What's new

Discussion Don't Get Your Hopes Up - 50/50s, Oct 4th Update, and Everyone's Overreaction.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
There's a reason they showed certain changes imo. Reptile nerf = Armored launchers being looked at.

D'vorah buff = Sonya's overhead looks slower
Quan's B2 = Overhead's /mixups might be toned down

at least imo. We'll see I guess but I'm super excited for this patch.
Rewatch Dvorah's gif. They slowed it down so you can see the armor in action better. The whole thing is slow. Look how slow her leg is moving.

FinalBoss_FGC

Your overhead will become 20-ish frames
Say goodbye to free armor breaking on wakeup with that f3 or whatever normal/string it is, which is now unsafe as well
Half of Bojutsu's armor is gone
Go to practice mode right now and keep NJPing until you get blisters on your fingers because today is the last day you'll enjoy that shit

Shall I go on?
Insider information?
Many characters have armor breaking strings or normals. So no concern there. Even if it is unsafe, I don't spam it. F2 is already like 18 frames.

Half of an irrelevant variation's armor is gone? Oh no.

And my isn't the best in the game and punishable. Idk why you think that will also be nerfed again.

Your nerf predictions are kinda bad dude no offense

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Insider information?
Many characters have armor breaking strings or normals. So no concern there. Even if it is unsafe, I don't spam it. F2 is already like 18 frames.

Half of an irrelevant variation's armor is gone? Oh no.

And my isn't the best in the game and punishable. Idk why you think that will also be nerfed again.

Your nerf predictions are kinda bad dude no offense
Let him get his banana.

JDM

Noob
Rewatch Dvorah's gif. They slowed it down so you can see the armor in action better. The whole thing is slow. Look how slow her leg is moving.
I don't think so. Looks like D'vorahs armor and her character is in real-time. Could be though, I thought that at first as well but the more I watch it the more it seems like only sonya has been slowed down.

FinalBoss_FGC

I don't think so. Looks like D'vorahs armor and her character is in real-time. Could be though, I thought that at first as well but the more I watch it the more it seems like only sonya has been slowed down.
I could be wrong. I guess we will see in a few hours

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
NJPs on hit on the way during a jump now produce a splat. Launching with NJP I'll only occur if the opponent is already in air or if you are on the way down from a jump.

I would love if this happened. Lol

WarlordRenegade

Founder of Team Renegade
I don't want them to remove all 50/50s from the game, I just want them to at least be unsafe on block. As far as the hard to blockable setups ie: quan overhead/low bat or takeda EX kunai/overhead silliness. Those should have never been in there to begin with. And seeing them get nerfed or removed gives me hope for the life of the game. As far as any other character having a low or overhead that isn't a hard-to-blockable they shouldn't get removed just edit the frame data to make them unsafe at least -6 or so. No overhead or low should be + on block for ANY character. If that's what this patch is about plus the buff to block breaker reo mentioned (block breaker only costing 1 meter bar) then I truly think this would be the best competitive fighting game out there today.

MK_Al

Noob
LOW/OH 50/50ies, absurd block- or hitstun, jump in 50/50ies and so on shouldn't have been in the game in the first place. But despite of all that i feel like the overall game balance was quite ok, and could have been really good with some minor tweaks.
Now, with this (supposingly) huge list of changes and possibly new meta elements, nobody can predict the impact on the game, and we might end up with an more unbalanced game than before - and no more patch.

Not sure what to think of all that; but let's wait and see.

Ger187

Noob
LOW/OH 50/50ies, absurd block- or hitstun, jump in 50/50ies and so on shouldn't have been in the game in the first place. But despite of all that i feel like the overall game balance was quite ok, and could have been really good with some minor tweaks.
Now, with this (supposingly) huge list of changes and possibly new meta elements, nobody can predict the impact on the game, and we might end up with an more unbalanced game than before - and no more patch.

Not sure what to think of all that; but let's wait and see.
no one said that this is the last patch