What's new

Donatello General Discussion: "Get ready for gadgets"

Skedar70

Noob
I disagree i don't think he's total trash. He is worse than the other turtles but i don't think he's that bad
I dont know, I use Grodd and I feel he has dirt. Donnie on the other hand has just like 2 safe strings then everything else is full combo punishable including all his specials and all of the options of his trait suck. I dont see anything good with this character.

D

Deleted member 56553

Yeah was playing as Raiden and beatingsome guy's leonardo consistently, switched to donnie and lost consistently, close games though. However, the douchebag kept shouting how much a scrub I am. For life of me I had no ideas how to counter him walking back the neater match and waiting for his trait to recharge. Even with Donnie's vacuum disk, nothing worked.

It seems like the gap in donnie's b223 is very small I've be trying to mb b3 it for a while in training mode and I can't get it to come out. Only been able to backdash the last hit.

Theres also a big gap in f213. Donnies 7 frame d1 will fit between the 2nd and 3rd hit.

His 8 frame s1 blows it up too. SMH

Your options after your opponents blocks b223 are abysmal. Your only plus 3 and with how far they get pushed back your fastest mids won't reach them. The moves you have that will reach them are so slow that your risking getting hit yourself if your opponent does any decently fast move.

Your best options are probably just to go for jump 2 or backing off and see trying to whiff punish them.

Gap in his 21 up 3 is also large enough to fit a 8 frame stand jab through. Not that it matters that much since the last hit is unsafe anyways.

b22 is -9 on block and only +3 on hit, however...

b22 db 1 is safe on block and gives more plus frames on hit.

After b22 db1 on hit, doing f21 will beat most buttons and also blow up armor.

The opponent can backdash, but if you do b12 instead the second hit will punish their backdash(atleast donnie's backdash).

They can also jump.

So its not super guaranteed pressure but its something.

Last edited:

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I was hoping that since this character is stupid unsafe on all his specials that B12 would at least be a block string so he could have 1 safe option thats not a high start but nope you can jab or mb b3 between lol, this character is garbage idk what he is suppose to do

Hiyomoto

Noob
Looks like the only safe way to put out his trait is to end combos with f3.
What about 21?

Your options after your opponents blocks b223 are abysmal. Your only plus 3 and with how far they get pushed back your fastest mids won't reach them. The moves you have that will reach them are so slow that your risking getting hit yourself if your opponent does any decently fast move.

Your best options are probably just to go for jump 2 or backing off and see trying to whiff punish them.
Idk if anyone has tried in a real game but wouldn’t the vacuum make him even more plus since you’re pulled towards him or away depending on distance?

I think everyone's underestimating him. His b2 has crazy range, and if they're not crouching it confirms into b223 or b22 db1 which both are safe. He doesn't have MKX pressure or mixups but he does have significant advantage with his range of his b2, b1, j2, and his AA db2. I've been having a lot of success with him on ranked on Xbox.

I think everyone's underestimating him. His b2 has crazy range, and if they're not crouching it confirms into b223 or b22 db1 which both are safe. He doesn't have MKX pressure or mixups but he does have significant advantage with his range of his b2, b1, j2, and his AA db2. I've been having a lot of success with him on ranked on Xbox.
I like the positivity, this threads already off to a bad start. I’m on “Eck Bok” as well, Chuck3Taylor if you ever want games. I’m on EST and play most evenings. Been on the Donnie grind as of late but I also have a less than mediocre Atro and GL.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
b22 is -9 on block and only +3 on hit, however...

b22 db 1 is safe on block and gives more plus frames on hit.

After b22 db1 on hit, doing f21 will beat most buttons and also blow up armor.

The opponent can backdash, but if you do b12 instead the second hit will punish their backdash(atleast donnie's backdash).

They can also jump.

So its not super guaranteed pressure but its something.
I found this b22~db1 thing interesting so I tested it.

I believe it's minus 8 so it's not actually safe. That said, it would be tough punish unless you made the read.

But since there's that glitch with db1 MB(Done by simply MB'ing db1), you can make it neutral on block. And after the glitch is performed b22~db1 becomes at least +13 on hit. So If I'm a Donnie player, I'm getting that glitch out as soon as possible because that seems pretty huge for him.

I found this b22~db1 thing interesting so I tested it.

I believe it's minus 8 so it's not actually safe. That said, it would be tough punish unless you made the read.

But since there's that glitch with db1 MB(Done by simply MB'ing db1), you can make it neutral on block. And after the glitch is performed b22~db1 becomes at least +13 on hit. So If I'm a Donnie player, I'm getting that glitch out as soon as possible because that seems pretty huge for him.
This is probably a dumb question but do these plus frames stay active for the entire match after doing the MB DB1?