearing a black dress shirt and looked similar to Boon build wise, plus we never saw his face. It was Boon. Doom also now has a brawling mode with a very MK sounding announcer.

Doom Guy for KP3 confirmed :DOGE

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Bethesda has shown to be one the most bullshit, shady ass game developers these past couple of years. They can keep Doom Guy. I'd rather have Ash.
Id Software is responsible for Doom and DoomGuy, not Bethesda. Id Software is respectable no matter what angle you wanna look at them. Id Software was bought by Zenimax and thus had their games published through the Bethesda brand, which Zenimax also owns.

So don't go conflating the evils of Bethesda and Todd Howard with Doom and Id Software please, their hands are clean.