What's new

Question - Unbreakable Does Unbreakable do anything for Sub-Zero?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
So Grandmaster is Sub-Zero's best option for the vast majority of matchups, and Cryomancer has its purposes. But is Unbreakable ever Sub-Zero's best choice for a matchup? Is there even one single matchup that Unbreakable is the best option? This isn't a buff thread whatsoever, I'm just curious about this.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
So Grandmaster is Sub-Zero's best option for the vast majority of matchups, and Cryomancer has its purposes. But is Unbreakable ever Sub-Zero's best choice for a matchup? Is there even one single matchup that Unbreakable is the best option? This isn't a buff thread whatsoever, I'm just curious about this.
its the swaggiest variation and its basically CSZ-lite.

and yes those are perfectly valid reasons to use him

Yak

Noob
Some people I guess can make him work. I kind of just feel like unbreakables style just doesn't work that well in this game with what he has.
Maybe it's just me but I think this game just favors offense too much and playing defensively usually just ends badly.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
you have one of the best parries in the game and you don't have to deal with chip damage so you can just deal with stagger pressure. This variation isn't as bad as people make it to be.
The thing with Unbreakable's parry is that if you make the right read, you get 20-25% for it. If you don't you get full combo punished for the opponent's highest damaging punisher. The risk/reward ratio just isn't right for a move that is integral to the variation. I'll say that when it comes to other parries in the game, Unbreakable is the only one to get a full combo for it. But as I said it's incredibly risky to perform.

Edit: Spelling error fixed

Last edited:

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
The thing with Unbreakable's parry is that if you make the right read, you get 20-25% for it. If you don't you get full combo punished for the opponent's highest damaging punisher. The risk/reward ratio just isn't right for a move that is integral to the variation. I'll say that when it comes to other parries in the game, Unbreakable is the only one to get a full combo for it. But as I said it's incredibly risky to perform.

Edit: Spelling error fixed
You can get easy 30% now from a parry after the aura buffs.

Yep, while Lao builds shittons of meter.
^^^^^^ this is the main problem with Unbreakable.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
You can get easy 30% now from a parry after the aura buffs

Until you play online and can barely link a 11 after the meter less aura...

boba_buster

Noob saibot
The problem is the vast majority of ppl who play only have online as an outlet because there isn't enough ppl local to play with. I live in New Orleans and there's absolutely no scene here

boba_buster

Noob saibot
It's really shitty to final have something to work with now but the links are so tight you can't use it , has anyone ever landed a b12xxaura b12 online ?

boba_buster

Noob saibot
I don't judge the game by online but online is how I play and it's very depressing to not be able to play your favorite character/variation because of it

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
It's really shitty to final have something to work with now but the links are so tight you can't use it , has anyone ever landed a b12xxaura b12 online ?
I agree that online fucks Unbreakable up, but it's much more than simply B12xxAura, B12. Unbreakable is a passive/reactive character that focuses on defense which relies a lot on reactions, which are fucked up online.

Anyway, I just use b12xxAura 242 instead. You lose only 1% damage but you gain one more frame of leniency.